GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup S4 Champs: Akmuq, Hendrick, Chevrolet

• Thread starter Niop
  • 3,170 comments
You just said recently that Knelly put Dave in his NW car :dunce: And Smuffy as well BTW...

well so far there is dave and ken, and smuffy now. but thats only 20% of the field filled...also there is only 7 cars filled for a grid of 15 in this, which is still under 50%....

Just waiting on 1 PM now. Sorry for the hold up but even if I made my decision we would still be waiting on the next.

Right, so here's my proposed schedule for next season. Take it however you want.

1. Daytona 500*
2. Indianapolis 60 lapper
3. Laguna Seca (replacing Monza)
4. Motegi 300*
5. SSRX (Two 5 lap races, half points each)
6. Daytona 100 lapper
7. High Speed Ring
8. Indianapolis 400*
-----------------------
Chase:
9. Motegi
10. Suzuka East
11. SSRX (16 laps)
12. Daytona 80 lapper
13. Indy 80 lapper

Daytona and Indy have 3 races each, Motegi and SSRX have two races each. 3 road courses. 8 races to get into the chase, but 9 chances to win and take the wild card. SSRX 600 gets dropped, as nobody seemed to like that, but we still have a triple crown in the regular season, which can give a special prize for someone who wins all three.

I think this would suit everyone equally. Fit in the all-star race somewhere and you're set.

I quite like the Route X sprint races, but I think Motegi should be better represented since its (kinda) more similar to other Nascar tracks than Indy and Daytona.

I'd take one off Daytona and Indy each, and replace them with a Motegi and Cape Ring Inside. All in the regular season as well.

That's only my opinion though, but 3 road courses from 8 as I suggested may be a little too much.

Put a Motegi race instead of Laguna Seca. A little bit of shuffling yeah, but I would see that working alright.

I would prefer Spa or Suzuka if we have to lose Monza. Fast, sweeping and technical courses fit for these cars. My opinion that Seca isn't.

Also, just ovals in Chase as no road courses in real Chase.

I have a schedule I'll put up tomorrow, for comparison and discussion.

Good work putting it up Mule.

PS, I'm think myself, Mule and RPH to joint co host, with designated roles each???

Never heard of it.... Am on app now, can someone link me some information please? :)

I've made a decision. I will be passing. Don't knw if I'll drive either.

I sent Owens a PM on Saturday and haven't heard back from him. No idea. Mustard and Grinols both quit I think.

Last edited:
MÜLE_9242;8000861
I sent Owens a PM on Saturday and haven't heard back from him. I guess he doesn't want to come back. No idea. Mustard and Grinols both quit I think.

Grinols did, don't know about Mustard.

Mustard hasn't quit. Unless it has been since last night.

Furi, is there TOCA this week? Because this Saturday would be a better time than any to do some testing. I could host a big session that day, probably taking up the whole afternoon. (NW start to SC start)

MÜLE_9242;8000909
Furi, is there TOCA this week? Because this Saturday would be a better time than any to do some testing. I could host a big session that day, probably taking up the whole afternoon. (NW start to SC start)

Yeah its season opener... runs to 7pm to 9.30pm GMT. However there aren't too many TOCA drivers in SC now as I recall (Spurgy, Neljack, Gokartman, Chqr as I recall only one's in SC and TOCA).

I might join though for a test when done.

Got a reply from Owens and he said he wont have the time to race this season. So lets call that a pass on ownership.

gokartman78
there have been a few rumors that williow spring raceway will soon be making an appearance in gt5. having watched a few laps of it, it would appear to be quite fast and sweeping, as well as having some infinion like characteristics about it...

here is the where I heard it from... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=271981

When I first read Willow Springs, I thought of the old shut down short track near my hometown here in Illinois. It was the place to be in the 80s n 90s. Tony Stewart won a few stock car races there. But to bad no one even knows what I'm talking about, oh well.

When I first read Willow Springs, I thought of the old shut down short track near my hometown here in Illinois. It was the place to be in the 80s n 90s. Tony Stewart won a few stock car races there. But to bad no one even knows what I'm talking about, oh well.

lol that would have been wicked :lol:. How big was it?

Back