GTP NASCAR Thunder Series // Joe, JuanLessJetDryer, Joe and Chqr win!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 609 comments

Should we change Race 14 (14 laps of Daytona Oval) and if so to what?

• 5 laps of Monza (No Chicanes)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sure, make a team name. I presume you'll be independent unless you can form a partnership with another driver.

I edited my post 👍

I know PURE guys don't need me every time in every PURE series, so I think it's not a problem if i leave the GATE, they will understand. We all are free and do what we want, no worry ;)

And i must confess that this Thunder seems to be veeeeery well organized and i love well organized series like you do (you deserve a place in PURE for that btw^^). So if I race one time here, I think i'll immediately love it and will be fully involved in ;)

I edited my post 👍

I know PURE guys don't need me every time in every PURE series, so I think it's not a problem if i leave the GATE, they will understand. We all are free and do what we want, no worry ;)

And i must confess that this Thunder seems to be veeeeery well organized and i love well organized series like you do (you deserve a place in PURE for that btw^^). So if I race one time here, I think i'll immediately love it and will be fully involved in ;)

Excellent. I think you're guaranteed a spot for the race now as you're now in a team and the final team slot.

I'll work on the final standings and your profile tomorrow.

May I ask, why does it read "Death By Carbon Racing" next to Litchi in the OP? :dopey:

Hi there.
The Thunder schedule doesn't works with the GATE, especially for the last race.
But, if i'm allowed to do that, i'll try to give a shot for the 2 first races next saturday if possible. I'd like to see how works the series and maybe i can keep this one instead of the GATE if i'm very interested.

The problem is that i'm not already in a team. Should i choose one right now? I'm afraid to steal the place of a guy who could be already more involved than me in this series, you see...

EDIT: if I have to choose a team now, i'd like to be in the Death By Carbon Racing (if Carbonox is agree of course)

GTP Username: Litchi
PSN Username: GTP_Litchi
Team Name: Death By Carbon Racing
Car Number: #30

Didn't bother to read stuff very closely, I see... :dopey:

Yep, Carb's drunk :indiff:

Slightly concerned with the 21 drivers signed up and 16 slots. Hopefully, we can accomodate everyone. Now, I know there's a few drivers who might not be racing this weekend so I'm hoping we can fit everyone in.

Maybe you can hope for 2 or 3 more drivers and make two rooms? 💡

Didn't work very well in BST V8's when they split the drivers, though that was because of PD's glitch. :indiff:

Still I don't think everyone's gonna make every week. If we happen to get more than 16 entries, probably have the less active ones skip the race in that case.

I just want to collect a lot of points at the first race to get some sort of immunity as I'm more than likely to make every race again 💡

Well, didn't you say to the guys who signed up later on that they might end up being reserves man?

I think priority should be given to the guys already racing in the Cup or NNS as this is almost an 'All Star' series; although that makes up almost the entire field :lol:

Well, didn't you say to the guys who signed up later on that they might end up being reserves man?

I think priority should be given to the guys already racing in the Cup or NNS as this is almost an 'All Star' series; although that makes up almost the entire field :lol:

Team slots almost have certain slots. So that's 10 cars. I know Nater, yourself, Knelly and Niop may miss a week or two.

Indepedents are the other 6 cars.

Well, I'd like to run S2 Nationwide Drivers like stormtrooper, Joe, gokartman and maybe Akmuq too.

I know a few Independents are part-time like Furinkazen.

Drivers from 17 onwards on the OP list - do not be surprised if there is not a seat available. I have done the order based on interest and initial posts on the forum. Likelihood is that I anticipate some non turn-ups as we all have real life issues and so on.

I know drivers like Akmuq, Carbonox, gokartman and Furinkazen have WTCC commitments so are part-timers.

Team slots almost have certain slots. So that's 10 cars. I know Nater, yourself, Knelly and Niop may miss a week or two.

Indepedents are the other 6 cars.

Well, I'd like to run S2 Nationwide Drivers like stormtrooper, Joe, gokartman and maybe Akmuq too.

I know a few Independents are part-time like Furinkazen.

Drivers from 17 onwards on the OP list - do not be surprised if there is not a seat available. I have done the order based on interest and initial posts on the forum. Likelihood is that I anticipate some non turn-ups as we all have real life issues and so on.

I know drivers like Akmuq, Carbonox, gokartman and Furinkazen have WTCC commitments so are part-timers.

I'm not doing the WTCC, I have withdrawn to do this 👍

I don't really know if I'm continuing in WTCC because I want to give this a proper shot.

And of course there's the lack of WTCC success. Don't feel very motivated racing for 7th places when I could get some podiums here ;)

Carbonox
when I could get some podiums here ;)

This isn't Nationwide mate :sly:

I joke, I joke :lol: Shame the Sprint Cup timing doesn't suit you man, sure a team would snap you up.

I don't really know if I'm continuing in WTCC because I want to give this a proper shot.

And of course there's the lack of WTCC success. Don't feel very motivated racing for 7th places when I could get some podiums here ;)

Hey, you just don't realise how prestigious 7th place is do you? :dopey:

Unlike Carb and Furi I'm doing WTCC this week as it will be my last before going on holidays.

And I can actually get podiums in that, but the main point is a fun race IMO, not success.;)

I'm once again proving how bad I am with setups. After testing for Daytona, a minor adjustment on the default setup is far better than everything else I'd tried.

Road courses and SSRX shouldn't be a problem. SSRX is the only track I know how to tune for, and I usually do very well on road courses in most cars with just the default setup, full aero, and slightly adjusted gearing.

Oh crap, I haven't really checked this much with the EURO's on and all that and I see I don't have a team.. Am I still in a slot for an independent? :nervous:

EDIT: Never mind, just remembered Chqr gave up his spot with fastfox so he could be an independent and give me a team slot making everyone happy :dopey:

I just did some tuning at daytona n very pleased with my results. I don't know how joe is using the default setup with a minor adjustment? The default is too loose for my liking. I had to stiffen that ride up. Tire wear looks okay for racing softs. I expect the 28 lap to be a zero stop race for me with my setup.

Unlike Carb and Furi I'm doing WTCC this week as it will be my last before going on holidays.

And I can actually get podiums in that, but the main point is a fun race IMO, not success.;)

Well I have not had success nor fun, so I guess I have a good reason to leave. :sly:

Those are from the open practice sessions that chqr held, if I remember right.

Correct, we were just messing around IIRC, not pushing for times particularly.

Also, there's a new thread up some of you guys may want to check out...

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09
All tuning modifications permitted.
Power restricted to 552bhp.
Ballast of 50kg bringing weight up to 1150kg.
Racing Soft tires only.
No Aids except ABS.
Mechanical Damage is OFF to prevent lag.
Visual Damage is OFF to prevent lag.
Fuel Consumption and Tire Wear is ON but turned off for road courses.
Grip Reduction is set to REAL.
Slipstream is set to WEAK.
Boost is OFF.
Mics are ON.
I guess yes

Chqr, I know this is horribly short notice but I definitely won't be able to make tonight. Also due to the fact that i'll miss next week because of a wedding and apparently now i'll miss the last round due to sporting commitments, i'm going to pull out of the series in order to give some of the guys on the reserve list a chance to race. Have to apologise to RFLX for deserting you so late on, sorry mate, it was the only decent option I had 👎

Is the supercharger allowed?
All tuning modifications permitted. Depends on how you've set your car up if you so wish to use one.

We'll be in the same lobby after Nationwide so I'll post here when the race ends and when its open.

That's a shame, Tom. Remember you can still pop in for a race on an ad hoc basis.

RFLX, feel free to grab a teammate who hasn't entered like ACDC, RedPartyhat, dowhat, Mstall or even your protege TRYNOR. Up to you whether you wish to pursue Teams' or Independents'.

Back