GTP NASCAR Thunder Series // Joe, JuanLessJetDryer, Joe and Chqr win!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 609 comments

Should we change Race 14 (14 laps of Daytona Oval) and if so to what?

• 5 laps of Monza (No Chicanes)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There's no way we're gonna be able to convince him anyway because the tables and OP have been removed..

RIP NASCAR Thunder. You are survived by the Nationwide and Cup. :(

Right.

I'd like to apologise for the outburst and subsequently the closure of this series.

The response from you guys has been great and the quality of racing likewise to what has been billed as an 'All-Star GTP Nascar series.'

For now, I have commitments inside and outside of GTP which I would like to address but not commitments where I have to host series or lobbies.

In the past few weeks, months really, the passion for driving on Gran Turismo 5 has really drained for me. In hosting races, dealing with incidents, drivers and people, its been a struggle despite lots of positive response after Nationwide. Its for these reasons why I couldn't really do much more of Nationwide.

For sure, I could've shifted the host but that will just cause the situation over in Cup which is not very favourable and in such a series, its better to scrap and redo.

Hence, Tom's Vintage Nascar S2 and a new series that Knelly will introduce will help hydrate our thirst for Nascar.

Have a good summer, Chqr.

The GTP NASCAR scene is falling apart at the seems 👎. I truly enjoyed this series and felt like I had a shot at contending. I see no point in hanging around the NASCAR series anymore. :sarcasm: I'm sure i'll be missed :sarcasm:.

If things get re-organised and running again, let me know. Until then, it's back to racing with terrible randoms. :grumpy:

Couldn't some other willing volunteer just have taken over as host rather than cancelling it without a thought for others who had spent their time committing to this?

Hmmmm.

Well, I'd just to like to explain my incorrect actions last night.

It was due to personal problems and issues, I effectively left the series. And this was to do with my girlfriend - no more explanation needed surely.

I honestly apologise for stupid reaction and impulsive behavior and I apologise to all you guys who have made this series and given me the time to put a show on for you guys. This concept has taken off. 21 GTP Nascar stars have signed up from all disciplines and with such an exciting car and novel series setup, its been a blast.

You guys have honestly made me realise how much I need you and I will not let this series crumble like other GTP non-Nascar and Nascar series.

The series is back on. Of course, totally optional if you wish to return, carry on and give me a second chance to prove myself.

Please, read the new 'Start Procedure' which will be implemented from now on.

All races are now in a private lobby belonging to myself. I believe I am friends with everyone.

Race Start Procedure

All starts are rolling starts.

For the Road Courses, you must take a parade lap behind the pole car. Series host, Chqr will read out the qualifying order as his screen in free practice shows. Pace lap speed is 70mph. It is a double file start at the Start/Finish Line. Series host, Chqr will announce the race start over the mic. Pole leader can choose the left or right hand side line to start from.

For the Ovals, by default we will use the double-file rolling start with no parade lap.

Check OP for lastest schedule and points.

Normal Schedule after this weekend.

Unfortunately, Joe, Carb and DBC, you are not Champions - just yet. :)

I hope you guys can give me a second chance.

Chqr.

Last edited:
Bang nice!!!

I'd also like to publicly apologise to Litchi and indeed Mule last season.

The series I run are a bit of fun but sometimes in all serious, we need some seriousness and I totally agree with you guys after reflecting.

Great to see it back on again, yes it was stupid to call it off over a girl but totally understandable due to how those situations make you feel.

You don't need a second chance, we trust you enough 👍

New Standings in OP.

Also, dependent on everyone.

Would you guys like to drop 3 races towards the Teams' and Indepedents' Championships?

Oh well, I only suppose that this will do harm to my WTCC career which looks promising right now, don't want to miss any races. :nervous:

Seriously, this is exactly what has lately been happening, racing series seem to turn to sh#t in one moment when no one anticipates anything, so I can't trust my future in NASCAR.

Thunder is back, good news 👍

There's challenge for me now since my angry in Round 2. I know I'm impulsive sometimes. Sorry for that.

I hope you guys can give me a second chance.
You definitely deserve it 👍

Oh well, I only suppose that this will do harm to my WTCC career which looks promising right now, don't want to miss any races. :nervous:

Seriously, this is exactly what has lately been happening, racing series seem to turn to sh#t in one moment when no one anticipates anything, so I can't trust my future in NASCAR.

WTCC races start at 8.30pm BST.

Thunder Races finish at 8pm BST at the latest.

You should be fine mate.

Thunder is back, good news 👍

There's challenge for me now since my angry in Round 2. I know I'm impulsive sometimes. Sorry for that.

Glad to have you back. I'm sure Carb is too ^^

3. Japanese Classic: 30/06/12

Race 6 @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway (28 laps) - 6.15pm BST / 1.15pm EST
Qualification Order Set (30 minutes). Tire wear is on. Default Rolling Start / No Parade Lap.

Race 7 @ Suzuka East (14 laps) - 7pm BST / 2pm EST
Qualification Order Set (10 minutes). Tire wear is off. Grid Start / Parade Lap. 70 mph speed.
Grid Order announced through Chqr's mic on Parade Lap. Double file. Start/finish line is green flag.

Race 8 @ SSRX Night (2 laps) - 7.15pm BST / 2.15pm EST
Reverse Grid Order Set. Tire wear is on. Default Rolling Start / No Parade Lap.

Race 9 @ SSRX Day (4 laps) - 7.45pm BST / 2.45pm EST
Reverse Grid Order Set. Tire wear is on. Default Rolling Start / No Parade Lap.

---

Quite a lot to digest there but I hope everyone can understand.

Check the OP for the full schedule.

We've had some fantastic racing with this system and concept and I'm sure more good times are waiting.

If all drivers are happy to begin races sooner with the non-tire wear qualification races, we shall do just that so long as we are not waiting for any drivers to arrive.

Just for this Saturday, both SSRX races are reverse grid because of the stupid length of the track to do a qualifying lap.

I don't support. If you keep the schedule, don't expect me to stay around in Race 9.

This is the only week we have 4 races in one meeting.

From the 7th July, we have 3 races and the meeting ending at 7.45pmish BST.

It depends if you believe you have more a chance of winning this or WTCC.

WTCC events don't start until 8.15pm BST, I'm led to believe.

Nonetheless, you can drop 3 races and SSRX could a dropable one for many.

4 points out of 1st in the Independent's Championship. Never thought I would do that good.

That whole Indy weekend could be re-run with the proper grid rule though...

Only my view, but honestly it's just stupid to lose team points like that.

If you, nater, Joe, Niop, Knelly and Litchi all agree, I'll let you guys drop your worst three team points finishes towards the Teams' Championship.

Unfortunately if you fail to finish the race through rage-quitting, you will not get any points for that race. Races are short anyway (10 or 20minutes) long so.

Besides, nater has been missing Knelly for two meetings and Joe has missed Niop for one.

Its still all to play for.

Honestly, i think it's not fair to re-race the 2 first races of round 2. What is done is done. It's not fair especially for the 10 guys who did those races.

About the drops, we have actually 15 races and in my humble opinion, i think 3 drops is the minimal to do. In GATE for example, we have 3 dropped rounds from 10, it should cover any connection issues. So i think 4 dropped races in Thunder could be the good way to go.

One more time, this is my thoughts, and only mine, everybody is totaly free to not be agree. 👍

Last edited:
I agree with drops, i've talked with Chqr about the schedule. I will be there for most of next week for sure.

I'm fine with having team championship drops, and Litchi's extra drop idea.

I'll see if I can make it 3/3 Indy wins.

I agree with drops, i've talked with Chqr about the schedule. I will be there for most of next week for sure.

I'm fine with having team championship drops, and Litchi's extra drop idea.

I'll see if I can make it 3/3 Indy wins.

Honestly, i think it's not fair to re-race the 2 first races of round 2. What is done is done. It's not fair especially for the 10 guys who did those races.

About the drops, we have actually 15 races and in my humble opinion, i think 3 drops is the minimal to do. In GATE for example, we have 3 dropped rounds from 10, it should cover any connection issues. So i think 4 dropped races in Thunder could be the good way to go.

One more time, this is my thoughts, and only mind, everybody is totaly free to not be agree. 👍

I'm sure Nate and Knelly will be in favour of this so you may drop your worst three points finishes / most recent DNS towards the Drivers', Teams' and Independents' Championships.

No worries there, folks.

I'll see whether or not we need to add another dropped race to 4. We'll see after this weekend to see if we need this if we do have any connection issues or lag incidents of which there should not be any as we return to a private lobby.

All races are now in a private lobby belonging to myself. I believe I am friends with everyone.

Well, have you done some tests between public and private lobby? Do you have proves that Private is better?

Latest Posts

Back