GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup S4 Champs: Akmuq, Hendrick, Chevrolet

• Thread starter Niop
  • 3,170 comments
Right, some testing, with the FAST fuel and tyre setting, the entire tank would deplete in 25 laps around Indy. RPH says fuel goes in twice as fast though, which would mean you could get over a quarter of a tank in for free. This will have to be tested.

An idea I had was to maybe run different specs throughout the season without changing the fuel use/tyre wear? 750-800BHP on Racing Hard or maybe Sports compounds would wear quite nicely at Indy and Motegi.

Daytona you're looking at Racing Softs for the old wear rates.

Route X, same as always.:P

Road courses are better without too many stops IMO.

Oh, any chance of a short course next season or something? Cape Inside or Autumn Ring Mini would be fun.:D

Honestly right now I don't even feel like racing anymore. I'm sure that will probably change but meh.

Going into the chase, I really didn't have any expectations. A long string of mediocre results from basically the 3rd race on. I only won Daytona because of a lucky lag bump, and only finished 2nd at SSRX because we missed the wreck. The constant fighting and bickering and dealing with Furi, as well as seeing Nationwide fall apart in front of me, and basically be accused if cheating all added up, and there were honestly plenty of times were I felt like not showing up. But I didn't want to let the team down, and I didn't want to see this go away after Tom and Drop quit, so I did.

Then I guess everyone knows what happened before the first chase race. The only reason I kept going after that was because I figured itd be better for me than just doing nothing. Just ride around and clear my head.

Then I won Motegi. That changed everything. At first, it felt like everything that happened before was over. I felt more relived than anything. Then I realized that I could actually win the whole thing, and on came the pressure again.

SSRX was a disaster. Botched pitstop led to more fighting, more bickering, turning people against me, etc. Back to where I was before. But I still felt I could win. I wasn't going to let Furi of all people ruin it for me.

Daytona was much better, result wise. Everything went to plan, everything happened that needed to happen. Except Carb and Furi still felt like they'd try to ruin it for me. So that didn't actually relieve anything, and I only put even more pressure on myself to win tonight.

By this point, I figured everyone would sooner see Akmuq win than me. None of the Toyotas liked me, Carb and Furi both very vocal about it. I pretty much assumed that It would be everyone against Ford today, and that's exactly what it was. Everyone on the other teams ended up working together against us at some point. But we still didn't let it affect us. Everything still went to plan. We were going to win.

Then Joe and I realized we didn't put enough fuel in.

Then I ran out with 2 to go.

Then I choked. My one chance at winning, gone just like that. I didn't think I could do it before the race. Then when the race was happened, I kept telling myself that I could. But, like usual, I let myself down. It's a really ****** feeling, to be honest.

Joe, kartman and Drop were the best teammates I could have asked for. If it wasn't for them, I probably wouldn't have even made the chase, let alone come within 2 laps of winning it. Drop especially taught me pretty much everything about figuring out fuel strategy; something I was terrible at in Season 3. I took his 400 numbers and halved it. But I was just 5 litres short. Owens and Dragon on the Nationwide side were also great. We used their setup today and it was awesome. I have no idea if they'll see this, or want to race at all next season, but I want to thank all 5 of you. We all did great.

^
Same here. I may not be the best but I think I can pull off some magic.

MULE, I have nothing against you. Coming into the race, my intention was to either get Carb or Nel the win, unless by some miracle you were in 6th place and Akmuq in 9th where I'd just go for the win and championship. It was the three of us vs everyone else. I never wanted to interfere with you or Akmuq, me, Carb, and Nel were going to run our race with the sole intention to win it. First lap you get into Gokart which in the end got Carb spun out where he rage quit (can't blame him) and got Nel damaged and he lost the draft, he eventually dced. Knelly spun out later

Now think about this, the lead pack consists of all three Fords, me, and your rival Akmuq. The second pack consists of Furi and Chris (who I don't really understand why they intentionally lost the draft) and Knelly. So do you think I should help you, who already has 2 other friends, or I should help Akmuq who is alone?

Then after first pits, it's me and Akmuq pushing and then Gokartman joins in. Then on lap 39, either because lag or because he decided to press the E-brake, he slams right into me and ruins my race. So yea.

Btw MULE, if it was the Niop, Knelly, Akmuq, Smuffy train vs. Just yourself, I'd probably be pushing you.

Last edited:
At the end, it really didn't matter. I was the one who put the wrong amount of fuel in. I was just basically giving a season summery. Not trying to make excuses or anything.

But in other news, Crazy_Bassist will be driving the #24 in Nationwide.

There's Red Bull and SGR that are both 3 car teams, Hendricks has two seats, JGR still has one seat. Who are going to fill these 9 spots?
Carb and Gokart have said they don't want to come back, Matty is Matty, that really only leaves Neljack and Akmuq who are still looking.

Well if it wasn't for Knelly I wasn't going to come back next season either and the last 3 races sum up why, I went from 3rd, 4/5 points off 1st all the way down to 7th behind pretty much everyone in the Chase through no fault of my own, with two bad races because of GKM's lag :(

@ mule.
We both had some 🤬 moments during this season but that shouldn't detract from the fact you did get second, you won the Daytona 500, and where the strongest across the bored much of the time.

No point talking about anything else from me as its not right to kick a man when he's down.

Season-wise, I never really had a chance. My poor Motegi runs screwed any chance I had of the chase, and bad luck screwed me up anywhere else. Not the greatest season, I know I can do better.

Last edited:
Not sure who the Team Owners are but if anyone wants me, send me a PM.

I am very flexible on times and/or which series.

There's Red Bull and SGR that are both 3 car teams, Hendricks has two seats, JGR still has one seat. Who are going to fill these 9 spots?
Carb and Gokart have said they don't want to come back, Matty is Matty, that really only leaves Neljack and Akmuq who are still looking.

Yeah what RPH said :dopey:

Just as a curious onlooker, can someone summarise the current draft/teams situation for me?

Just as a curious onlooker, can someone summarise the current draft/teams situation for me?

Mule, Furi and Carb in Team Love
Matty, Gokartman and me in Team Lag
Knelly, Spurgy and Joe in Team GB
neljack and Akmuq in Team Reject

:sly:

I have no idea too.

Mule is at henrick with 2 cars free, NW he has cray in the 24

RPH has taken joe gibbs, and so far he has niop, NW still empty.

Knelly has taken ford, with joe and spurgy as team GB and dave in NW

I think matty is still deciding on SGR or Redbull (I think he is avoiding the latter because he hates the car after 2 seasons in it :P )

When Matty has decided if he wants a team (he is still on the clock) then Owensracing (NW champ) gets to decide if he wants a team.

If there is one pass between those two, then 2nd place in NW (mustard) gets to chose if he wants a team.

Then if there is 2 passes between mustard, owens and matty, then Grinols gets a pick. However, with the post the other day, I have a feeling he wont be coming back.

Once the top 3 NW have been done, we move onto the best of the rest. Carb would get a pick (don't think he will), then Furi and then neljack. If it gets that far :lol:

Back