GTP NASCAR Thunder Series // Joe, JuanLessJetDryer, Joe and Chqr win!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 609 comments

Should we change Race 14 (14 laps of Daytona Oval) and if so to what?

• 5 laps of Monza (No Chicanes)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
New sounds an better FFB from the wheel. Im in geaven. Did a quick test session and turn has been dramatically fixed.... I for see GMPP/Katech on the podiums on the road courses..

I'll stand a decent chance as well if I can get a grip on the Vette...

I'll stand a decent chance as well if I can get a grip on the Vette...

Plenty of grip with regards to tires. No tire wear on the Road courses means you can go for as an aggressive setup as you like on those. In the draft, you are able to run consistently in the high line and able to grab a huge slingshot even on weak draft.

It handles wonderfully and is so agile, its almost difficult to keep up with it on the ovals and stay smooth.

If I can grab a grip of it, anyone can. ;)

Furinkazen
New patch has updated the sound on the Camaro RM, which sounds like a beast now...

This sound has transferred over to the 'Vette... it may not be totally authentic but its fresh grunty, and epic 👍

Fire up the Corvette C6R's (I love to call them that) boys!!!
I didn't like the old sound, but I'm not really a fan of the new sound either. I think they could make it a lot better.

I didn't like the old sound, but I'm not really a fan of the new sound either. I think they could make it a lot better.

But at least it has some grunt and rumble to it now.

*. Thunder Test Session: 26/05/12
2cpp72h.png

2:45 EST (7:45pm BST)
Short fun races and testing on many calendar tracks decided by lobby vote.
Immediately follows the ending of the Nationwide race. All Nationwide, IndyCar, Sprint Cup and Thunder drivers may attend.

Fastest Laps in Practice

0:45:899 - amp_88_jr @ Daytona Oval
0:45:975 - Nater_racing21 @ Daytona Oval
0:46:078 - Chqr @ Daytona Oval

1:41:532 - Furinkazen @ Laguna Seca
1:41:784 - Tom_97_COD @ Laguna Seca
1:43:210 - Chqr @ Laguna Seca

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=253281

Any picture complaints are to be directed at TomMcD

*. Thunder Test Session: 26/05/12
2cpp72h.png

2:45 EST (7:45pm BST)
Short fun races and testing on many calendar tracks decided by lobby vote.
Immediately follows the ending of the Nationwide race. All Nationwide, IndyCar, Sprint Cup and Thunder drivers may attend.

Fastest Laps in Practice

0:45:899 - amp_88_jr @ Daytona Oval
0:45:975 - Nater_racing21 @ Daytona Oval
0:46:078 - Chqr @ Daytona Oval

1:41:532 - Furinkazen @ Laguna Seca
1:41:784 - Tom_97_COD @ Laguna Seca
1:43:210 - Chqr @ Laguna Seca

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=253281

Any picture complaints are to be directed at TomMcD

:gtpflag: First ever GTP fastest lap :cheers:

Fixed. 👍

I'm in an amazing mood. Super-fast connection. Exams over. Good weather out. No school. No work. Just NASCAR.

that sounds awesome, just 2 more exams and i can join you with the relaxation :P.

really looking forward to this, hoping to be reasonably competitive. great choice of car i must say, lovely to drive and looks wonderful, and then there's the noise :drool:

I'll be there for a bit. :D:tup: After this I'll catch the real Nationwide race on tv.

Last edited:
I'll be running the car pretty much at default for this testing. I'll have to raise the ride height for Daytona and Indy, but that's it.

As a result of the second test session, the 50kg ballast returns so the minimum weight of the car is now 1150kg.

Of course with the car oversteering, you'll most likely find it beneficial to place it at the rear.

After testing at Daytona, it was found cars were very unsettled in a confined space of 3-4 wide.

It is hoped the ballast will help may the car even easier to control when 2-3 wide.

Fixed. 👍

I'm in an amazing mood. Super-fast connection. Exams over. Good weather out. No school. No work. Just NASCAR.

Now you only need your love life sorted out, and you're good. :sly::sly:

Just kidding... in reality, that doesn't go together with playing GT5 at all... one Swedish fella is a good example of that. :grumpy:

Anyway sorry for being unable to make any practice sessions, but my schedule is getting hampered by Dax's series whose name I can never remember in short, but it begins with a W. I'm hopeful to be able to bring the green #29 (that comes from a MotoGP racer if anyone wonders why I always use the same number) to track in all races even though some guys around here don't only seem fast, but dedicated too.

As a result of the second test session, the 50kg ballast returns so the minimum weight of the car is now 1150kg.

Of course with the car oversteering, you'll most likely find it beneficial to place it at the rear.

After testing at Daytona, it was found cars were very unsettled in a confined space of 3-4 wide.

It is hoped the ballast will help may the car even easier to control when 2-3 wide.

Great decision. These cars definitely need more stability.

Nah you weren't, you pulled it off. :sly:

Now you only need your love life sorted out, and you're good. :sly::sly:

Just kidding... in reality, that doesn't go together with playing GT5 at all... one Swedish fella is a good example of that. :grumpy:

Anyway sorry for being unable to make any practice sessions, but my schedule is getting hampered by Dax's series whose name I can never remember in short, but it begins with a W. I'm hopeful to be able to bring the green #29 (that comes from a MotoGP racer if anyone wonders why I always use the same number) to track in all races even though some guys around here don't only seem fast, but dedicated too.

Right well, that can wait. :indiff:

Ah, exams over, its GT5 time baby.

No worries. Not a lot of tuning needed actually as you might think. For Daytona, not a lot at all. Road Courses like Laguna, the car performs really well on a default setup anyway.

--

Forgot to say, rage-quitting will be clamped down on so none of that otherwise you get 0 points for that race. Races are short anyway and extremely lively so with 15 cars around you, you'll find someone sooner rather than later.

It would've been better to post this the day of or before the series starts but it's definitely fitting for the series.

I won't be making it to the races on friday or saturday. I've had plans since march to watch races at a local dirt short track on the 15th and 16th of june. Plus its the weekend that I graduate with my degree in architectural building technology. I will be hearing this song as well as Ladies and Gentlemen from saliva a lot since I'm watching 2 national touring series that meet at this track!!!

Last edited:
I had this in mind for the highlights package I'll do after this season...

It would've been better to post this the day of or before the series starts but it's definitely fitting for the series.

I won't be making it to the races on friday or saturday. I've had plans since march to watch races at a local dirt short track on the 15th and 16th of june. Plus its the weekend that I graduate with my degree in architectural building technology. I will be hearing this song as well as Ladies and Gentlemen from saliva a lot since I'm watching 2 national touring series that meet at this track!!!

No worries, mate.

Remember you may drop three of your worst points finishes towards the Drivers' Championship so you won't miss out on much, nater although your Team points with Knelly may be slightly compromised on that weekend.

I need a NASCAR game in my life; I haven't ranked up/bought the Cup content yet in iRacing so this Inside Line game better be good.

Latest Posts

Back