GTP Member's cars directory. What do you drive?

• Thread starter Avenger803
  • 4,035 comments

Do you like your car?

• My car is the best, much better than anyone else's!

Votes: 476 34.8%
  • Yep, it always starts, doesn't cost much, and I like it.

Votes: 564 41.3%
  • Well, it's kinda rusting, driving is kinda scary at times,doesn't look too good.

Votes: 68 5.0%
  • It's in the junkyard, or will be soon.

Votes: 13 1.0%
  • Car? what car?

Votes: 245 17.9%

• Total voters
When up shifting like a sane normal person the synchro rings are not working that hard. They are simply acting as a brake to bring the gear train to the same speed as the slider is spinning. It's down shifting that makes them work. Of course when speed ,and power, shifting all bets are off. You are hammering the synchros quite hard. It sure is fun though.

It's down shifting that makes them work.

On that note, that's the one time I've found double-clutching works the best for me, on downshifting.

And no, I'm neither normal, nor am I sane :sly:

Ultimately, I finally figured out that the reason I double clutch is because it keeps me entertained. Truth be told in heavy traffic I'll go back to normal shifting.

Last edited:
Well...
The si is no more, the new ride (drum roll please)...

2011 wrx sti 5 door white satin pearl

All I can say is wow!

^ Agreed.

Although I'd hate to have to keep that paint looking like that. Turtle Wax Black Box is your bestfriend.

I do love that 370z, great wheel combo to compliment it as well! Yet to see one in the uk actually :(.

Well, from when I last voted, I had no car, but now I have one.
1993 BMW 318is. Naturally aspirated, about 5,000 miles from 200,000.

But the 200,000 miles only adds onto the chassis, the shocks, engine, tires, and transmission, they're all new.

I now drive a 370Z I got free from Nissan. Gonna put some Nismo goodies on it later, though I'll have to pay for that.

This is the latest!

9w_800.jpg

cQ_800.jpg

After not having a car for a few months for the first time since my first car which was.... 2003 or 2004 I bought a new car today.

Just wanted a little run around, and my budget was $1000 ish. Very hard to find a nice car for that price, and every time one would come online it would be sold the next day. Anyway saw this on the side of the road, textd them and went and had a look. Was an old lady who had owned it for 14 years so it was nice and tidy despite having travelled 230+ k's.

It's a U12 Nissan Bluebird with Nissan's Attesa full time 4wd system! I didn't even know they came out with 4wd, there's a turbo model as well. Unfortunately mine has the worst engine you can get, its a carbureted CA18S. Should be nice and economical though.

I love the feeling of full time 4wd sedans, they feel really secure on corners. It's a far cry from my last 4wd sedan which was a STI WRX but I like it :)

:lol: Yea I don't have access to my camera atm...

Hahaha.. I feel like I'm watching them make love with eachother or somthin, thanks to the music. :P I think we got those, but under a different name & likely no or a very rare 4wd edition. (I'm too lazy to try & remember what they're called here atm tho :dopey:)

:lol: Yea I don't have access to my camera atm, here you go :)

That's the Stanza here in the US. My aunt's first car when she emigrated here from the Philippines. Her's was a wagon with FWD. She since traded it for a 1995 Toyota Previa LE w/ Supercharger, which I'm acquiring from her next month.

:)2011.5 Boss 302 in orange its parked for the winter and in pieces as i'm modding a few things on it some will hate me for it but i'm going to put forced induction on it and the roll bar will be added like in the LS edition as i do not use a backseat and plan on tracking the car next summer some other things i plan on adding are Headers a full 2.75 inch side exit exhaust lightweight poly windows a fire suppression system and a full interior strip to drop some excess fat from the car and i plan on keeping all of the stock components so if i want to sell it in the future i can convert it back to be in stock form. This spring when it comes to life i'll post video of the car in action testing and tuning and i'll get some race footage from my first trip to B.I.R. not the drag strip but the road course...... AND YES I WANT THIS CAR IN GT5 along with B.I.R. Race track and the drag strip for the drag nuts out there

:)2011.5 Boss 302 in orange its parked for the winter and in pieces as i'm modding a few things on it some will hate me for it but i'm going to put forced induction on it and the roll bar will be added like in the LS edition as i do not use a backseat and plan on tracking the car next summer some other things i plan on adding are Headers a full 2.75 inch side exit exhaust lightweight poly windows a fire suppression system and a full interior strip to drop some excess fat from the car and i plan on keeping all of the stock components so if i want to sell it in the future i can convert it back to be in stock form. This spring when it comes to life i'll post video of the car in action testing and tuning and i'll get some race footage from my first trip to B.I.R. not the drag strip but the road course...... AND YES I WANT THIS CAR IN GT5 along with B.I.R. Race track and the drag strip for the drag nuts out there

Pics?

My wife has a 2000 Mazda Protege ES. It's practical, dirt cheap, and not bad to drive.

I have a 2001 Miata LS that deserves better treatment that it's been given. It sees all seasons and it's starting to show. I have a new canvas top that I need to install. I need to find a friend who's willing to let me take over his garage for a weekend.

In a few days we're adding a 2005 Acura TSX 6 speed with super low miles. I didn't think I'd be excited for a FWD, but I'm very impressed with the vehicle's dynamics, build quality, and comfort/luxury. It'll be a great road trip car. Our existing vehicles can get pretty noisy because The Protege is cheap and the Miata is a Miata.

Having a third vehicle will finally give me the flexibility to perform longer term work and upgrades on my Miata.

I'll post pics eventually right now the car is just torn down i haven't had much time to get to work on it work has me working 12 hour days 6 days a week i am taking pics to document the build and also a video log the car is also going to get a meth kit to help with performance and keeping cool I will be running it in some NASA and SCCA events this year in the upper Midwest region i'm thinking about 6-7 races this year and next year running it full time and put my dirt track escapades to rest

96 MX-5. 300lbs lighter than stock (2,020 lbs w/ full tank). I/H/E, Tein Flex, half-cage, hardtop, 14" RPF1's and Star Specs for summer. Needs a wire tuck in the worst way, a full rollcage, turbo, 2 racing seats, a painted interior floor, black spark plug wires, etc...

304255_1926762654425_1402947049_31732239_4800230_n.jpg

387588_2393263676659_1402947049_32006766_1715259950_n.jpg

386537_2434282662108_1402947049_32021282_529494241_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back