GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Niop
I've got incompatibility with room host as well. I just reset everything and cleared my catch so I don't know what the deal is.

I still can't get in. Perhaps it's drops problem?

Drop had NAT type failed. He's reset and it should be ok now. Just waiting for the new room to go up.

Yea, racing that long and staying clean isn't hard enough, let's have a bunch of lap cars back off and cluster it up enough to ruin everyone's day...oh, except for one person, hope enjoyed that 🤬 race...I'd like the last three 🤬 hours of my life back.

Damn my oil was black.

Good strategy and win Drop.

Should put you top of the table.

I'm happy with a 2-3-4 hendrick finish! We might even won for team points tonite! Eitherway mudd, we need to thank the cooperation of acdc, drop n nater on our strategy. It would have been a tougher race without. Plus we knew the last set of turns for the race end was up for grabs. We are also lucky no wrecks like that happened to us earlier on. We got lucky enough when ACDC spun to secure us no less than 4th place. Overall, this was my best showing under ownership for this season. Made a solid deal and the deal went down as planned. We knew we would finish anywhere from 1-6 with no gaurantees. And who knows how well drop will do once his kid is born. I'm pretty sure for the next month following his game will be more than a little off ;)

3 hours to get a disappointing 8th was a bit annoying. Ford and SGR got screwed over by no fault of their own.

Ah well, All Star Race next week, should be fun.

I'm sorry, but I'm not happy. If I had finished 4th after battling like heck against the three of you then I would be. Getting wrecked by lapped cars on the last corner of a crazy long race just plain 🤬 me off. I know the lap traffic had no intention of causing a wreck, but that is what happened. A bunch of lap cars came back through the field and inadvertently wrecked the race for several guys who were battling for the lead. It could have been an epic battle between the four of us: one proven winner and three guys starving for a win, but instead, drop just casually goose-steps across the finish line with the rest of us limping along with damage. "Nice win" my arse. I spent two and half hours feeling like 🤬 because I stabbed a bunch of buddies in the back by keeping them out of the loop, only to get the knife in my own back at the end. Not enjoyable to me, not the kind of racing I'm interested in.

TomMcD
3 hours to get a disappointing 8th was a bit annoying. Ford and SGR got screwed over by no fault of their own.

Ah well, All Star Race next week, should be fun.

Oh great, now I've got at least 2 people "annoyed" at me. Bad enough that I finished 11th after making a mistake that anyone else could have easily made.

Oh well. I was due to choke anytime now.

MÜLE_9242;7025804
Oh great, now I've got at least 2 people "annoyed" at me. Bad enough that I finished 11th after making a mistake that anyone else could have easily made.

Oh well. I was due to choke anytime now.

I'm not annoyed at you man, don't worry 👍

Just saying that it wasn't really our fault we got hung out to dry, there was little we could have done.

I'm not annoyed at you man, don't worry 👍

Just saying that it wasn't really our fault we got hung out to dry, there was little we could have done.

After me and Mule lost it, I saw you guys get into another wreck (them spinning triangles) :sly:
What happened?

After me and Mule lost it, I saw you guys get into another wreck (them spinning triangles) :sly:
What happened?

Ford and SGR were pushing hard to catch the pack and in turn 1, I think we got a bit bunched up and I ended up clipping Knelly's left rear.

Yeah, it's tough when half the field plans to work together. That leaves 3 2-car teams on their own to scramble and figure it out as they go. But I guess that's racing. You live you learn.

SGR's day went ok considering the circumstances and events than happened. Salvaged a 6-7 finish. Thanks to Ford and Redbull for working with us, we almost had 'em.

Knelly, good driving while catching the Ford guys after our indecent. And I'm glad you couldn't hear me when I was telling you to pit. It worked out better. 👍

Yeah, it's tough when half the field plans to work together. That leaves 3 2-car teams on their own to scramble and figure it out as they go. But I guess that's racing. You live you learn.

SGR's day went ok considering the circumstances and events than happened. Salvaged a 6-7 finish. Thanks to Ford and Redbull for working with us, we almost had 'em.

Yeah I suppose that's just how it pans out sometimes. Same to you man, pleasure to run with you and Knelly as usual 👍

I think the loose setups of SGR and Redbull may have been a factor in the wrecks. I noticed the back ends of you guys getting really loose in the turns. I know you run faster if you're set up like that and that helped you catch us back up, but I'm pleased I decided to tighten Ford up.

Before the wrecks I was within 1 second of getting the leader's draft, which would mean I was about half a second away from the draft of the guy at the back of their pack.

Well, that's the last time any of you need to worry about this driver striking any kind of 'deal' like that. It's just low down dirty racing in my book, and I don't like how I felt while doing it. I'm a team player, and my team mates know exactly how far I will go to help them out over another during a race. I don't see Kyle or Jimmie making those kind of 'deals' trying to get their wins, so that's not how I'll be getting mine. If the rest of the SC drivers enjoy racing that way, then they can go ahead and enjoy their hollow victories. I'll be earning my own finishing positions, regardless of how far back they are.

Man that hurts. To think we were that close and finished 2 whole minutes down.

Yeah, we were 2.5 behind the leader either at the start of the lap or at the top of the hill. The draft starts somewhere between 1.4 and 1.5 seconds behind someone and the guy at the back of their pack would have been about half a second behind the leader, so I would have been about 2.0 behind him at that moment.

Just watching the replay

After me and Mule had our incident,
the very lap after that in very same fashion at pretty much the exact same spot on the track, Niop and Knelly had their incident also XD
Just trying to be a little agressive pushing on the turns because the other group was just 1 second away.
If we never did get into any incidents...maybe Drop finishes in 7th instead of 1st o.O

DrifterJoe
I think the loose setups of SGR and Redbull may have been a factor in the wrecks. I noticed the back ends of you guys getting really loose in the turns. I know you run faster if you're set up like that and that helped you catch us back up, but I'm pleased I decided to tighten Ford up.

Before the wrecks I was within 1 second of getting the leader's draft, which would mean I was about half a second away from the draft of the guy at the back of their pack.

My setup was actually perfect after I tweaked it after the quali race. I just completely screwed up and spun Partyhat by mistake.

Our setups at SGR were pretty loose, but in that particular incident I don't think it was the cause. It was just me trying to get back in line at the same time Knelly got a bump from behind. I just caught his front end. But the next time we come to SSRX I will probably add some stability to the car.

Well, that's the last time any of you need to worry about this driver striking any kind of 'deal' like that. It's just low down dirty racing in my book, and I don't like how I felt while doing it. I'm a team player, and my team mates know exactly how far I will go to help them out over another during a race. I don't see Kyle or Jimmie making those kind of 'deals' trying to get their wins, so that's not how I'll be getting mine. If the rest of the SC drivers enjoy racing that way, then they can go ahead and enjoy their hollow victories. I'll be earning my own finishing positions, regardless of how far back they are.
I don't blame you guys for making that 'deal', you guys were just doing what you thought was best and would secure a solid finish.

Even though the race seems to have created mixed feelings, congratulations to HMS for their strong race. 👍

Now that the unnecessarily long race is over, I can begin looking for a wildcard seat again... ;)

EDIT: Joe, PM sent. 50/50 if I can make this.

Last edited:
Every man for themselves in this week. Can't wait for the mayhem. :D

Be a nice release to drive with these guys, hard, and not have to worry about points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back