GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup S4 Champs: Akmuq, Hendrick, Chevrolet

• Thread starter Niop
  • 3,170 comments
Awesome work Akmuq. Made up for you. Unlucky Mule. Great you two got to battle for it.

My race was ruined by SGR, but happy with fourth.

Thanks everyone for this season! My team-mates Niop, Knelly and Smuffy, Furi for originally having me and RPH for helping me in that final race.

Last edited:
Happy my transaction didn't go through last night since you just won premium... :dopey: Depending on who or whatever does the prizes if still ongoing.

Anyway well done Akmuq. Unlucky everyone else.

Guys, this was sent to Niop but never answered as he was stepping down. We're settled on 3 car teams, here are some idea's I had.

Furinkazen
Right if I was in charge of SC this is what I would do...

Season is too long tbh, the S3 (think it was S3) 8 regular races + chase worked perfectly. SC IRL is 10 / 36 cup races - thats just under 30%

8 regular events, maybe 4/5 events for chase.

My schedule I would have:

Preseason Exhibition: - Bud Shootout @ Daytona International Speedway (50 laps)

01: Daytona 500 @ Daytona International Speedway (200 laps) - Grand Slam race
02: FedEx 150 @ SS Route X
03: Lowes 150 @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway (60 Laps)
04: Southern 300 @ Motegi Superspeedway (200 laps) Grand Slam race
NC: GTP Sprint All-Star Weekend @ Daytona International Speedway (20-lap NW qualifier, 30-lap Open Cup qualifier, 40-lap Main Event, 10-lap Finale)
05: Office Depot 100km @ Suzuka East (45 laps)
06: Coca Cola 600km @ SS Route X (20 laps) Grand Slam race
07: Best Buy 100 @ High Speed Ring (40 Laps)
08: Brickyard 400 @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway (160 Laps) - Grand Slam race

-------BEGIN CHASE FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP-------

09: Amp Energy 250 @ Daytona International Speedway (100 laps)
10: Toyota 200 @ Motegi Superspeedway (134 laps)
11: Allstate 150 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway (80 laps)
12: Ford EcoBoost 200 @ Daytona International Speedway (80 Laps)
13: Target 200 @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway (80 Laps)

Spec:

Daytona / SSRX: Medium tyres, 525hp (slight power increase, slight fuel use increase, still doesn't change too much)

All other tracks: Hard tyres 750hp perhaps???

SC needs a a refresh to get new blood going, I reckon this approach or something similar is what is needed.

Thoughts? Furi.

I think that you should add a road course on the schedule to replace the 2nd Daytona Chase race. Laguna Seca, perhaps?

I think that you should add a road course on the schedule to replace the 2nd Daytona Chase race. Laguna Seca, perhaps?

Maybe, it was alright in nationwide. Also I stand by the idea of allowing single car entries on occasion to fill out the field. Otherwise it become too much of a rigid team politics game.

Akmuq: pass
Mule: Takes Hendrick, will drive #24
RPH: takes Gibbs, will drive #11
Niop: Pass
Knelly on the clock.

Furi/Niop/Joe, how was S1 when there was no teamplay involved? Was it more interesting overall?

And I'm almost certain that the single car teams or other small-time entries would all ultimately end up doing work with a bigger team in order to at least get somewhere.

I would be willing to do all of the administrative stuff, as long as it didn't include hosting the race or counting the laps. I can generate a schedule, post and maintain the thread, update the point tables, and oversee the draft, since all of this can be done from work.

I just won't be at the races. If someone is willing to team up with me to handle race day duties (hosting, counting laps, reviewing incidents), I'm in for the rest. RPH, Knelly, Mule, Niop?

Furi/Niop/Joe, how was S1 when there was no teamplay involved? Was it more interesting overall?

And I'm almost certain that the single car teams or other small-time entries would all ultimately end up doing work with a bigger team in order to at least get somewhere.

Never really got going to be honest. But having someone a little like what Big Urn was at Daytona, can shake it up.

I would be willing to do all of the administrative stuff, as long as it didn't include hosting the race or counting the laps. I can generate a schedule, post and maintain the thread, update the point tables, and oversee the draft, since all of this can be done from work.

I just won't be at the races. If someone is willing to team up with me to handle race day duties (hosting, counting laps, reviewing incidents), I'm in for the rest. RPH, Knelly, Mule, Niop?

I'll happily do artwork like I did for Trucks. 👍

Yeah definitely a Road Course event in the Chase should be there.

Two Daytonas seems almost too unpredictable and crazy in the Chase.

A Sprint Cup Champion on GTP shouldn't be about who's the best oval runner but the best overall racer and that should include road courses or at least one road course.

A Suzuka East seems the most obvious choice.

I'll have a proposed schedule up later.

Also, I want to do SC/NW testing next week.

Or you could just have real teams without other team's cars in another team (such as having Earnhardt-Ganassi as it's own team).

Hendrick Motorsports: 2010 #24, 2011 #24, #48, #88
Joe Gibbs Racing: #11, #18, The Home Depot #20, GameStop #20
Red Bull Racing: 2010 #83, 2011 #83
Richard Petty Motorsports: 2010 #43, 2011 #43
Earnhardt-Ganassi Racing: #42
Stewart-Haas Racing: #14
Roush-Fenway Racing: #99

Maybe not the greatest idea, just a suggestion.

not a bad race, probably should of read some of the rules before i came in which is my bad, tryed to stay out of people's way but failed, happy that i finished the race only 2 laps down and in 7th.

this is probably going to be a one off drive but hopefully i did myself justice tonight, but my lack of NASCAR racing showed at points

not a bad race, probably should of read some of the rules before i came in which is my bad, tryed to stay out of people's way but failed, happy that i finished the race only 2 laps down and in 7th.

this is probably going to be a one off drive but hopefully i did myself justice tonight, but my lack of NASCAR racing showed at points

I apologise for your lack of preparation, you did ok Chris 👍

I believe we settled on 3 car teams ala Nationwide in the lobby.

If anyone wants to actually drive for me, either Sc or NW, send me a PM.

I'm going to sleep now, but in case the next 4 guys all make their choices during the night, I'd like to point out I'm not a factor in the draft.

Or you could just have real teams without other team's cars in another team (such as having Earnhardt-Ganassi as it's own team).

Hendrick Motorsports: 2010 #24, 2011 #24, #48, #88
Joe Gibbs Racing: #11, #18, The Home Depot #20, GameStop #20
Red Bull Racing: 2010 #83, 2011 #83
Richard Petty Motorsports: 2010 #43, 2011 #43
Earnhardt-Ganassi Racing: #42
Stewart-Haas Racing: #14
Roush-Fenway Racing: #99

Maybe not the greatest idea, just a suggestion.

I think this is quite a good idea

I would like to confirm I will take Ford, and we are making all English Team.

Team GB will consist of myself, Spurgy and Joe. We also welcome Dave to our Nationwide Team, with more news to follow.

Or the old independents idea.
Wow Knelly. Wow, good team.

And thanks Spurgy.... :irked:

Knelly
I would like to confirm I will take Ford, and we are making all English Team.

Team GB will consist of myself, Spurgy and Joe. We also welcome Dave to our Nationwide Team, with more news to follow.

:dopey: and I didn't get round to talking to you Furi, this was only decided in the last week.

Back