GTP Member's cars directory. What do you drive?

• Thread starter Avenger803
  • 4,035 comments

Do you like your car?

• My car is the best, much better than anyone else's!

Votes: 476 34.8%
  • Yep, it always starts, doesn't cost much, and I like it.

Votes: 564 41.3%
  • Well, it's kinda rusting, driving is kinda scary at times,doesn't look too good.

Votes: 68 5.0%
  • It's in the junkyard, or will be soon.

Votes: 13 1.0%
  • Car? what car?

Votes: 245 17.9%

• Total voters
I'll post pics eventually right now the car is just torn down i haven't had much time to get to work on it work has me working 12 hour days 6 days a week i am taking pics to document the build and also a video log the car is also going to get a meth kit to help with performance and keeping cool I will be running it in some NASA and SCCA events this year in the upper Midwest region i'm thinking about 6-7 races this year and next year running it full time and put my dirt track escapades to rest

Owning a new Boss 302 is a pretty bold claim to make when you have 4 posts and no pictures to prove it...

here are my previous 3 cars with my current

ive kind of got a fanboy theme going here ....

2003 350z
kept it a little over 4 years
Full S-tune Aero kit Nismo Exhaust NISMO 19" LMGT wheels
I had the graphics too but i got tired of it and removed them
used it alot for Auto-X
sssssdsuu5.jpg

2007 NISMO 350z
Stock except for NISMO Dual cold air intakes
only had it for about 7 months as i was waiting for the GTR to arrive in 2008
Auto-X aswell
pa284794yb6.jpg

2009 GT-R
kept it about 2 and a half years
HKS racepipe HKS Exhaust HKS Drop Filters
Auto-X Drag and some Track Days

Current Car 2012 GT-R Black Edition ( #1 Production built Black Edition GTR for the USA)
Stillen Midpipe K&N Air Filters and a few carbon accents
Auto-X, Drag and some Track Days
will be keeping this until the R36 is out in a few years

Last edited:
Awesome cars MCNAGTROC, though I've never understood how people can swap cars as often as I change my underwear. I guess I've got separation issues or something, haha. :P

What was better about the 2012 gtr that made you switch?

short answer....everything

more detailed answer is 2012 was the midlife refresh of the R35 so 50 more hp new suspension, exterior changes and not to mention a completely new launch control system... basically everything on the car was tweaked and improved..

Awesome cars MCNAGTROC, though I've never understood how people can swap cars as often as I change my underwear. I guess I've got separation issues or something, haha. :P

i got that silver Z back in 2002 so really its only been 4 cars in 10 years.. thats not too bad.
i might have separation issues with the 2012 because it was the first one built and has a special story behind it so im gonna keep it atleast until 2015/2016 when the R36 launches

Last edited:
Weren't some dealerships doing those upgrades for pre-2012 GTRs? I asked cause I could only tell a little difference in the front fascia and of course the rims.

Weren't some dealerships doing those upgrades for pre-2012 GTRs? I asked cause I could only tell a little difference in the front fascia and of course the rims.

at the dealership level? no. i mean there is a big aftermarket for the car but the 2012 was a pretty big overhaul of the car from the factory.. yeah the only real appearence differences are the front and rear bumpers and the wheels and some tweaks to the interior..but under the skin its alot.so much they renamed the chassis. boost was changed from 11psi to 13psi aswell

DSC05551.jpg

DSC05549.jpg

DSC05553.jpg

DSC05548.jpg

DSC05513.jpg

Sadly she's gotta go soon.
Making way for bigger and MUCH better things ;)

Still rocking the summer HRE's here

And lol it seems like we got a lot of gtr love here haha

Last edited:
I honestly never would've guessed that so many GT5 players were rich. Looks like I need to stop coming into this thread before I get massively upset about my life.

I honestly never would've guessed that so many GT5 players were rich. Looks like I need to stop coming into this thread before I get massively upset about my life.

I hear ya man/don't feel bad! I did bite the bullet & bought an FD last summer, but lived dirt cheap for a couple years & still had to take out a small loan, then save another 2 months to cover shipping, to swing it. :P If I'd been sensible I'd have stuck to my original plan of supercharging the Miata. (which eventually I see myself selling the RX/reverting to, as I knew it'd likely be outside my price bracket going in, but couldn't resist trying out!) Nice Miata btw. :)👍 Mines a DD, so not gutted, but I'd planned to do similar with my '91. Already had too many cars & no garage though, lol. Oh, and FWIW, the MX-3's not currently running and I managed to hit my first ever deer, in the RX, 100 miles after taking ownership. :irked:

Last edited:

:lol: Although, it's not surprising that the petrolheads and gearheads would have a fascination with Gran Turismo; plenty of people in the automotive world I encounter have played the game and enjoy it as well. And who knows, now that nearly an entire generation from rattle to controller to driver's license has experienced the game, there's bound to be a cultural effect which can shape the driving attitudes of future generations (hopefully in positive ways).

Life is pretty good for me, even though I drive a Scion and the wife's minivan. I have zero time for another car with a hectic work/travel schedule, kids, other interests, becoming a rampant saver in a shaky economy, but later on in life...well, at least I get to thrash the occasional rental car, and find discover new places to drive.

Just keep telling myself that it's more fun to drive a slow car fast, so as long as you aren't scared to death doing so nor driving with a suspended license.

Last edited:

:) Just what I was thinking! Haha well put, maybe you'll win the lotto one day

Where did all these GTRs come from all of a sudden? Awesome. I wish there was one here in Michigan to check it out in person.

Love it or hate it.. I know i love it
04 Subaru Outback premium 3.0 H6
19" wheels, custom exhaust, K&N and the grill is all ive done to it

IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

Most people who see it want me to lower it
I'd be happier lifting it another inch or so though

Im going to be getting some proper photographer pics done for it soon

Needs off-road tires and it would look awesome. And I totally agree with a bit of a lift.

1967 Mercury Cougar :embarrassed: It has a bronze-ish paint job {org paint} org engine works insept new covers and filter holder. Currently in a shop getting a oil leak fixed...

I'm calling BS until we see some pics...Nobody with a 67 Cougar says their paint is "bronze-ish" and claims their mods are "covers and filter holder".

He probably just stole the Cougar so he could take his cousin bowling at all hours of the night.

I think you guys are missing the point, he's 13yrs old so he can't even drive (or come close to spelling), so there's a 99% chance he doesn't own a Cougar. Even if he did, it'd be sitting in a shed collecting dust until he can drive, not at a shop getting an "oil leak" fixed. Somebody ludicrous claim that junk, make him fess up if he won't do it here.

Last edited:
I drive a late 2006 Lexus IS220d Sport (XE20) in Arctic Blue with an Alcantara Cream Interior.

Remapped/Chipped to 210BHP and 345lb/ft of torque, it's powerful enough for me (for now).

Good Points:

The equipment.

It has every optional extra apart from leather; Sat Nav, 13.1 Mark Levinson Surround Sound System with 750 W Subwoofer, 10 way Electric Front Heated Seats, Xenon headlamps which turn in the direction you steer, Reverse Camera, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Bluetooth, DAB Radio, MP3/AUX input, keyless entry and go...the list goes on and on!
Because it's a sport it has cream alcantara. Don't understand Lexus' motive for not giving the option for leather, but whenever I have enough money I'm thinking of swapping the cream interior with a black leather seats from the SE (probably from a accident repair centre offering spares), it will improve the interior so much.
Also the cream isn't exactly cream anymore, thanks to my clothes!

It's quicker and more powerful than the equivalent 3 series too.

It looks better. Great front end.

Good economy; I achieve 35MPG all the way to 45MPG on a good run.

Bad Points:

The fact it doesn't have leather and the 6th gear is useless (has no power due to turbo lag until around 75MPH/1,800rpm) and at that speed, my speedo is turning orange saying I'm speeding.

An E90 does feel better to drive. I reckon it's the light steering. However my Lexus is much more comfortable, but doesn't feel all that sporty.

Equivalent BMW holds its value better.

The rear is rather cramped - car for 4 large adults i think - although it does have a big boot/trunk.

If I was reviewing my own car I'd give it a 8.5/10.

Okay..I don't know how this uploading thing works but I think it worked on my iPhone. If not, I will log on the PC tomorrow and try again.

Last edited:
I think you guys are missing the point, he's 13yrs old so he can't even drive (or come close to spelling), so there's a 99% chance he doesn't own a Cougar. Even if he did, it'd be sitting in a shed collecting dust until he can drive, not at a shop getting an "oil leak" fixed. Somebody ludicrous claim that junk, make him fess up if he won't do it here.

It's in the ludicrous claim thread already.

My family has just ditched its Nissan X-Fail (I gave it that nickname because of everything that went wrong with it), and our new car is (drum roll please)...........

.........a 2011 Fiat Panda 1.2 MyLife!

That's right folks, a massive 89BHP engine, and 12-inch alloys and front electric windows!!

Seriously, as much as I love super high performance cars, it's a fantastic, fun little car. And I believe that the novelty of its 500 counterpart has now worn off, making the Panda slightly cooler. Not only that but....

...James May has one

Last edited:
Back