GTP NASCAR Thunder Series // Joe, JuanLessJetDryer, Joe and Chqr win!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 609 comments

Should we change Race 14 (14 laps of Daytona Oval) and if so to what?

• 5 laps of Monza (No Chicanes)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think I just had a Jeff Gordon weekend.

Indy: Horrid pit strategy. Pitted too early.
Suzuka: Kept running off course.
SSRX Night: Got spun on lap 2.
SSRX Day: Disastrous gear ratios. Had to bump Carbonox in the wall to finish 7/8.

So yeah, you can tell I didn't have the best weekend. Next weekend should be good though. Sorry if I wrecked any of you guys or proved to be irritating. I highly respect you guys and I am proud to be a part of this series.

With me almost out of contention to win the championship, I would like to say that I will be pushing my hardest, and that I might be as aggressive as I can. Though I will try not to wreck you guys, I will be making alot of risks and pushing hard. Remember, any incidents I make with you guys are not intentional (except for the SSRX Day race).

I think I just had a Jeff Gordon weekend.

Indy: Horrid pit strategy. Pitted too early.
Suzuka: Kept running off course.
SSRX Night: Got spun on lap 2.
SSRX Day: Disastrous gear ratios. Had to bump Carbonox in the wall to finish 7/8.

So yeah, you can tell I didn't have the best weekend. Next weekend should be good though. Sorry if I wrecked any of you guys or proved to be irritating. I highly respect you guys and I am proud to be a part of this series.

With me almost out of contention to win the championship, I would like to say that I will be pushing my hardest, and that I might be as aggressive as I can. Though I will try not to wreck you guys, I will be making alot of risks and pushing hard.

It's a learning curve, we've all been there don't worry. :)

:cheers:

Bring it you dirty rat :P , so bad driving from you tonight :P

What was that?

I was dirty?

Who crowded out fellow Independent Competitor, matty on the final lap of SSRX?

Who blocked me to take 3rd in the 3rd SSRX Race by shifting lanes at the last moment?

Pardon me for bumping you on the straight on Suzuka.

What was that?

I was dirty?

Who crowded out fellow Independent Competitor, matty on the final lap of SSRX?

Who blocked me to take 3rd in the 3rd SSRX Race by shifting lanes at the last moment?

Pardon me for bumping you on the straight on Suzuka.

Who drifted like a noob in suzuka quali and took me out, and steered into me several times at SSRX to push me out of the draft line? And point of superspeedways is to change lanes.

Chqr, just grab your #11 and get out, as the #54's gonna get ya good. You asking for that? Huh? :P :lol:

Who drifted like a noob in suzuka quali and took me out, and steered into me several times at SSRX to push me out of the draft line? And point of superspeedways is to change lanes.

Chqr, just grab your #11 and get out, as the #54's gonna get ya good. You asking for that? Huh? :P :lol:

Who can drift?

I bumped you on the straight, m'darling. Fact, fact and fact.

You bump me, I bump you.

This is Nascar not let's go cry to TOCA Stewards for penalties.

Who can drift?

I bumped you on the straight, m'darling. Fact, fact and fact.

You bump me, I bump you.

This is Nascar not let's go cry to TOCA Stewards for penalties.

I don't go crying that's difference, if you want have at it boys you can have it, because i won't back down.

I don't go crying that's difference, if you want have at it boys you can have it, because i won't back down.

I don't go crying mid-race.

'Oh no my controller's running out of battery.'

'Why is my car white?'

I don't go crying mid-race.

'Oh no my controller's running out of battery.'

'Why is my car white?'

Crying? Give over. Your just desperate to pick holes with me. Now if you'd excuse me, I have a sprint cup race to beat you that.

gJOxd.png

Oh Chqr, who beat you in the Sprint Cup tonight? :sly:

Who did 44 laps on tires?

Who did not leech on someone else's setup and strategy?

Who did not speak the entire race?

Who did not scream out '3-wide' '4-wide' 'oh my god' etc?

Who races with more class?

Who was drafted in 10 minutes before the start?

Who will forever be better than you?

:sly:

Who did 44 laps on tires?

Who did not leech on someone else's setup and strategy?

Who did not speak the entire race?

Who did not scream out '3-wide' '4-wide' 'oh my god' etc?

Who races with more class?

Who was drafted in 10 minutes before the start?

Who will forever be better than you?

:sly:

Who was good enough to get offered a drive by series host? :sly: Who actually finished 2nd and was not lapped? :sly:

Who was good enough to get offered a drive by series host? :sly: Who actually finished 2nd and was not lapped? :sly:

Okay, you want to dwelve into hosting now?

Who did not leech onto another driver's setup and strategy?

Who did not use other drivers as a wall or racing groove?

Who did not demand to change lines because 'I want to'?

Who races with integrity and class and will not speak unnecessary comments?

Who has a greater host - driver relationship?

Who won the Nationwide S1 Teams' Championship?

Who is top of the Thunder Independents?

Who has 60 Golds on a Sixaxis?

Okay, you want to dwelve into hosting now?

Who did not leech onto another driver's setup and strategy?

Who did not use other drivers as a wall or racing groove?

Who did not demand to change lines because 'I want to'?

Who races with integrity and class and will not speak unnecessary comments?

Who has a greater host - driver relationship?

Who won the Nationwide S1 Teams' Championship?

Who is top of the Thunder Independents?

Who has 60 Golds on a Sixaxis?

Who fought back from a spin that cost him 14 seconds?

Who steered his car with no rear tyres around 5 miles of Daytona?

Who actually tries to make it fun for all involved?

Who has 15 career GTP race wins?

Who has won a 24 lap enduro of Le Mans?

:P :lol:

Chqr, none of us will back down, lets leave it at a draw..

Both of you shut up already.

Furi, stop with the smartass comments everywhere. It's annoying and you honestly do not know when to shut up.

MÜLE_9242;7286099
Both of you shut up already.

Furi, stop with the smartass comments everywhere. It's annoying and you honestly do not know when to shut up.

Sorry... thought a bit of banter was ok...:indiff:

There's a difference between banter and being a smartass.

Regarding the little Furi & Chqr battle...

Who did 5 races and been 5 times on the podium? :sly:

By the way chqr, i don't see any advantage to manage 44 laps stints on a 100 laps race... Is there?

Last edited:
By the way chqr, i don't see any advantage to manage 44 laps stints on a 100 laps race... Is there?

For you guys. I can barely manage 30 laps without getting new tires!

Midseason Thunder Report

With 5 different winners in 9 races so far, we have truly had a very competitive start to the GTP Nascar Thunder Series.

As we finish up in Japan, Chqr goes 'Through the Field' at this crucial point in the season.

1. Juan Pablo Montoya (JoeOfTheFire)

Almost flawless. Joe has cashed in his chips in almost every race this season. He currently leads the standings by ten points over Sprint Cup and Nationwide rival, Kevin Harvick (Carbonox). With four wins in the bank and a second place at the crapshoot, SSRX, Joe doesn't need luck but makes his own luck. In leading the Road Championship too, his only concern is chasing down Death By Carbon Racing in the Teams' Championship.

2. Kevin Harvick (Carbonox)

Still second. Second has become an awfully familiar place for Carbonox this year but in leading the Teams' Championship and only 10 points behind Nascar's Greatest Road Ringer, he is truly giving the Brit a run for his money. He has enjoyed a thunderous start with wins on the ovals and good runs on the road courses and subsequently also sits second in the Road Championship. The final six races will be tough and he made need some help with Litchi if he is to overturn Joe.

3. Michael Waltrip (GTP_Litchi)

The new kid on the block. Still relatively new to the Nascar Series on GTP, he has enjoyed a fine spell of form with no finish worse than 3rd in his 5 races he's participated so far. The only catch is his insurance which he has already used up. Nonetheless, his fine form has powered Death By Carbon into the lead in the Teams' Championship and his chomping down the points on the top two. As we head back over to Daytona where he has being very successful this season and last night in the Cup, salvaging a fourth place.

4. Jamie McMurray (RFLX_Niop)

Mr. Unlucky. After bad runs in the crapshoot that was Daytona (by his standards) and engine trouble at Indianapolis, he finally got his win last night at SSRX. Jamie (RFLX) who like Juan (Joe) is a true Nascar Giant does make drivers quake with fear with his looming red Corvette in the mirror. With a return to tracks where he traditionally runs well, he'll be looking for more luck and more recently, more reliability, let's hope for the best for the #1.

5. Denny Hamlin (Chqr)

A New Hope. After a terrible start to the season, Denny (Chqr) has put pedal to the metal. His run of good luck had to come to an end at SSRX where he tangled with Stormtrooper to finish last. Nonetheless, he leads the Independents' Championship with six races to go but not necessarily his strongest tracks on paper. We shall see.

6. Trevor Bayne (Nater_racing21)

Kid lightning. With a solid run at Daytona and similarly at Indianapolis, he has settled into the Nascar Series very well in 2012. Despite missing out in Japan, he'll have sights on climbing up the points standings. Whilst missing Knelly for the opening three events and leading a one-man mission in the Teams' Championship, Trevor (Nater) has a lot to look forward to in the coming weeks. Two strong second place finishes have given him confidence but I can assure you he most wants a win now.

7. Kurt Busch (Furinkazen)

Mr Literally. Kurt Busch also known as Furinkazen has really shown his true colours this season. Driving clean for his standards, he has proven his talent to all the critics and sits comfortably second in the Independents' Championship. Jerry Springer Racing, a low budget team, formed at the last minute has taken off and has no signs of crash landing. Two podiums at the crapshoot, SSRX has proved that luck is on his side for once and he can look on to really have a crack at the Independents' Championship.

8. Sam Hornish Jr. (mattymc1996)

The Silky Irishman. Sam (matty) who similarly entered into the Independents' Championship at the last minute with a low budget team will look to push on and take a win that he so badly needs this season. He practices hard outside of the race to really fine-tune his performance in racetrim and has done just that this season. Sam has just been unfortunate with the Independents' Points System where competitors Furinkazen and Chqr have been ahead of him on the track where it matters most. Nonetheless, the youngman is really doing well for himself over in IndyCar and onwards and upwards for him.

9. Cole Trickle (Stormtrooper2178)

Mr. Consistent. With no finish worse than tenth in his first ever full season in a GTP Nascar league, he has proven very capable in the first three meetings. Cole (stormtrooper) has not always enjoyed his fair share of luck at SSRX but will look to make amends at Daytona where he has scored as high as fourth there earlier in the season. With six races to go and his insurance still to be used up, he looks set to go out on a high in his first ever season of Nascar racing.

10. Paul Menard (Jedijoe727)

Not so Average. His team takes the name 'Average Joe Motorsports' but after a tidy win at SSRX last night, surely he's not 'Average' now. Paul (Jedijoe) has finally been noticed a track last night and despite losing his insurance all ready, he has six races to push on and finish well in. Despite missing five races already, he is only seven points behind Nascar Veteran, Brian Vickers (Crazybassist) in the Independents. Much more is expected of the elusive driver who is on a real high this season.

11. Brian Vickers (Crazy_bassist_83)

The Red Bull. Brian (Crazy) has really capitalised in the first two events of the season at Daytona and Indianapolis but despite engine trouble, sits fifth in the Independents' with no sign of letting off the gas anytime soon. Despite missing four races, I fully expect his return to Thunder next week and to push on and give Denny (Chqr), Kurt (Furi), Sam (Matty) and Cole (Storm) a run for the Independents' Championship which is far from settled.

---

*insurance means your four allowable dropped races.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back