GTP NASCAR Thunder Series // Joe, JuanLessJetDryer, Joe and Chqr win!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 609 comments

Should we change Race 14 (14 laps of Daytona Oval) and if so to what?

• 5 laps of Monza (No Chicanes)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Updated standings in OP.

Very competitive Independents but strangely not quite the Teams'

GMPP / Katech Motorsports Team has disbanded into Matty and fastfox going into Independents.

Further questions raised about whether TripleF, Silver Bullet or Juan Less Jet Dryer will have two drivers for next week.

Just to answer a question about why the 3rd race of each weekend isn't double points.

I want there to be equal weighting of points across the races as drivers are allowed to drop 3 races towards the Drivers' Championship and I do not want a case of drivers only racing certain events and neglecting others. I would like all drivers to run all 3 races in the evening's proceedings.

And I wouldn't want an overly complex dropping race system and point system too.

Last edited:
Further questions raised about whether TripleF, Silver Bullet or Juan Less Jet Dryer will have two drivers for next week.

I'm part of Juan Less Jet Dryer and drove the #42 last night. TripleF has no members anymore. Drop dropped out of this for TripleF and Tom dropped out of JLJD, so me and niop are teammates in this.

I'm part of Juan Less Jet Dryer and drove the #42 last night. TripleF has no members anymore. Drop dropped out of this for TripleF and Tom dropped out of JLJD, so me and niop are teammates in this.

Excellent. No problem.

Okay, because I'm lazy and cba to upload them you are now on 65 points as a team.

Tom is now independent as is Drop. So they can drop in on an ad hoc basis if they so wish to.

Last edited:
It was a great round for DBC. Both won a race and i did 3 podiums. I just want to say that i'm glad to race with you guys, i learn every week about oval racing and it's a great experience.

Well, i don't want to be the team leader of DBC cause i don't deserve it due to my lack of experience. So my goal is to continue to learn here and help my teammate to be on the top.
In a near future, i hope i will find how to save tyres like RFLX do...

It was a great round for DBC. Both won a race and i did 3 podiums. I just want to say that i'm glad to race with you guys, i learn every week about oval racing and it's a great experience.

Well, i don't want to be the team leader of DBC cause i don't deserve it due to my lack of experience. So my goal is to continue to learn here and help my teammate to be on the top.
In a near future, i hope i will find how to save tyres like RFLX do...

Revenge after Nationwide? :sly:

That was impressive stuff.

Literally days before the start, this team was put together and they're 25 points clear of Joe and Niop - yes, Joe and Niop.

Let us not forget Knelly is yet to arrive and he'll be keen on the Road Courses alongside Nater who is currently 3rd in the Drivers' Championship.

The Independents' is frighteningly close to call.

Just to double-remind drivers:

Races 1 & 3, 4 & 6, 7 & 9, 10 & 12, 13 & 15 of each meeting are qualifying order set.
Races 2, 5, 8, 11, 14 is a reverse grid from the previous race.

Rage-quitters earn 0 points for that race. Its only 10 minute or 20 minute races and there are 12+ cars on the circuit anyway.

Grid start for Road Courses. Rolling Double File for Ovals.

Literally days before the start, this team was put together and they're 25 points clear of Joe and Niop - yes, Joe and Niop.

Well, I DID get into the wall by myself in the second race and lost the draft. Ended up 11th... Daytona tends to be a bit about luck too though in regards to accidents. Indy next week should be more in our favour.

Championship #1: Daytona Triple Header

On Saturday, June 16th, 2012, the first ever GTP NASCAR Thunder Series event was held. This series serves as a kind of "All-Star" series for the GTP NASCAR Leagues, with many veterans and freshmen alike participating for the ultimate NASCAR championship.

Pre-race events inside the infield were held for fans, all ending with a concert by AC/DC, who performed their song "Thunderstruck" as well as "T.N.T".

Once the green flag dropped for the first race of the triple header, the fans were already on their feet. As the crowd cheered, the drivers went into turn 1, pushing their cars with all they had in the 14 lap opener.

About halfway into the first race, several drivers had some problems, the most notable being the #11 of Denny Hamlin (chqr) and the #46 of Cole Trickle (Stormtrooper2178) had hit the wall, falling back and never catching back up to the leaders. The #62 of Ricky Bobby (Cowboys965) had also had problems. In the second race, the same fate would befall the three drivers. The #30 of Michael Waltrip (GTP_Litchi) had won the first race, with the #29 of Kevin Harvick (Carbonox) winning the second race.

Race 3 was a 28 lap finale. In this race, bad luck had come down on Denny Hamlin once again, he hit the wall once again, and couldn't catch up with the leaders. Cole Trickle turned his bad luck around with a respectable 4th place finish. The last winner of the three race event was Juan Pablo Montoya (JoeOfTheFire) in his #42 Target car.

The winner of the event was Michael Waltrip, who had been consistent all that day.

The current top 5 in the driver standings are:

1. Michael Waltrip (GTP_Litchi) - 50
2. Kevin Harvick (Carbonox) - 40
3t. Trevor Bayne (Nater_racing21) - 36
3t. Dale Earnhardt Jr. (amp_88_jr) - 36
5. Juan Pablo Montoya (JoeOfTheFire) - 35

Death By Carbon Racing leads the Team Championship with 90 points.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Litchi would be rather called Michael Waltrip than David Stremme haha.

Nonetheless, great report. 👍

Sorry for the slow reply on my independent name but I like what you gave me so that'll do 👍

And btw I'm counting that second place as a win because of independent points ;)

Sorry I couldn't make it to Daytona last week guys... Internet was down last Saturday. :(

I'll be sure to be on for Indy tomorrow though. :)

I'm going to be dropping all of tomorrow's races. I'm not going to make it because i'm going on a little road trip to check out a 77' Camaro i'm thinking about buying.

Daughters birthday party today so I'll be missing today I'm afraid.

Have fun y'all.

Probably missing today, still ill and not going to concentrate very well...

Almost forgot there's a race today in 2 hours, lol.

I can't drive cars like this on road courses, so wish me luck for Race 1. :nervous:

Probably missing today, still ill and not going to concentrate very well...

Daughters birthday party today so I'll be missing today I'm afraid.

Have fun y'all.

I'm going to be dropping all of tomorrow's races. I'm not going to make it because i'm going on a little road trip to check out a 77' Camaro i'm thinking about buying.

Unfortunate to miss you guys. You may drop your worst three races towards the Drivers' Championship don't forget so you won't miss out on too much with such a competitive field and a podium skewed points system.

Welcome, Jedi Joe.

I have had considerable tuning help for Indy Road, I will admit now.

Predicted Field for Tonight:

1. #77 Mattymc1996 // Matty McMotorsports
2. #3 fastfox400 // GMPP/Katech Motorsports
3. #1 RFLX_Niop // Juan Less Jet Dryer
4. #42 JoeOftheFire // Juan Less Jet Dryer
5. #21 Nater_racing21 // Silver Death Motorsports
6. #29 Carbonox // Death By Carbon Racing
7. #30 GTP_Litchi // Death By Carbon Racing
8. #83 CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 // Red Bull Racing (I)
9. #62 Cowboys965 // Sofa King Racing (I)
10. #7 IndianWolf // Dave & Buster's (I)
11. #15 GTP_Akmuq // AK Motorsport (I)
12. #11 Chqr // Federal Express Racing (I)
13. #78 Gokartman // SUVAT Motorsports (I)
14. #27 Jedijoe727 // Average Joe Motorsports (I)
15. #27 Stormtrooper2178 // Northeast Racing (I)

I've given nudges to Tom and Mule to see if they will arrive. Looks good anyway.

Lobby is open!

1472-6399-8665-9409-1038

Qualification is live for race 1.

Race 1 starts at 30 past.

Back