• 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
fa5xt5.png

1. Season 3 GTP Sprint Cup champion - RFLX_Niop - CLAIMS HMS - 4 car team
2. 2nd place in Chase points - JoeOfTheFire - PASSES
3. 3rd place in Chase points - Droptop2001gt - AUTOMATIC PASS
4. 4th place in Chase points - Knelly - PASSES, Signs with HMS
5. 5th place in Chase points - MULE_9242 - CLAIMS FORD - 3 car team, Signs Joe and Drop to drive for Ford
6. 6th place in Chase points - TomMcD - PASSES, signs with HMS
7. 7th place in Chase points - ACDCROCKS123 - AUTOMATIC PASS
8. 8th place in Chase points - dowhat13 - AUTOMATIC PASS
9. Nationwide Series Champion - TRYNOR88 - PASSES, Signs with HMS's NW team
10. 2nd place in NW points - Carbonox - CLAIMS JGR - 3 car team
11. 3rd place in NW points - Nater_Racing21 - PASSES
12. 9th place in SC points - RedPartyHat - ON THE CLOCK
13. 10th place in SC points - Furinkazen
14. 11th place in SC points - MattyMc1996
15. 12th place in SC points - Mudd
16. 4th place in NW points - D4LVY_
17. 5th place in NW points - GTP_Litchi

Hendrick Motorsports: CLAIMED
2010 #24 -
2011 #24 -
2011 #48 -
2011 #88 - RFLX_Niop (team owner)
Signed drivers: Knelly, TomMcD

Ford Racing: CLAIMED
2010 #43 - JoeOfTheFire
2011 #43 - Droptop2001gt
2011 #99 - MULE_9242 (team owner)

Joe Gibbs Racing: CLAIMED
2011 #11 -
2011 #18 -
2011 #20 -
Carbonox (Team Owner)

Red Bull Racing: AVAILABLE
2010 #83 -
2011 #83 -

Stewart-Ganassi Racing: AVAILABLE
2011 #14 -
2011 #42 -

Next to pick:

RedPartyHat
Furi
Matty
Mudd
D4LVY_
GTP_Litchi

Really need RPH to do something before I commit to anything.

I too have to wait for RPH to make his decision before I can 👍

My head is hurting with all this...

Remember guys I have form when I passed team ownership last year...

I have a deal sorted but just need to know what RPH is going for.

In the amount of time it's taking him to check in, we should probaly all have deals and announcements to be made. Wasn't it Knelly that pulled this stunt last draft? (made us all wait a whole day). I believe we all agreed to punish him ruthlessly in the first exhibition race, does that stand in this case as well? :sly:

Tree'd edit. And I didn't even quote him. No wonder Drop wins so many races

I gotta say, I really didn't expect it to unfold like this. All the veterans and serious Championship contenders seem to be all grouped together between two teams. It may be difficult to fill the remaining slots as drivers look over the teams so far. You may have been better off waiting for the team owners to be decided before announcing the actual teams. The deck seems to be a little stacked.

Just so you know, this is something I'm looking to fix for next season.

I'm going to provide some decent base tunes so that everyone has something to work with for each race. I'm also going to provide some basic race information, so that most drivers will be better informed about how to plan their race strategy. Look for it here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7378740#post7378740

MustangRyan
Just so you know, this is something I'm looking to fix for next season.

I'm going to provide some decent base tunes so that everyone has something to work with for each race. I'm also going to provide some basic race information, so that most drivers will be better informed about how to plan their race strategy. Look for it here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7378740#post7378740

That's sounds good, but I think I overreacted a bit with my comments. I got frustrated just because a couple 'superteams' had formed before I even had a chance to talk to anyone. (being on injury leave and heavily medicated didn't help). I really don't see anything wrong with how it's panning out, this really is what we should be expecting. Niop actually threw us for a loop last season by "handicapping" himself (not by choosing Knelly, just by picking a 2 car team). We shouldn't expect him to do the same again, and I really think he's probaly got a bit of a surprise planned for us anyway. Having the two stronger teams is a normal thing IRL, and it just gives the rest of us all the more reason to practice together more.

That's sounds good, but I think I overreacted a bit with my comments. I got frustrated just because a couple 'superteams' had formed before I even had a chance to talk to anyone. (being on injury leave and heavily medicated didn't help). I really don't see anything wrong with how it's panning out, this really is what we should be expecting. Niop actually threw us for a loop last season by "handicapping" himself (not by choosing Knelly, just by picking a 2 car team). We shouldn't expect him to do the same again, and I really think he's probaly got a bit of a surprise planned for us anyway. Having the two stronger teams is a normal thing IRL, and it just gives the rest of us all the more reason to practice together more.

This situation brought something to my mind, we could probably have a rule from next season onwards that no more than two drivers from the previous season's Chase could be in one team. I know this might get opposition from some, but thinking about it, it should even things up.

Knelly

:lol: Yea, felt like being nice for a minute there. Not sure what came over me, must be the pain medicine getting to me. :D:

I still agree with your original point. Having super-teams probably does discourage some people. However, prospective drivers should really take note. Tom was a relative unknown in our NASCAR group at the beginning of this season. He ran as the #2 on a two-car team, performed quite admirably, and is now considered part of the elite HMS team. Carb parlayed a runner-up position in the Nationwide series into ownership of the second largest team in the Sprint Cup. Being on a smaller team or in the Nationwide series might seem disadvantageous, but it can be a springboard for capable drivers that are willing to work their way up.

After what I saw from RedPartyHat at Indy, I fully expect that Season 4 will be a breakthrough season for him. I expect big things from Carb and Litchi, but I don't think that will surprise as many people. Season 5's "super team" might consist of a lot of drivers that still aren't even on a team yet, or are about to get started in NW.

Don't go too far with your expectations Drop, I seem to consistently be doomed to finish outside the top 5 in SC races. :nervous:

Don't go too far with your expectations Drop, I seem to consistently be doomed to finish outside the top 5 in SC races. :nervous:
I have a feeling you're going to win at least one race this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back