GTP Member's cars directory. What do you drive?

• Thread starter Avenger803
  • 4,035 comments

Do you like your car?

• My car is the best, much better than anyone else's!

Votes: 476 34.8%
  • Yep, it always starts, doesn't cost much, and I like it.

Votes: 564 41.3%
  • Well, it's kinda rusting, driving is kinda scary at times,doesn't look too good.

Votes: 68 5.0%
  • It's in the junkyard, or will be soon.

Votes: 13 1.0%
  • Car? what car?

Votes: 245 17.9%

• Total voters
Before you start laughing at Keef, I think you should think about what he has said. It certainly isn't "silly;" a car that is financed within reason cost-wise can dramatically improve your credit score as long as each payment is made on time, since it demonstrates that you can use credit wisely. Remember, nowadays, everyone and everything is using your credit score to rate you: insurance, home mortgage loans, credit card companies, phone companies, even jobs that you're applying to.

Keef never suggested that someone who makes $20k a year should go out and finance a new Bentley, that sure is incredibly stupid, not to mention that no one would finance you in the first place. In fact, Keef did specifically mentioned financing within reason.

I know guys that have had the money to purchase a car outright and got a loan instead for the main purpose of obtaining a good credit rating. Makes sense to me, I hope Holden brings out a sports car I can do the same thing with, assuming I can afford it.

I know guys that have had the money to purchase a car outright and got a loan instead for the main purpose of obtaining a good credit rating...

Yeah, that's a great idea I also utilized back in the day/when I had absolutely no credit. (though only for smaller loans items) Anyways, more bad pics! :)👍 Nothing special here, just 2 I'm in from the SC Probes Owners Club, atop a parking garage in Myrtle Beach. (I'm the one that doesn't match :P) This was pre-2.5L but I was made an honorary member since the 1.8L V6 is directly related, I was friends with a few members online, and was long-distance/about 550 miles from home. We all caravaned up together from the bottom tip of the state. Looked like a group of Fast & the Furious rejects, haha.

MyrtleMadness6SCProbes2.jpg

MurtleMadness2004s.jpg

I know guys that have had the money to purchase a car outright and got a loan instead for the main purpose of obtaining a good credit rating. Makes sense to me, I hope Holden brings out a sports car I can do the same thing with, assuming I can afford it.

Paulie,
I think we've had a few versions of Holden cars here, the Pontiac GTO and G8 which to me were bargains, and not to bring up Ford but don't they do some hot rods on that side of the world?
Graham

Yes, the GTO was a Monaro and the G8 was a Commodore. As much as I love both, the GTO was basically a 2 door version of the Commodore, I'm looking for a smaller and dedicated sports car, hopefully spawned off the Alpha platform that will birth the Cadillac ATS and next gen Camaro. I'd like a V6 but would buy a V8 too. Ford do the Falcon in Australia, a 4 door muscle sedan with either supercharged 5.0Ls or turbocharged 4.0L straight-6s making 335kw or 315kw respectively in top trim.
You'll probably also get the Chevrolet Caprice patrol car soon which is a Holden Caprice.

We will get the Caprice patrol car but unless they assemble it here or something we probably won't see to many. I know a lot of municipalities require all their vehicles to be built in America in order for them to purchase them.

We will get the Caprice patrol car but unless they assemble it here or something we probably won't see to many. I know a lot of municipalities require all their vehicles to be built in America in order for them to purchase them.

The Michigan State Police has one of the premiere testing programs in the country, so what they recommend is what many states buy.

"the cops here are all factory tuned. If you can do better than 180k, they won't even bother"

Rode up front in an Interceptor edition crown vic about 6yrs ago. At one point the cop put it to the floor, (I forget what the radio call was but he was in a hurry to get there). That thing was such a slow, rattling, shaking POS it wasn't funny. No joke, it reminded me of an airplane that's just touched down & thrown reverse thrust! Not as quite as violent & no jet sounds but same general feeling & rattling interior. :lol: At the time I had a bone stock 1.8L V6 MX-3, (automatic), and I've no doubt it was faster, which is pretty sad. I've heard some mean sounding Charger cop-cars though. Guarantee they couldn't keep up in the twisties but I don't think I'd want one chasing me on open interstate. :P

Of course it'd be rattly, imagine all the equipment and abuse a cop car would carry/get.

Of course it'd be rattly, imagine all the equipment and abuse a cop car would carry/get.

Well yeah, that's pretty much a given.. though in most cases I assume the typical abuse is being floored & spinning grass up out of the median? I'm not a cop, I dunno. (and that's not meant as a knock towards cops either) The comment was more about how slow this "tuned" edition seemed to be. I've had friends who were cops & commented on them being so much quicker - which leads me to the question, how slow are normal crown vic's? My Grandpa's got a Buick of about the same year & that thing's beast in comparison. :P

The "tuned" myth of the police Vics is just that in most cases. Most are absolutely stone stock... And when you've got 4000lb+ to move around, 230-250hp isn't a lot.

If anything they'd be a lot slower as they'd have to be quite a bit heavier than a regular version, with sirens, computers, guns, (bullet proofing?), crim guards and nudge bars etc.

yeah, grille came off before storage this winter, waiting on spring for some new pics.. thanks for the kind words!!

That'd be a really nice teg if you put a Type R front end on it. Preferably JDM Type R. I like it besides the bumper, and the mesh is the main issue there.

Is that the Bentley that always shows up on Woodward? Because that car is awesome. From the stories I've heard, and these are just stories among car guys of course, that Bentley was bought due to a lost bet. Not sure how true that is :lol:

Is that the Bentley that always shows up on Woodward? Because that car is awesome. From the stories I've heard, and these are just stories among car guys of course, that Bentley was bought due to a lost bet. Not sure how true that is :lol:

Joey,

No, that is a white GTC and the story is true. This one belongs to me.

Graham

Joey,

No, that is a white GTC and the story is true. This one belongs to me.

Graham

Very nice car there sir. 👍

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the older, more proper Bentleys. The Continental GT etc just don't do it for me even though supposedly they've got far more modern trickery and so on... Though perhaps that's the problem.

~Kyle

Very nice car there sir. 👍

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the older, more proper Bentleys. The Continental GT etc just don't do it for me even though supposedly they've got far more modern trickery and so on... Though perhaps that's the problem.

~Kyle

Thank you Kyle,
The new ones are production line built not that I would turn my nose up at one, all the older style were mostly hand built, the Continental R Mulliner in the above picture is one of forty six, Bentley does specials within model runs so Continentals were built from 1993-2002, 1900 were built in total with specials included within that count.
Graham

How do you lose a bet and buy a Bentley?! What were they betting for where if you lose, you're out almost $200,000?!?! :lol:

How do you lose a bet and buy a Bentley?! What were they betting for where if you lose, you're out almost $200,000?!?! :lol:

For real.. I'd like to have won that hand! I could do soo much damage with 200k, though in reality would likely just spend a little & bank/invest the rest. Ook, back to the real world now.. :boggled:

Back