GTP Nascar Nationwide Preseason Thread | Spurgy wins on rims!

• Thread starter Müle
  • 725 comments

What will we do for round 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming out of the pits the second time with iforce, we were 17 seconds behind the 1 stoppers.
There was also 4 other 1 stoppers that me and iforce had to pass and did successfully.
We also had to maintain our almost less than 2 second lead over Niop and Mule and Chqr and the rest while gradually catching up to the leaders.
On the final lap, we caught the names of Nater and Litchi, we both passed Nater at turn 3 and we both passed Litchi at turn 4 who both were very low on tires.
But iforce got a huge run and I couldn't stay close to him to try for the overtake :(
Was a great race

That was some fun racing! And one wreck isn't too bad considering it's our first race with these specs and many drivers that are unfamiliar with each other.

itsvanilla, Mule, Kartman, Chqr, great working with you guys. We almost made it there.

Iforce, congrats on the win.

My fastest laps of the race came when I was being pushed by Niop, and then by gokartman. 33.9's were amazing.

I think everyone who raced today who wants a seat for Nationwide, can get one easily. gokartman, Owens, Fraiser and especially iforce did very well in their first ever race.

MÜLE_9242;7375264
My fastest laps of the race came when I was being pushed by Niop, and then by gokartman. 33.9's were amazing.

I think everyone who raced today who wants a seat for Nationwide, can get one easily. gokartman, Owens, Fraiser and especially iforce did very well in their first ever race.

yay, i got a mention :D. i never pushed someone like that before. thankyou for being patient with me, i know im not the best pusher :P

I thought bump drafting was going to be prohibited in NW, but meh, I'll guess it helps newcomers to get used to how they race in SC.

You gave me the same times as the 2-time reigning Sprint Cup Champ, plus you qualified outside pole. You did a great job.

Carb, that'll just be for Indy. You have to let off in turn 3 at Motegi, as you can't take it flat out.

Looks just like a chain if events leading to it. Hard to blame anyone for that it seems.

Was that Owen with the three screen view? Nice ...

Yea triples. I'll do a video of the wreck with all three in frame as well a cockpit view. ;)

MÜLE_9242;7375317
You gave me the same times as the 2-time reigning Sprint Cup Champ, plus you qualified outside pole. You did a great job.

Carb, that'll just be for Indy. You have to let off in turn 3 at Motegi, as you can't take it flat out.

yay thankyou :D. one of my best oval races so far :D

my strategy must have been horrible, I think because I pitted by myself and spent so much time alone on track that that is where I lost all my time. I had an incident free race, pitted twice, was doing 34.6s on my own and better in the draft, but I still finished behind the people who crashed.

first NASCAR race was fun though, ran as high as third, kept out of trouble, good learning experience, now I know I have to work on strategy.

my strategy must have been horrible, I think because I pitted by myself and spent so much time alone on track that that is where I lost all my time. I had an incident free race, pitted twice, was doing 34.6s on my own and better in the draft, but I still finished behind the people who crashed.

first NASCAR race was fun though, ran as high as third, kept out of trouble, good learning experience, now I know I have to work on strategy.

As you saw it doesn't matter how fast your car is if you don't have the right strategy. Strategy is almost more important than your setup.

That is awesome dude, I can hardly imagine what it's like racing with that. When I win the lottery....:lol:

1. I had to leave as I had to go out. Had I not left I likely would have finished around 9th-12th. Didn't have that good of a setup as the moment before I would have left the qualifying session to adjust my aerodynamics, qualifying was over.

2. Very fun racing for as long as I was in the race. I enjoyed it and am hoping to be part of a team this season. Like I said, the first and sixth races I will not make, but otherwise I will be perfectly fine with the schedule.

So yeah, I had a ton of enjoyment and will be a part of this series, hopefully as a main driver, but I can tolerate being a reserve.

And isn't the GTP NASCAR draft supposed to be tonight?

1. I had to leave as I had to go out. Had I not left I likely would have finished around 9th-12th. Didn't have that good of a setup as the moment before I would have left the qualifying session to adjust my aerodynamics, qualifying was over.

2. Very fun racing for as long as I was in the race. I enjoyed it and am hoping to be part of a team this season. Like I said, the first and sixth races I will not make, but otherwise I will be perfectly fine with the schedule.

So yeah, I had a ton of enjoyment and will be a part of this series, hopefully as a main driver, but I can tolerate being a reserve.

And isn't the GTP NASCAR draft supposed to be tonight?

Within the hour, they are finishing Indy soon I reckon.

I thought bump drafting was going to be prohibited in NW, but meh, I'll guess it helps newcomers to get used to how they race in SC.

If bumpdrafting is not allowed in Nationwide, I'll take a seat in Sprint cup for the full season and i'll not race in any Nationwide race.

If bumpdrafting is not allowed in Nationwide, I'll take a seat in Sprint cup for the full season and i'll not race in any Nationwide race.

You should be running Sprint Cup, no matter what. You ran great today.

Wait what? :crazy:

Bump-drafting's banned? How on earth is rule going to be enforced? What difference is it going to make as slip-streaming will still cause wrecks with people changing lanes at stupid times and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back