GTP NASCAR Thunder Series // Joe, JuanLessJetDryer, Joe and Chqr win!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 609 comments

Should we change Race 14 (14 laps of Daytona Oval) and if so to what?

• 5 laps of Monza (No Chicanes)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I believe the only driver we are waiting for in race two is Furi.

So, Race one is normal time.

Race two is brought forward by ten minutes with a delay for Furi if he isn't there by five minutes.

Race three is then brought forward as race two is a reverse grid.

I believe the only driver we are waiting for in race two is Furi.

So, Race one is normal time.

Race two is brought forward by ten minutes with a delay for Furi if he isn't there by five minutes.

Race three is then brought forward as race two is a reverse grid.

You didn't read my post, did you?

You didn't read my post, did you?

I can't strictly adjust the start time for the first race on raceday itself. If all the drivers are in the lobby at 6pm BST, then we'll start sooner but I can't guarantee that happening.

I can't really do much more with the timings to avoid the clash with WTCC. There is a time gap and if you are that concerned, you might have to say to yourself which Championship do you wish to go for more.

I got my internet bandwidth up again. We're back in Public lobbies tonight as I expect a large grid and see you there, Tom.

I can't strictly adjust the start time for the first race on raceday itself. If all the drivers are in the lobby at 6pm BST, then we'll start sooner but I can't guarantee that happening.

I can't really do much more with the timings to avoid the clash with WTCC. There is a time gap and if you are that concerned, you might have to say to yourself which Championship do you wish to go for more.

I got my internet bandwidth up again. We're back in Public lobbies tonight as I expect a large grid and see you there, Tom.

Or you might have to say to yourself which is more important, allowing people to race when they can, or changing some's plans completely by forcing them to wait for latecomers?

I'm getting tired of Saturdays, I still can't understand why Tom squeezed the Vintage NASCAR's to the same 🤬 day. Every other day of the week is currently no racing for me... :banghead:

Therefore, from now on, I will not sign up to any sort of series that decides to take place on Saturdays, as WTCC will just get replaced with TOCA after it's over.

Carbonox
Or you might have to say to yourself which is more important, allowing people to race when they can, or changing some's plans completely by forcing them to wait for latecomers?

I'm getting tired of Saturdays, I still can't understand why Tom squeezed the Vintage NASCAR's to the same 🤬 day. Every other day of the week is currently no racing for me... :banghead:

Therefore, from now on, I will not sign up to any sort of series that decides to take place on Saturdays, as WTCC will just get replaced with TOCA after it's over.

Vintage NASCAR is on Sundays starting tomorrow.....

Tonight: Coke Zero Tour: 07/07/12

Race 10 @ High Speed Ring (10 laps) - 6.30pm BST / 1.30pm EST
Qualification Order Set (30 minutes). Tire wear is off. Grid Start / Parade Lap. 70 mph speed.
Grid Order announced through Chqr's mic on Parade Lap. Double file. Start/finish line is green flag.

Race 11 @ Daytona Oval (14 laps) - 6.50pm BST / 1.50pm EST
Reverse Grid Order Set. Tire wear is on. Default Rolling Start / No Parade Lap.

Race 12 @ Daytona Oval (28 laps) - 7.20pm BST / 2.20pm EST
Qualification Order Set (15 minutes). Tire wear is on. Default Rolling Start / No Parade Lap.

---

A large field is expected tonight which is good considering last week's slightly disappointing 10 driver field which by Thunder standards is flat. So keep it clean and enjoy the racing.

Qualifying for Race 10 will begin at 6.15pm BST / 1.15pm BST and the room will be reset prior to qualifying.

I'm opening the lobby now for any last minute testing or tuning help which I can provide if need be for HSR and Daytona.​

Wait, would the 3rd race actually take less than 30 minutes again?

Damn me and my calculations, although it's super-cool like SuperLuke if the above sentence is correct. :D

Wait, would the 3rd race actually take less than 30 minutes again?

Damn me and my calculations, although it's super-cool like SuperLuke if the above sentence is correct. :D

It should be under 30 mins, yes. Less than a minute a lap for 28 laps with 1 pitstop. Will probably be something like 27 minutes.

Sorry guys, getting caught up ordering a new internet package. Good luck.

Just crazy. I got to the front as I didn;t want to get walloped off.

Chqr just allowed me to plug IROC III with the CAMARO IROC Z concept the car for the next season.

Good luck to those in Race 3 at Daytona.

Chqr just allowed me to plug IROC III with the CAMARO IROC Z concept the car for the next season.

Good luck to those in Race 3 at Daytona.

You left as well?

Wise choice, dear Furi, as events like this are asking for boycotting.

You left as well?

Wise choice, dear Furi, as events like this are asking for boycotting.

Nope. I'm hanging out for Race 3.

Edit. Another 3rd :gtpflag: :D

Last edited:
This league just gets sloppier and sloppier.

Every single race a major incident occurs, with me and Carbonox becoming the most common victims. Guys, learn how to pass rather than wrecking people to get to the front, this isn't a demolition derby. Another thing that I would like to mention is how everybody seems to avoid wrecking DrifterJoe, pretty much leaving him as the sole contender for the championship.

Had me and Carbonox not been wrecked so much, we would have more wins. High Speed Ring was my race, until gokartman ran me off the track. I finished 8th. Lag may have been an issue, but you can at least avoid making contact with other casr, rather than acting like they are never there.

chqr, you have some serious issues to solve before the finale. More than likely, the weekend will be overshadowed by dirty driving. In fact, you will be lucky to see me next weekend if no major changes are made.

EDIT: As well, you should change the car that will be used for next season (if there is a S2). The Corvette is way too loose and cannot be tuned to a balanced setup.

Last edited:
This league just gets sloppier and sloppier.

Every single race a major incident occurs, with me and Carbonox becoming the most common victims. Guys, learn how to pass rather than wrecking people to get to the front, this isn't a demolition derby. Another thing that I would like to mention is how everybody seems to avoid wrecking DrifterJoe, pretty much leaving him as the sole contender for the championship.

Had me and Carbonox not been wrecked so much, we would have more wins. High Speed Ring was my race, until gokartman ran me off the track. I finished 8th. Lag may have been an issue, but you can at least avoid making contact with other casr, rather than acting like they are never there.

chqr, you have some serious issues to solve before the finale. More than likely, the weekend will be overshadowed by dirty driving. In fact, you will be lucky to see me next weekend if no major changes are made.

EDIT: As well, you should change the car that will be used for next season (if there is a S2). The Corvette is way too loose and cannot be tuned to a balanced setup.

You did as much questionable passing on the outside/3 wide as others did to be fair man. And the reason people like Joe get given a wide berth is probably more due to respect than favouritism.

The wrecks are the result of a slightly twitchy car and the short races encourage people to go all out. There's little Chqr can do to change driving habits in these circumstances.

You did as much questionable passing on the outside/3 wide as others did to be fair man. And the reason people like Joe get given a wide berth is probably more due to respect than favouritism.

Yes, I know that I caused controversy as well. Not everybody is perfect, but we can do better. The reason I attempted those moves were since there wasn't much room to run, either I go up to the high side and end up in the wall or go down low and pass below the yellow line. Same thing for everyone else. However, I know we can do better. Dirty driving by one driver spreads to the next driver as it makes others attempt risky moves, and I know I wasn't the first to start driving dirty.

And I respect Joe as much as the others but that isn't a reason to help him win at all costs.

The wrecks are the result of a slightly twitchy car and the short races encourage people to go all out. There's little Chqr can do to change driving habits in these circumstances.

All people need to do is wait until they know they can pass, rather than going 3 wide trying to get 1st every 5 seconds. It sounds boring on paper, but it is actually better than bashing through everybody like a train.

Now. In testing not so long ago, everyone was singing the praises for this car's stability. During testing, we might the final adjustment to add ballast. I made race lengths as exact as possible to give exciting strategic racing. I did not expect drivers to drive 3-wide at Daytona on lap 1 of a 14 lap race.

If there is lag, why should you hedge your bets and go 3-wide?

You weren't the only victims tonight. I was wrecked in the HSR and first Daytona race. I've pretty much stuffed up my Independent Championship lead as well. Niop was wrecked numerous times so was Jedijoe,

With regards to the car, this series is being shelved for a few months now. Its not a regular thing but the driving at the first Daytona Race and HSR were just far too ambitious and reckless.

I'm not particularly happy with tonight but I'll battle on and finish off this series.

When I started this series, it was done with the idea of an 'All-Star Best of the Best' series. If drivers like some today feel the need to go pull off stupid moves then we're bound to crash.

You've also got to consider that to some people this series isn't very important and just a bit of fun, so they don't use as much caution as they ordinarily would. I expected single file running at the start of that second Daytona race but we really had to defend position to keep it that way up front; people just need to realise that in a situation like that, passing doesn't really gain you anything.

You've also got to consider that to some people this series isn't very important and just a bit of fun, so they don't use as much caution as they ordinarily would. I expected single file running at the start of that second Daytona race but we really had to defend position to keep it that way up front; people just need to realise that in a situation like that, passing doesn't really gain you anything.

For sure. This is a bit of fun as well as some serious hard racing. :)

Back