GTP Member's cars directory. What do you drive?

• Thread starter Avenger803
  • 4,035 comments

Do you like your car?

• My car is the best, much better than anyone else's!

Votes: 476 34.8%
  • Yep, it always starts, doesn't cost much, and I like it.

Votes: 564 41.3%
  • Well, it's kinda rusting, driving is kinda scary at times,doesn't look too good.

Votes: 68 5.0%
  • It's in the junkyard, or will be soon.

Votes: 13 1.0%
  • Car? what car?

Votes: 245 17.9%

• Total voters
2005 WRX STi - World Rally Blue

This thing is fast, loud, eye catching, comfortable, easy to drive, and so fun to be in. What more can you ask for. :)

Stats:
309hp
349ft lbs tq
Tuned @19psi

Parts installed:
K&N typhoon ram air intake
Helix Catless DP
Tomei Unequal Length Headers
TBE Exhaust(brand unknown)
Cobb access port v2 with Protune from Precision Tuning in NJ
RCE yellow Springs
Walbro 255lph pump
Greddy Turbo Timer
Hawk HPS pads
Kartboy Endlinks in back
Enkei RPF1 with star specs(have stock bbs w/ snow tires)
Kartyboy Short Shifter
RallyArmor Mud Flaps
ACT 6 Puck Sprung Clutch

Picture:
photo2.jpg

Last edited:
2005 WRX STi - World Rally Blue...

Nice! Would love to have one just like it/that's my preferred body style, if I didn't love convertibles so much & then already have a 3rd car.. (hint hint - somebody come steal the MX-3, wouldn't be worth trying to find another clean 6cyl :P) Do ya raise it back up in the winter? I'd likely leave mine with a higher ride height year round, so I could fool around in the mountains behind my house.

EDIT - if I can find the link I'll post my retarded buddy beating his old Legacy around a sloppy spot up in there, haha

Last edited:
Nice! Would love to have one just like it/that's my preferred body style, if I didn't love convertibles so much & then already have a 3rd car.. (hint hint - somebody come steal the MX-3, wouldn't be worth trying to find another clean 6cyl :P) Do ya raise it back up in the winter? I'd likely leave mine with a higher ride height year round, so I could fool around in the mountains behind my house.

EDIT - if I can find the link I'll post my retarded buddy beating his old Legacy around a sloppy spot up in there, haha

Well I live in Charlotte, NC. So we don't get much snow, and there's really no mountains close to me haha. I just picked up the stock bbs and they had the snow tires already on them bought them from a guy in PA. Ill likely take those tires off, sell them, re finish the wheels in gold, and switch the tires off the enkei and put them on the bbs. Then get some softer compound tires, maybe racing tires put them on the enkei for track days.

Well I live in Charlotte, NC. So we don't get much snow...

Ahh gotcha, I've got a friend who lives in Charlotte. Hopefully I'll be visiting him this fall while I take the Miata to somebody for some special interior work. :) You ever tracked it? Just wondering what kind of times 309whp will get ya in one of those.

Ahh gotcha, I've got a friend who lives in Charlotte. Hopefully I'll be visiting him this fall while I take the Miata to somebody for some special interior work. :) You ever tracked it? Just wondering what kind of times 309whp will get ya in one of those.

309hp gets you alot.. have you ever seen a 2005 in person? its actually a really small car, looks bigger in pictures. So its pretty light for a 4 door sedan. If you roll into first then shift to 2nd gear then floor it will lift the front up and push you back in the seat. The power comes on very smoothly though. Before i finished all the installs and got it re tuned i was running about 280hp. In the 1/4 it ran:

60'-1.856
330-5.616
1/8-8.674
mph-80.10
1000-11.273
1/4- 13.491
mph-103.00

i havent taken it to the track with 309 yet, but im guessing it would be close to mid 12's,

309hp gets you alot.. have you ever seen a 2005 in person? its actually a really small car, looks bigger in pictures...

Nice! I'm more into roadcourse/autoX than drag, but it's always cool to know what your car can do. 👍 Apparently the previous owner of my FD got a 13 flat, back before some of the mods were done, so she should be somewhere in the 12's. (good enough for me!) Thing literally came with 10y worth of receipts.. it's kinda cool to have bought a car where I can just about go straight to aesthetic tweaks. :) Also, I think anything past a 1st gen Impreza's big, but my first car was a Miata & the next 3 were MX-3's, and now the FD, so.. :lol: If I had the ability I'd throw a GTX's AWD drivetrain under the MX-3, but unfortunately that's a no-go in this lifetime.

Nice! I'm more into roadcourse/autoX than drag, but it's always cool to know what your car can do. 👍 Apparently the previous owner of my FD got a 13 flat, back before some of the mods were done, so she should be somewhere in the 12's. (good enough for me!) Thing literally came with 10y worth of receipts.. it's kinda cool to have bought a car where I can just about go straight to aesthetic tweaks. :) Also, I think anything past a 1st gen Impreza's big, but my first car was a Miata & the next 3 were MX-3's, and now the FD, so.. :lol: If I had the ability I'd throw a GTX's AWD drivetrain under the MX-3, but unfortunately that's a no-go in this lifetime.

Yeah if you owned an MX and now a FD than an sti is huge in comparison. haha. but the 04-05 body style is smaller than the 06-07 and the present style. the 2011 STi's are to big in my opinion. haha. But i love the car its a blast to drive, something a little bit different that you have to turn your head and look at.

...the 2011 STi's are to big in my opinion...

Agreed.. alot of new "cars" are approaching mini-van sizes these days?! :crazy: It'd kick @ss if alot of them were identical to now in all aspects, but tucked in their previous generation or two's size constraints!

keldabest13
I drive a ferrari 599

I hate to be a jerk but this is the interweb.. I can tell people I drive an LFA, but without more info/pics etc, I sound like a little kid saying he has a red Corvette..

I put a deposit on a Toyota Sera yesterday. I'll be picking it up this weekend. :D

Sweet! you'll have to get some pics, inside & out. I've always thought those were neat, though we don't have them here in the US. They look somewhat similar (exterior wise), to Mazda's little AZ-3, another awesome little car we didn't get.

I definitely will post some pictures. :) They're very funny looking things. It was strange to see one in real life, as the last one I saw was probably 5 or so years ago. It was very fun to drive, even if it was only an automatic... it felt a bit like a go-kart (Nimble, low to the ground, glass roof).

The AZ-3 (or Eunos in AUS) is also a funky looking thing. Seen a few of those around.

There's one somewhere near I live, 'cause I've seen it around a few times. It's my 2nd dream car after the MR2 (any gen). Although if I don't get a job any time soon it might be my late-Granddad's old Mazda 323 :indiff:

This is the front of my Civic Si 2010
img0002kw.jpg

This is the rear of my Civic Si 2010
img0003wru.jpg

This is the gauge cluster of my Civic Si 2010
img0005qy.jpg

This is the speedometer of my Civic Si 2010
img0007tgq.jpg

Since I am 14 I drive a nice looking 2010 Schwinn Beachcrusier. It gets infinite miles per gallon and comes with blinking lights and a basket :)

Just an ugly old '71 Malibu with a tired 350, transmission that howls like a banshee, and a 12 bolt that........well I don't really have anything bad to say about the 12 bolt. :P

It's a crying shame that I have an M22 and a 12 bolt posi behind a low compression, stock cammed 350 that Grandma would have bought back in 1971. Oh well, it's time is coming for some serious horsepower.

Hey guys, I wanna learn how to drive a manual car. Next year I am planning to buy a car, I am thinking a Manual Hatchback, maybe Mazda 2. Need some fuel economy, not too big, and fun all around.
So where can I learn how to drive a manual? None of my friends have Manual car, should I go to a dealer and maybe they could show me how to while test drive a car?

I play PC sims and GT5 with Clutch enabled, so I got basic ideas how to shift, double clutch, rev match, but seems no game simulates how to start the car up. I driven few times on a motorcycle so I would guess its same concept as in the car when Trying to go from standstill?

Hey guys, I wanna learn how to drive a manual car. Next year I am planning to buy a car, I am thinking a Manual Hatchback, maybe Mazda 2. Need some fuel economy, not too big, and fun all around.
So where can I learn how to drive a manual? None of my friends have Manual car, should I go to a dealer and maybe they could show me how to while test drive a car?

I play PC sims and GT5 with Clutch enabled, so I got basic ideas how to shift, double clutch, rev match, but seems no game simulates how to start the car up. I driven few times on a motorcycle so I would guess its same concept as in the car when Trying to go from standstill?

If you don't know anyone with a manual car then just do it on your car. Purchase the manual car, look for some tutorials and perfect your tecnique. After about 4 drives you should have the basics down and probably won't have much of a problem on hill starts. Just make sure to take it easy and have patience. I learnt in what probably isn't the most convenient car to learn in, especially that 1-2 change on cold drives but after you master the speed of taking the foot off the clutch and understand how it works you will be fine. Practice on sims helps understand the concept a lot, but you will still have to master the clutch pressure and pedal travel of your car, which is probably more than on any sim pedal set.
PS: That mazda 2 looks like a fun little car, and with a manual you will get better fuel economy too

motortrend
If you don't know anyone with a manual car then just do it on your car. Purchase the manual car, look for some tutorials and perfect your tecnique. After about 4 drives you should have the basics down and probably won't have much of a problem on hill starts. Just make sure to take it easy and have patience. I learnt in what probably isn't the most convenient car to learn in, especially that 1-2 change on cold drives but after you master the speed of taking the foot off the clutch and understand how it works you will be fine. Practice on sims helps understand the concept a lot, but you will still have to master the clutch pressure and pedal travel of your car, which is probably more than on any sim pedal set.
PS: That mazda 2 looks like a fun little car, and with a manual you will get better fuel economy too

Thanks for advice. Yeah I think that's what I do. Yes sims teacher me how to change gears but never really how to roll out a car, in games its very easy.
Yes seems that car might be cheapest for most fun and great fuel economy, 100 hp is not a lot but the car is only a ton, and reviews say it's blast on twisty roads. I still have till around late spring early summer, but nothing other on my radar for that price point, would love a gti but for new one I need about 24k. Q used gti for around 15k, I bet it will be falling apart after some guy driving it hard to death lol.
Any other hot hatches that are cheap brand new? Seems Europe got really cool ones, and in USA hatchback are not as popular. U less I got to Mexico and buy myself a Seat. Haha

Thanks for advice. Yeah I think that's what I do. Yes sims teacher me how to change gears but never really how to roll out a car, in games its very easy.
Yes seems that car might be cheapest for most fun and great fuel economy, 100 hp is not a lot but the car is only a ton, and reviews say it's blast on twisty roads. I still have till around late spring early summer, but nothing other on my radar for that price point, would love a gti but for new one I need about 24k. Q used gti for around 15k, I bet it will be falling apart after some guy driving it hard to death lol.
Any other hot hatches that are cheap brand new? Seems Europe got really cool ones, and in USA hatchback are not as popular. U less I got to Mexico and buy myself a Seat. Haha

You could also try the fiesta, which is pretty much the same as a mazda 2. Also, you can think about other used cars thats till have warranty or you can get one out of warranty for less but make sure it's car with good reviews reliability-wise and to check it out thoroughly. If you like the Mazda 2, it would really be a good choice to maybe get a 1 year old one that still has most of the warranty but already took that big initial depretiation hit

How much would I save from one year old Mazda? Many dealerships will not depreciate almost any car. most I could save is 1,000 bucks, I rather go for brand new.

Fiesta was my first choice, but would prefer the AUTO since its more fuel economy and faster 0-60 but then its too expensive, I would have to spend 3 K more for Auto Fiesta 5 Door, but I was looking at what dealers have, and always find 5 door auto transmission for around 19-20k. Overpriced. Plus seems all reviews say Mazda 2 drives more fun and handles better over Fiesta. So cheaper, almost same fuel economy, and more fun, why not? Oh and way better looking over girly look Fiesta.

How much would I save from one year old Mazda? Many dealerships will not depreciate almost any car. most I could save is 1,000 bucks, I rather go for brand new.

We bought the '08 6 we have currently at the end of '09 for roughly half the price of a "new" one, albeit with 48000 miles.

Rotary Junkie
We bought the '08 6 we have currently at the end of '09 for roughly half the price of a "new" one, albeit with 48000 miles.

So how come I never find these deals? Also how much you spend? How much was 09 model? I mean If i save 3 or more thousand for slightly used Mazda 2 why not, but most times I go dealers, and I see ridiculous prices for one year old used cars. Good example I've seem a 2010 mustang
v8 4.6 with few thousand miles on it for 27k, they said because it's premium, heck for 27 k you can buy premium almost same power, better handling better interior better looking 2011 mustang v6.

EDIT----------------

Ok, I just went to cars.com I put in used Mazda2 within 75 mikes of my area.
I found two. One has 11,377 miles n it for $15,915 another Mazda2 has 6,283 miles for $13,899. Plain overpriced, I do not think next year the car will be half price.

Last edited:

I haven't found any reason to double clutch a properly functioning synchronized transmission. We aren't talking sixty year old three speeds that have no synchronisers. ;)

As far as driving, take offs are the big thing. Give it just a little throttle and slowly start coming up off the floor with the clutch pedal. It may cause some extra slippage until you get the feel for it. As long as you don't drive it like that all the time you will be fine. Driving a stick is easy. Don't let anyone tell you other wise. 👍

I read it, and I don't really buy into that school of thought. The whole purpose for putting synchro rings into a transmission was so you didn't have to double clutch any more. The original M22 that was in the '70 went well over 100,000 miles on it's original synchro rings. In fact the original synchro rings out of that transmission are what's in the M22 I built with the intent of beating on. The synchros that had those 100,000 miles on them grabbed the cone of the gear every bit as good as the new ones. I guess if double clutching floats your boat then by all means go for it. I just don't see the need for it.

Back