GTP NASCAR Thunder Series // Joe, JuanLessJetDryer, Joe and Chqr win!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 609 comments

Should we change Race 14 (14 laps of Daytona Oval) and if so to what?

• 5 laps of Monza (No Chicanes)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Season Preview

Only GTP Nascar related Series and Championships will be included in driver profiles. Only one Championship will be displayed per driver.

RFLX_Niop 'Jamie McMurray' | #1 Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet
6ss37k.png

A true legend to the GTP Nascar scene. RFLX_Niop has been the driver nearly everyone in the neighbourhood has had to stare up at in the leaderboards. He successfully managed to defend his Sprint Cup title this year in an extremely competitive field and has continued on since to lead his Sprint Cup team in Season 3. One of the most talented drivers in the field but can he convert his Chevrolet Impala and Camaro form into the Corvette? We shall see.

Tom_97_COD 'Juan Pablo Montoya' | #42 Target Chevrolet
apfz9.png

Tom is one the most respected folks in the forum. Not only because of his kind mannerism and eagerness to help out but his real talent and strength in hosting and performing in his respective series. In hosting and at times leading his IndyCar Series, he has transitioned into the Nascar scene with emphatic style in Nationwide and the Sprint Cup. Alongside, Niop, its a pair many would fear.

fastfox400 'Dale Earnhardt' | #3 Goodwrench Chevrolet
2rpcvp0.png

New to the Nascar scene and in his rookie season over in the Nationwide he has strung together some solid finishes and for a driver to enter the Nascar fray and almost win a race in the Preseason, that is testament to his ability to try new things and work in different situations. He hopes to prove that talent once more in Thunder as he drives the memorable Dale Earnhardt car and I'm sure he will do it justice.

mattymc1996 'Sam Hornish Jr.' | #77 Mobil 1 Chevrolet
149376s.png

Matty has waited, waited and waited - a bit like me for a taste of GTP glory. He got just that at Laguna in IROC and he has never looked back. One of the more experienced drivers in the field and alongside rookie, fastfox, he will be of an assuring hand. Matty has proven his driving skills on many GTP platforms and for me is one of the most versatile drivers around. With an eye for Road Courses, he will have high hopes entering this season.

Knelly 'Kyle Busch' | #18 M&Ms Chevrolet
2v1t0g2.png

Knelly in his traditional #18 will once again put 'pedal to the metal' and give the young boys of the Nascar scene a run for their money. Despite being one of the older drivers, he drivers cars as if he stole it and is afraid of nothing. He loves a challenge and has had much success in IROC, Sprint Cup and IndyCar in recent times. With bags and bags of experience and race victories, the only thing missing on his CV is a Championship win and alongside sensational rookie, Nater, we can expect many things from this stable.

Nater_racing21 'Trevor Bayne' | #21 Motorcraft Chevrolet
3516cg4.png

One of the finest young drivers to enter 2012, he has burst through the mould and early racing nerves to take victories in a few GTP series this year. With notable ventures into Trucks, IROC and Nationwide, he has been a very consistent performer in all that he does. He works extremely hard outside of the track and that is remarkable attribute to have going into this one.

droptop2001gt 'Davey Allison' | #28 Texaco Havoline Chevrolet
fz0wpj.png

The father of the Nascar scene himself, Ryan has staged one of the biggest growths in GTP series. In hosting the Sprint Cup Series, so much success has spilled over into the creation of the Nationwide, Trucks, IROC and ARCA divisions. A marksman for long races, he is always alert and forever working on his strategy. Ryan will be alongside Joe in a highly competitive stable and Championship but they're my pick for the Championsihp.

JoeOfTheFire 'Bill Elliott' | #94 McDonalds Chevrolet
2wrhj7l.png

Notorious for being supreme on road courses in the Sprint Cup and now Nationwide, he scares the socks off most drivers. The driver I'd least like to see in my mirrors is Joe. He has a real talent in racing and is able to set pole laps like its nobody's business and sets the bar extremely high for the field. With a Championship not being found in the Sprint Cup so far, he'll have eyes for this one alongside Ryan in the most star-studded stable of them all. He recently owns Ford Racing and Rick Ware Racing in Cup and Nationwide and has been the lifeline for his Nationwide team and alongside Tom has given his team 3 wins when he had to fill in for his own drivers.

Cowboys965 'Ricky Bobby' | #62 ME Chevrolet
1szes3.png

Cowboys in 2012 demoted himself to the Nationwide platform and has rocketed off in superb style. In the top-10 for all races so far in an incredibly competitive division and a few races to go, he'll have eyes for that but also for Thunder. Cowboys has asserted himself to be extremely consistent and forever present in challenging for race wins. He is also able to race very well in many race lengths and has already had call-ups for the Sprint Cup.

GTP_Akmuq 'Clint Bowyer' | #15 5-Hour Energy Chevrolet
5vu15u.png

Akmuq is a force to be reckoned with in Thunder this season. In fine spells of form in Touring Car series, he is able to muscle his way through and provide an Irish charm and charge to the finish. Not often seen in Nascar, he will be recognised soon enough. Not to forget, he also races in the single-make Swifts and has a real eye for short, fast and competitive races. He'll be looking for some more Irish luck this summer.

Chqr 'Denny Hamlin' | #11 FedEx Racing Chevrolet
rbfq5d.jpg

Almost a year into his GTP career, he has given many Championships a shot with varying degrees of success but found his niche in Nascar and Oval Racing. A Preseason win in Indycar has lifted his confidence and in hosting Nationwide, he has been able to hone his skills and further refine his driving ability to racing ability.

CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 'Brian Vickers' | #83 Red Bull Chevrolet
ztypux.png

Crazy is another magnificent veteran of Nascar and has participated in countless races and continues his love for Red Bull here in Thunder. He has an eye for talent and has scouted strong drivers for his Hendrick and Richard-Childress teams. In giving me the opportunity to run in the Cup and Nationwide, he is a superb owner and leads from the front. With his full-time job in the Sprint Cup, he has been able to qualify for the Chase for two seasons and be in the hunt week in-week out.

Furinkazen 'Kurt Busch' | #54 Monster Energy Chevrolet
2d9chlx.png

A very familiar face to GTP will looking to guide his Chevrolet to Victory Lane this season. Furi was the man who recruited me to GTP and is extremely friendly to all who races in his series. With spells of form in many series, he has been unable to grab a Championship but I'm sure his hardwork will pay off as he goes Independent for Thunder. Furi has drawn comparisons to Kevin Harvick concerning 'where did he come from?' and its just that racing ability that could be the difference in the Independents.

gokartman78 'Regan Smith' | #78 Denver Mattress & Furniture Row Chevrolet
20uzkpc.jpg

gokartman was another recruitment from Furinkazen and when I first saw gokartman in Online Nascar, he was one of few drivers to be able to run consistently well in the high-line. Gokartman has not only had success in Nascar Online but in Touring Cars and has given long-term racers a massive run for their money. He is the dark-horse for his one and you heard it here first.

amp_88_jr 'Dale Earnhardt Jr.' | #88 AMP Energy Chevrolet
fc056s.png

Ever improving in the Nationwide field, he is another very friendly face to Nascar and although unable to participate as much as he'd like, he is a fine driver with lots to prove. Representing Junior somewhat ironically, he was quick to join and I'm sure he will be quick to finish. The one to watch.

Carbonox 'Kevin Harvick' | #29 Budweiser Chevrolet
kd7829.png

The flying fin has literally being doing so over in the Nationwide this year. Although relatively unknown to GTP Nascar last year, he has set the series alight by comprehensively leading the standings with a few races to go. He also given his team Richard Childress a tidy points advantage. For me, Carbonox is one of the most gifted drivers out there. When I first started playing GTP, it was Carbonox always ontop of the raw pole position shootout and for the limited schedule he runs here, he will be wishing he ran a full one.

Jedijoe727 'Paul Menard' | #27 Menard's Chevrolet
2ladh6x.png

Jedi Joe has come to the Nascar Trucks scene and raced his heart out. Not only that, he has finished strongly and been a faithful regular. Turning up to Thunder, this summer, he'll be looking for that flash of form that will help make a name for himself as Jedi Joe rather than the 'average Joe' or 'JoeOfTheFire.' That said, much is expected of the driver who has bursted into the Nascar scene and starting to look like a very competent driver.

MULE_9242 'Steve Olliff' | #93 Gran Turismo Chevrolet
2hh3six.png

After returning to the GTP Nascar Sprint Cup this year, he quickly took control of Red Bull Racing. Leading his team to success in the Nationwide and Sprint Cup is made all the more remarkable because he did a lot of it himself. With ventures into single-make and Le Mans series, Mule has an eye for lots of types of motorsport, not the least Nascar. Thus, he is massively experienced and this will show in his part-time schedule he runs this summer.

Stormtrooper2178 'Cole Trickle' | #46 City Chevrolet
2laphrq.png

Stormtrooper is the latest entrant to the GTP Nascar Series network and with already pledging to drive in the Nationwide and now Thunder divisions, a lot is expected of the Pittsburgh driver. With Storm filling in the boots of Cole Trickle, it is very much a fitting title for a highly anticipated youngster who plans to although run a limited schedule but run strongly. I have lots of faith in him.

IndianWolf 'Danica Patrick' | #7 Dave & Buster's Chevrolet
2r2u34p.png

IndyWolf arrives from the IndyCar series with an exemplary reference from Tom as an 'outstanding' and 'excellent driver.' Much is expected of the new driver who is definitely not that new to the ovals and has a real talent and skill in harnessing the power of the IndyCars but can he handle the heat of a thunderous Corvette. In a full-time slot, he represents one of the 'freshmen' on the grid but I'm sure once he gets going, that will change.

Last edited:
Nice new profiles chqr 👍

You've put part of mine under Ryan's by the way:
He recently owns Ford Racing and Rick Ware Racing in Cup and Nationwide and has been the lifeline for his Nationwide team and alongside Tom has given his team 3 wins when he had to fill in for his own drivers.

Those are great little mini-bios. However, it does appear that I stole ownership of Ford Racing from Joe. :lol:

droptop2001gt | #28 Texaco Havoline Chevrolet
fz0wpj.png

The father of the Nascar scene himself, Ryan has staged one of the biggest growths in GTP series. In hosting the Sprint Cup Series, so much success has spilled over into the creation of the Nationwide, Trucks, IROC and ARCA divisions. A marksman for long races, he is always alert and forever working on his strategy. Ryan will be alongside Joe in a highly competitive stable and Championship but they're my pick for the Championsihp.

JoeOfTheFire | #94 McDonalds Chevrolet
2wrhj7l.png

Notorious for being supreme on road courses in the Sprint Cup and now Nationwide, he scares the socks off most drivers. The driver I'd least like to see in my mirrors is Joe. He has a real talent in racing and is able to set pole laps like its nobody's business and sets the bar extremely high for the field. With a Championship not being found in the Sprint Cup so far, he'll have eyes for this one alongside Ryan in the most star-studded stable of them all. He recently owns Ford Racing and Rick Ware Racing in Cup and Nationwide and has been the lifeline for his Nationwide team and alongside Tom has given his team 3 wins when he had to fill in for his own drivers.

I just realized that together, we are the three-time GTP NASCAR Truck Series champions. :cheers:

Can't help but say the field is tough. :embarrassed:

I know right. So glad so many people turned out and we're full after only really 4 days of having sign-ups which is amazing. The least I could do in return is make the Season Preview.

Feel free to tag along Carb and grab a reserve spot. Once, you've given me a car number, team name, you're in the preview. :)

Fixed the little issue there. Yeah, my bad, I was working in notepad and I had to keep scrolling back and forth to see the driver's name and I put it under the wrong guy. :ouch:

Haha. I've already had requests to change car sponsors. Someone would like a lingerie brand and someone else wants 'Speedo' on there's. Sorry folks, you signed your Sponsorship contracts and not much I could do to change that. :sly:

I know right. So glad so many people turned out and we're full after only really 4 days of having sign-ups which is amazing. The least I could do in return is make the Season Preview.

Feel free to tag along Carb and grab a reserve spot. Once, you've given me a car number, team name, you're in the preview. :)

Fixed the little issue there. Yeah, my bad, I was working in notepad and I had to keep scrolling back and forth to see the driver's name and I put it under the wrong guy. :ouch:

Might do if my Swift series ends before this season (it'll begin today and last for 7 rounds).

If I'm able to enter, I shall use my traditional #29 with a lime green coloring.

EDIT: Last two races are July, so why not. :D
EDIT2: Lol, I misread the dates, so they're Saturday eh... Well, if TOCA doesn't come until then, I can do at least the early races, maybe the late ones too.

Last edited:
Might do if my Swift series ends before this season (it'll begin today and last for 7 rounds).

If I'm able to enter, I shall use my traditional #29 with a lime green coloring.

EDIT: Last two races are July, so why not. :D

kd7829.png

Welcome, aboard. Preview being created now.

To any Nascar stalkers, there are still reserve slots and honestly just join before spots go. It doesn't matter if you race only a couple of weekends but join unless you have been DQed from Nationwide and you know who you are.

EDIT: You're in the preview officially.

Mule, IndyWolf and funkyDucks, no rush but if you could just drop a draft teamname and car number by me, you'll be in the preview. You are not missed out so don't worry as the entry list shows it correctly.

EDIT2: Just realised the #24, #48, #5, #14, #20 and #43 numbers are still open.

Last edited:
Firstly, quality write up Chqr, great read.

Knelly 'Kyle Busch' | #18 M&Ms Chevrolet
2la3u53.png

Knelly in his traditional #18 will once again put 'pedal to the metal' and give the young boys of the Nascar scene a run for their money. Despite being one of the older drivers, he drivers cars as if he stole it and is afraid of nothing. He loves a challenge and has had much success in IROC, Sprint Cup and IndyCar in recent times. With bags and bags of experience and race victories, the only thing missing on his CV is a Championship win and alongside sensational rookie, Nater, we can expect many things from this stable.

Nater_racing21 'Trevor Bayne' | #21 Motorcraft Chevrolet
23jsnqv.png

One of the finest young drivers to enter 2012, he has burst through the mould and early racing nerves to take victories in a few GTP series this year. With notable ventures into Trucks, IROC and Nationwide, he has been a very consistent performer in all that he does. He works extremely hard outside of the track and that is remarkable attribute to have going into this one.

To remind you we are Silver Death Motorsports (yes the same 'Death' that was created by me, being used in Carbons team name from when we were team mates).

Also, although I live in the South East now, how on earth did you know that I am a born and bred Scouser? I've put in bold the bit that I am referring to :lol:

Plus, the spelling mistake :sly:

Need to put this in my sig now. Good work 👍

Alright, thanks!

GTP Username: Jedi Joe
PSN Username: jedijoe727
Team Name: Average Joe Motorsports
Car Number: #27
Independent

Alright, thanks!

GTP Username: Jedi Joe
PSN Username: jedijoe727
Team Name: Average Joe Motorsports
Car Number: #27
Independent

Welcome, aboard. I'm writing you a Driver Profile as I speak.

2ladh6x.png

Done. Its the post above / OPs.

Last edited:
The ME car was after Rick Bobby got fired from Dennit, btw.

c'mon, guys.

Nice series. I'll be keeping an eye on you guys to see how things go. I might join your Nationwide series next season.

GTP Username: MÜLE_9242
PSN Username: MULE_9242
Team Name: MÜLE Mötorsport
Car Number: 93
Single-Car or Two-Car Team?: Single

I do not want any affiliation with any Nascar driver who has ever used 93, especially not that idiot David Reutimann.

Nice series. I'll be keeping an eye on you guys to see how things go. I might join your Nationwide series next season.

I have 2 reserve spots open. 👍
There's no guarantee the current 16 are going to the 16 that start every weekend.

EDIT: You've been added to the Preview, Mule.

Last edited:
No problem chqr. Thanks for adding me to the reserve list 👍.

Not trying to sound dumb, but do reserve drivers get to make their own car/team?

Back