GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup S4 Champs: Akmuq, Hendrick, Chevrolet

• Thread starter Niop
  • 3,170 comments
^^^
Yep, fuel conservers will only be at SSRX.
And there may be a little more fuel conserving at Daytona but I doubt that it will be the smartest tactic in any Daytona race. I doubt it will be a huge snoozefest where the pack is running slower then the qualifying times in a desperate attempt to save a few liters of fuel. And even if a majority of the drivers are fuel conserving, it leads to less wrecks which I'm sure Carb will love :D

As for Motegi and Indy, if you guys want to conserve fuel then go right ahead! Just make room for me and Matty to get to the front and I promise you guys can conserve fuel all you want behind us :D

So I'm guessing it comes down to
A) Meds on ovals and roads
B) Meds on ovals, hards on roads
C) We do the sports hard soft tires where little testing has been done.

Last edited:
I'm back from my Florida vacation.

So I see that HSR is the next track on the schedule? Sounds good for me, since it is one of my better tracks. Anyone need me this weekend? I'll be pleased to race this weekend.

Great, just great... Suzuka East is one of my weakest tracks.

I got confused since I focused so much on HSR that I kept thinking it would be the next race on the schedule. That sucks.

Sports Soft would be a good tire to use for all tracks. Though I see a lot of frustration over the lack of grip, it allows for more realism and increases the challenge.

Great, just great... Suzuka East is one of my weakest tracks.

I got confused since I focused so much on HSR that I kept thinking it would be the next race on the schedule. That sucks.

Sports Soft would be a good tire to use for all tracks. Though I see a lot of frustration over the lack of grip, it allows for more realism and increases the challenge.

Running a treaded street tire does not increase realism in any way.

Don't think if it as being a street tire. Before 2.08, it was essentially the Racing Super Hard from GT4. Slightly less grip and slightly less wear.

Now, it has roughly the same wear as the Mediums, without making the cars feel like they're on rails. Far more realistic, if you ask me.

Had a practice earlier with RPH and Matty, got down to a 47.9 :) mediums don't seem too grippy, the car still slides around quite a bit, but as far as strategy goes, not too interesting, 2 stop should be easy, 1 stop might be possible, but I doubt it will be worth it.

So if it's a definite 2 stop for everyone on Mediums, why not just make it a definite 1 stop for everyone on Hards. Exactly the same lack of strategy with both sets!

Same. I think changing mid season is pointless.

Going to a medium tire isn't me trying to change something mid-season; it's about trying to keep the desired number of pit stops closer to what it would have been like before the tire update was put in place. Leaving hard tires in place would actually be a bigger change with respect to in-race strategy, as tire life would essentially double. The change to medium tires is about trying to minimize the effect the tire update has on our races.

Had a practice earlier with RPH and Matty, got down to a 47.9 :) mediums don't seem too grippy, the car still slides around quite a bit, but as far as strategy goes, not too interesting, 2 stop should be easy, 1 stop might be possible, but I doubt it will be worth it.

I got down to a 49.0, then I started running in the 50 second range, and that's when I didn't hit the curbs and spin. Car was always too tight out.

Well, no racing for me this weekend. Can't enter a single lobby due to connection issues. 👎

EDIT: Some sort of issues are going on with GT5's servers. Hoping that the servers get back up soon. I should make it if the servers get back up.

Last edited:
Might not be racing at all today if GT5 doesn't fix this server bug in time.

MÜLE_9242;7685612
Might not be racing at all today if GT5 doesn't fix this server bug in time.

If the servers don't allow for people to hold a stable connection, we can push this race off to next week. I'll let you guys make that decision, as I'm at work today, and will probably be here most of the afternoon into tonight. 👎

I definitely want to grab Kartman on this track because of how good he's on road courses <3
He's filling in for Drop. ;)

So it's known now, I'll be taking 2/3 points from gokartman for tonight's race.

I would rather this race run today, as I stand to make more points getting 2/3 points from gokartman than I would getting 4/3 points from myself. :lol:

So it's known now, I'll be taking 2/3 points from gokartman for tonight's race.

I would rather this race run today, as I stand to make more points getting 2/3 points from gokartman than I would getting 4/3 points from myself. :lol:

But Sir, would you consider those points fully deserved? ;)

Doesn't look like Nationwide is happening.

I may have to postpone Suzuka east and make it the last race if Sprint Cup is able to go ahead, just to keep the schedules aligned.

I'm kinda hoping this doesn't happen because I'm unprepared, dislike the track and I'm quite busy this evening.

How likely is it looking to be called off?

TomMcD
I'm kinda hoping this doesn't happen because I'm unprepared, dislike the track and I'm quite busy this evening.

How likely is it looking to be called off?

PD basically have 5 hours to fix the problem.

No idea, frankly.

MÜLE_9242
PD basically have 5 hours to fix the problem.

No idea, frankly.

I've heard people have been getting the 'Lobby Error' message which was the reason I disconnected from IndyCar last night and we had a room completely die on us, DC'ing everybody, mid free practice.

Not looking good then.

gokartman78
If we race tonight, im in the #43.
If it's postponed, I'll be back in the #11 next week carb :)

If this points race is run next weekend, I'll still need you to race for me, as I'll be at the Charlotte Chase race next Saturday night.

If we run the Suzuka East race today, and run the All-Star race next weekend as scheduled, I will just skip the All-Star race.

Well I'm ready to race. Not saying I'll do any good but ready nonetheless. Was in my room earlier and that as fine. Haven't checked back since.

Would be good to know sooner rather than later whether going ahead though as could get in the good books by not racing!

Well I'm ready to race. Not saying I'll do any good but ready nonetheless. Was in my room earlier and that as fine. Haven't checked back since.

Would be good to know sooner rather than later whether going ahead though as could get in the good books by not racing!

It looks likely you'll be racing tonight, Nationwide are back online.

Edit: Maybe not...:P

Back