GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see your point there carbon. I have a hard enough time staying up past midnight. Better yet 3am your time.

Guys, I have had a fabulous time racing with everyone in this league for the past year. This is truly one of the greatest and most well-organized leagues around. However, I have made a personal decision to finally take my Sim Racing craft to the next level on iRacing, and I will be officially retiring from Console Racing at the end of my school semester in mid May. I feel like its a move that makes the most sense for my future and now is the best time for me to do it, and lately Saturdays just haven't worked for me. I would like to retain a managerial position at JGR until the end of the season and I will continue to assist our drivers until I depart in May. If anyone at JGR has any questions PLEASE contact me as I plan on gradually shifting ownership to one of our team members.

MStall, it's been great racing with you here on GT5, and I wish you the best on the next level. But you'll still find some of us on iRacing. Myself, ACDC, Homeslice, and Dexter all race on there. I hope to see you on the track. 👍

Time for this to get a bump.

I've been looking back over the replay for the Nationwide race to get an idea of where everyone's setups are at (me and cowboys were the best at preserving tyres, though tyres wont be an issue. The more grip a tyre has, the higher your top speed is, though not by much). I'm currently checking the fuel usage so I can work out how it'll be in this race.

I may also have to slow my setup down by a tiny bit more, due to the issue I mentioned when testing for Nationwide. The front end would lift off the ground and bounce up and down on and off the tyres when you got past a certain speed in the corners. It was originally 200mph, but I slowed the setup down and made it so it only occured from 217mph onwards. With us getting speeds of around 210-215mph in the Nationwide race, I may have to take it further so that we don't get the issue in the sprint cup race.

My educated guess is fuel will burn faster than tires, so with that being said tire saving may not be an issue as much as how much to fill up at each pitstop efficiently to get you out of the pits and back into a draft pack will be. I can see this being more of a mpg war with many drivers being stranded very unhappily :(

My educated guess is fuel will burn faster than tires, so with that being said tire saving may not be an issue as much as how much to fill up at each pitstop efficiently to get you out of the pits and back into a draft pack will be. I can see this being more of a mpg war with many drivers being stranded very unhappily :(

Yeah that's how I think it will be. I only mentioned tyre wear since we're going faster than the NW cars and on less grippy tyres, so there may possibly be a little sliding near the end of a long fuel run despite the tyres being in better condition than in NW. In Nationwide some people had used close to 3/4 of their rear tyres when they pitted after 7 laps, while others hadn't even used half.

Last edited:
Want to do a fuel run/test before IndyCar on Friday Joe?

Not sure right now. We'd need a line of 4 or 5 cars all pushing to do the kind of tests I want to, as well as having one car saving fuel behind them all.

I don't really want to give another team an advantage by letting them practice with a good number of cars too, so I think we'll probably be better off just working from the Nationwide race. I've collected nearly all the needed NW data. I just need to run some solo laps in NW and SC spec to be able to work out the fuel usage and the speeds we'll be hitting.

Once I've done that I'll adjust the setup to avoid having the front bounce up and down in the corners at high speed (will be tested with full bhp).

EDIT: Apparently I never wrote down my SSRX setup.

EDIT 2: But I did leave it on the car. :)

Last edited:
As of right now, everything is still looking good for running the 600 on Saturday. My wife hasn't gone into labor yet, but she's definitely at the point where it could start at any minute. My guess is that as soon as we go green, she's going to yell "GET IN THE CAR, WE HAVE TO GO!" :ouch:

Just so we're all on the same page, if she does go into labor after the race has started, you will not automatically receive 3rd place at the end of the race. :sly:

Mudd
Just so we're all on the same page, if she does go into labor after the race has started, you will not automatically receive 3rd place at the end of the race. :sly:

Surely you guys could award a race victory for the birth of my son. :mischievous:

"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley!". ~Leslie Neilsen

I just couldn't resist. :D

Only if he's born during the race, at home, while you shout with encouragement from behind your wheel 'come on love, push, you can do it' :D

Knelly
Only if he's born during the race, at home, while you shout with encouragement from behind your wheel 'come on love, push, you can do it' :D

Is it ok with everyone else if she kills me AND Knelly?

You think you're fast at SSRX? Last night I was lag bumped to 294 MPH :scared:
It wasn't lag, I just wanted to see what would happen if I used all of my Hendrick power while pushing you. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back