GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup S4 Champs: Akmuq, Hendrick, Chevrolet

• Thread starter Niop
  • 3,170 comments
If this points race is run next weekend, I'll still need you to race for me, as I'll be at the Charlotte Chase race next Saturday night.

If we run the Suzuka East race today, and run the All-Star race next weekend as scheduled, I will just skip the All-Star race.

okay, I see now :).

Also, just got into the NW room. it looks like we're back on

To my surprise I did a 48.397 on a hot lap, despite a depressing start to the tests I finally seem to have got to the grip. Might even get good enough tire wear for the 2 stopper.

Anyway, as for next season's plans, I will certainly not become a team owner again. My ideal place would be in a 3 or 4 car team with an owner and teammates who know what they're doing, and would remain active for the whole season. Setups and strategies would be given for each race and it would overall feel just like a real life NASCAR team.

You see what happens to me when I make a move to lead a team but lose my originally planned teammate to Niop in a deal that I was never informed about until the draft, and then recruit 2 new, promising drivers only to have both literally jump out, forcing me to constantly find NW drivers - sometimes from outside my camp - who aren't always available, and don't always get the highest results thanks to lack of SC experience. When **** like that happens, anyone would get on the brink of quitting. So no more team leading for me, ever again.

I haven't been able to join any lobbies tonight, I have postponed All Star. I'm going playing FIFA now and hope I can join later if race stays on as scheduled.

There's still an hour and a half until the lobby will open. I suggest that you guys race, but if the server takes a crap before halfway through the race, postpone the event.

Race, and if we get over 50% through and something happens, half points.

>Half Points
>Nascar

pick one

EDIT: Since Drop isn't here, I'll send a PM to the other Team Owners.

NASCAR is the sanctioning body for the Sprint Cup series.

A nascar is a slang term synonymous with the type of car used in NASCAR, a stock car (which isn't actually stock since it's a tubeframe chassis hence why people call them nascars instead)

;)

Shall we save the stress and postpone, giving PD time to fix the servers properly?

I would agree with this as I just got FIFA 13 :lol:

Furi and RPH posted in the thread, Niop and Carb replied to my PM.

Looks like we'll at least try to run it today.

MÜLE_9242
>Half Points
>Nascar

pick one

EDIT: Since Drop isn't here, I'll send a PM to the other Team Owners.

I can still read and post from my phone. :)

If it's as bad as the NW thread makes it sound, postpone the race. We're not going to have everyone guessing when the race might end due to disconnections. Suzuka East can be run next weekend, and the NW race from today can be contested properly next weekend.

I think this is one of those situations where no matter what happens, someone's gonna be unhappy. :/

I say postpone, best to get a certain full race in next week instead of being screwed over mid race.

I can still read and post from my phone. :)

If it's as bad as the NW thread makes it sound, postpone the race. We're not going to have everyone guessing when the race might end due to disconnections. Suzuka East can be run next weekend, and the NW race from today can be contested properly next weekend.

We were disconnected when the room was reset from practice to quali, and the halfway through the race.

smuffyatfcp
We were disconnected when the room was reset from practice to quali, and the halfway through the race.

Same happened to IndyCar last night; we had to reset the room like three times because everybody was black screening and then the room just collapsed. I, the host, DC'ed with some lobby error message mid race which is unusual as I've never DC'ed on my wired connection before.

I'd prefer to postpone. Hopefully PD can fix this within a week, or the issue dies down by itself by then. Right now it's just a bit too unpredictable with the room joining errors, additional black screens, and mass disconnections.

We had the mass disconnection during IndyCar qualifying last night (as well as several black screens when leaving the pits), and we were lucky to not have it happen to us all in the race (only Tom got disconnected in the race because of the issue). I've also had these disconnections at least 5 other times since I first experienced one in TOCA testing.

How about we race this week, if it disconnects, then it doesn't count and we race again next week.
Instead of just doing nothing this week and just racing next week?...

Guys, it's worth a try. If the race goes past halfway without the server exploding then it should be official.

268 error is gone, but the lobby is still loading very slowly.

I honestly don't know what I want to do. I'm fine either way. I guess we'll see in an hour.

Stormtrooper217
Guys, it's worth a try. If the race goes past halfway without the server exploding then it should be official.

I'd rather have a certain full race than wasting my time personally.

What Joe said.

I'll repeat,
we TRY this week, if it DCs, then race gets postponed until next week. Why are we wasting this week? I don't know.

Back