GTP NASCAR Thunder Series // Joe, JuanLessJetDryer, Joe and Chqr win!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 609 comments

Should we change Race 14 (14 laps of Daytona Oval) and if so to what?

• 5 laps of Monza (No Chicanes)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Due to popular consent, I have launched a poll in this thread outlining the possibility of changing race 14.

It would be a terrible shame if a Championship contender were to lose out due to a lag crash at Daytona on the final day of the Season.

Additionally, we all know how much of a crapshoot Daytona is and what happened today.

Due to popular consent, I have launched a poll in this thread outlining the possibility of changing race 14.

It would be a terrible shame if a Championship contender were to lose out due to a lag crash at Daytona on the final day of the Season.

Additionally, we all know how much of a crapshoot Daytona is and what happened today.

The biggest problem at daytona is that people are driving in way over their head and they are too stuborn to admit it to themselves. You should know who you are. Why go three wide when you know there is lag and then complain I got wrecked going three wide? Just my 2 cents.

Now. In testing not so long ago, everyone was singing the praises for this car's stability. During testing, we might the final adjustment to add ballast. I made race lengths as exact as possible to give exciting strategic racing. I did not expect drivers to drive 3-wide at Daytona on lap 1 of a 14 lap race.

If there is lag, why should you hedge your bets and go 3-wide?

You weren't the only victims tonight. I was wrecked in the HSR and first Daytona race. I've pretty much stuffed up my Independent Championship lead as well. Niop was wrecked numerous times so was Jedijoe,

With regards to the car, this series is being shelved for a few months now. Its not a regular thing but the driving at the first Daytona Race and HSR were just far too ambitious and reckless.

I'm not particularly happy with tonight but I'll battle on and finish off this series.

When I started this series, it was done with the idea of an 'All-Star Best of the Best' series. If drivers like some today feel the need to go pull off stupid moves then we're bound to crash.

First off, I know that this series is for fun, but when wrecks occur so damn frequently, it takes the fun out of it and makes this an irritating experience.

Lag: I don't remember being reminded that I was lagging until the last race. By that time, I was already out of contention to win the race.

Victims: Of course I wasn't the only victim. I mentioned me and Carbonox since we were the most common victims of these incidents.

All-Star: If this were to be an "All-Star" series, then why didn't you restrict it to racers that had at least a season of GTP NASCAR under their belt? It would prevent nobodies and rookies (including myself) from joining so it would, you know, be an All-Star series.

I am looking like an embarrassment right now. I should have just stuck with the Nationwide and Cup series. This series just isn't right for me, the car feels uncomfortable when I drive it, I swerve all over the track, cause incidents, etc.

I apologize for my actions throughout the season. You will be able to find me in the Nationwide and Cup series (and NASCAR Japan if it gets more attention), and I will not return for season 2 whenever that comes.

I apologize for my actions throughout the season. You will be able to find me in the Nationwide and Cup series (and NASCAR Japan if it gets more attention), and I will not return for season 2 whenever that comes.

You thought lag here was bad? You shoud've been at the First Indy Race in S1 of Nationwide. Bit of a knee-jerk reaction but its your decision.

Motegi requires all to have DLC though...

I believe everyone here has Motegi to the best of my knowledge.

I've been getting through the wrecks mostly due to playing it safe and getting lucky. I've driven through a number of wrecks each week, including pretty much every one we had at Daytona this week. I hang back to stay out of trouble and when there's a wreck in front, I usually only get a tap at most from a spinning car.

As for round 14, I can't make my mind up. The only option I wouldnt like is Monza.

For me tonight it was "GET THE HELL TO THE FRONT AND STAY THERE, AND HOG THAT INSIDE LINE!"

I was going for the 'they can't wreck you if you're leading' philosophy and it worked, as per usual.

I won't be able to join next week anyways. I'm going to a resort not too far from my hometown.

Provisionally, race 14 will be Motegi Superspeedway (15 laps). Please try and buy the DLC if you can. If there are any objections, please post them here before Saturday and we'll see what we can do.

Alternately, I could offer 1.5x Points for the Laguna Race 13 and the Indy Race 15 and make it a double-header weekend? The Race 14 will be scrapped if we do this. This will open up all the Championships a bit more too.

Last edited:
Nice, I can make Thunder today, and that's nothing to do with the curry I had last night :)

Just to confirm that tyre wear is OFF for the Laguna race, and ON for the other two?

Just to confirm that tyre wear is OFF for the Laguna race, and ON for the other two?

Yes. Only concern right now is making sure everyone has Motegi but I've had no messages from anyone so looks all set.

1472-4710-9995-5398-9317

Lobby open now.

Race 13 (tonight's race 1) is at 6.15pm BST (30 minutes)
Race 14 (tonight's race 2) is at Motegi Superspeedway (15 laps)
Race 15 (tonight's race 3) is at Indy Oval (30 laps)

Last edited:
Niop, Matty and Knelly are all having connection issues.

Could we all pile into someone's lobby as its probably my connection which has done it...

Back