GTP NASCAR Thunder Series // Joe, JuanLessJetDryer, Joe and Chqr win!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 609 comments

Should we change Race 14 (14 laps of Daytona Oval) and if so to what?

• 5 laps of Monza (No Chicanes)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
TalladegaNightsRickyBobby62.jpeg

If you look back to see the Thunderbat in your mirror, only one thing should go through your mind at that point:

EDIT: If there's a second season I could stay with Bill Elliott and superheroes by going for his #9 Spider-man Dodge, with the 60's Spider-man intro music.

Last edited:
Done all the Driver Profiles I could do with the information that has been posted by everyone.

3 Team Slots left!

5 Independent Slots left!

I've scrapped the Age Championship idea so its now 3 Championships - Teams', Independents' and Overall.

But, I will introduce the 'Oval Champion' title - for the driver with the most points on the 11 Ovals and the 'Road Champion' title - for the driver who with the most points in the 4 Road Courses. I'd just like to remind you that the Road Course events are the shortest and do not clash with WTCC so any Touring Car drivers could go for this Championship if they wish. With the introduction of these titles, I hope drivers take to the track for the Road Course events with another Championship in mind.

You can drop 3 of your worst points finishes towards ONLY the Overall Championship. If a driver is away for a Team, you may hire a reserve and those drivers are shown in the table in the OP now. You cannot drop points finishes towards the Teams' Championship and Independents' Championship. Both drivers' finishing positions go towards the Teams' Championship.

For Daytona, you may leave pit road before turn 1 if there is no oncoming traffic.
For Indy, you MUST use the pit road till you're around turn 2.

Bump-drafting is permitted as this is Nascar after all.

A Month to go so no rush but great to have some many drivers on board. Very fortunate to have such a great community around my two series and I look forward to welcoming a few more.

Last edited:
Can you add IROC II champion and NASCAR Trucks S3 champion to this?

joeicon.png

Maybe so it reads as "IndyCar, IROC II, and NASCAR Trucks S3 champion".

Can you add IROC II champion and NASCAR Trucks S3 champion to this?

joeicon.png

Maybe so it reads as "IndyCar, IROC II, and NASCAR Trucks S3 champion".

I contemplated it but then Niop will come knocking on my door wanting 'IROC Champion' on his. I'll see what I can do. 👍

But, I will introduce the 'Oval Champion' title - for the driver with the most points on the 11 Ovals and the 'Road Champion' title - for the driver who with the most points in the 4 Road Courses. I'd just like to remind you that the Road Course events are the shortest and do not clash with WTCC so any Touring Car drivers could go for this Championship if they wish. With the introduction of these titles, I hope drivers take to the track for the Road Course events with another Championship in mind.

As long as ACDC doesn't poke his nose in here, you're one of the favourites for the Oval Championship title, Knelly. Given your stella IROC I form and recent Cup form, you're one to beat. You definitely got a shout in the Independents' Championship if you so wish to run for that. 👍

Because this series is short, exciting and requires a fair amount of tuning and strategy, I want to reward drivers with the opportunity of winning some series titles. Think of this series as an All-Star Series all on a level playing field. I can't wait to get this show on the road. I might host a Preseason night on the Friday before if anyone's up for it whether in the series or not.

Last edited:
Feel free to throw Daytona 500/Coca Cola 600 Champion on my list.

Now if I can just add a Brickyard 400 win, I'll own the career triple crown for NASCAR. :)

I have a Full Power Daytona 500, plus a number of Oval wins in IROC, Sprint and Indycar.

None of the four Majors in Sprint Cup though, till this weekend at least :sly:

I have a Full Power Daytona 500, plus a number of Oval wins in IROC, Sprint and Indycar.

None of the four Majors in Sprint Cup though, till this weekend at least :sly:

The Southern 300 at a created psuedo-Darlington just doesn't have the same luster to me as a 400-500 mile race at Motegi Oval would have. I'm really hoping we get Motegi Oval as DLC, as it would immediately replace the created Darlington in our schedule going forward.

^ That's a good looking car.

I need to make some money so I can buy my car and get it ready.

That was the joke.

Here's a sneak-peek of what will be in victory lane in a few weeks :sly::
Picture021.jpg

Picture020.jpg

The AMP Energy®/AMP Motors Corvette.
You can keep thinking that. The black #3 will be seeing victory lane.

Chqr, you should change the title to GTP NASCAR Thunder Series, to fit in with all the others that this elite group of drivers run in 👍

GTP Username: akmuq
PSN Username: GTP_akmuq
Team Name: AK Motorsport
Car Number: 15
Single-Car or Two-Car Team?: Single

255hz7q.png

Welcome aboard, Akmuq. Always a space for you, mate.

Filling up the Independents' field which is good.

Any stalkers from the WTCC, there is the Road Championship Title which the driver of the most points in the 4 Road Course races wins and all Road Course races are at 6.30pm BST lasting 15 minutes only so feel free to sign-up and our Season Opener is in your Mid-Season break.

This series starts at 5pm GMT and finishes at 7pm GMT so theee is no clash.
👍

Last edited:
Yeah, competition in all categories.

As nobody wanted to take me up on the team mate offer, I'll definitely run Independent in this.

Knelly, check your PMs. I think you have a very willing partner wanting to work with you.

Hey Chqr! I could provide prizes for the top-3 finishers via my AMP Motors thread, the top-3 could pick 1 item from the thread.

Hey Chqr! I could provide prizes for the top-3 finishers via my AMP Motors thread, the top-3 could pick 1 item from the thread.

Go for it, mate. I'll dish out Ticket 1000 or Level 24 Tickets for winners of the 5 Championships so that's 6 drivers altogether but yeah, mate.

You're all wrong. We'll see Ricky Bobby in the Winners' Circle.

Have you actually signed up mate?

EDIT: Ah you have, just didn't see a driver image like everyone else has.

Have you actually signed up mate?

EDIT: Ah you have, just didn't see a driver image like everyone else has.

He no special enough yet. In time grasshopper, you will grow old and have a profile.

Only joking, getting to work over this weekend fixing a few and giving him one.

Just a thought, if we get Motegi (which should be mid to late June) you could add that to the Japan tour over one of the SSRX rounds?

Back