GTP NASCAR Thunder Series // Joe, JuanLessJetDryer, Joe and Chqr win!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 609 comments

Should we change Race 14 (14 laps of Daytona Oval) and if so to what?

• 5 laps of Monza (No Chicanes)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So, you guys up for some practice after Nationwide?

Niop's in charge tonight so I'll let him organise that but by all means, go for it.

I'm thinking of having a launch night on the Friday the 15th June at normal race times for just a get together and some fun races. Non-points and non-compulsory but a bit of banter and fun. It would also help serve to see which of the very few new drivers might be lagging but I'm sure we'll be fine.

For the HSR40 night, I will have a Thunder test session after the race as that race is very short.

EDIT: Sprint Cup is off tonight so I'm told so Tom if you want I can publicise a test session here for you if you want to.

GTP: Stormtrooper217
PSN: Stormtrooper2178
Team: Northeast Racing
Car Number: 51 (Cole Trickle "Mello Yello")
One or Two Car Team?: One

I will attempt to run as many races as possible, though with my disastrous sleeping schedule I might miss a round or two. :lol:

GTP: Stormtrooper217
PSN: Stormtrooper2178
Team: Northeast Racing
Car Number: 51 (Cole Trickle "Mello Yello")
One or Two Car Team?: One

I will attempt to run as many races as possible, though with my disastrous sleeping schedule I might miss a round or two. :lol:

Welcome! Glad to have you here. You're in the preview too.

No worries but you will have the chance to race and I'm glad you here, buddy. A lot of drivers are running part-time so you will be able to run and I can't wait to see in the Nationwide too.

One last slot remaining before I'll have to call it enough and boy I must thank all of you drivers that have signed up. Its been truly incredible to have so much interest so soon and it was you guys who took in the initiative to support me on this so massive kudos to you all. đź‘Ť

I'm already pumped for this series and i'm hungrier than ever for wins, even though this is only my first season.

I chose to drive as Cole Trickle as I felt like "driving" as someone "different" than the others, kind of like the guy driving as Ricky Bobby.

And yes, i'm a youngster alright. Just turned 14 a week ago. But age doesn't matter, it's all about skill.

I'm already pumped for this series and i'm hungrier than ever for wins, even though this is only my first season.

I chose to drive as Cole Trickle as I felt like "driving" as someone "different" than the others, kind of like the guy driving as Ricky Bobby.

And yes, i'm a youngster alright. Just turned 14 a week ago. But age doesn't matter, it's all about skill.

Indeed, aren't we all?

I look forward to seeing what you can do especially in Nationwide next season.

These races are short and exciting and are exactly what Nascar encompasses and is heading towards. The car is very different but shares similar qualities to a Nascar and we should have an array of different colour cars and paint schemes.

I'm uploading tables in a bit. 1 slot remains before I will have to say enough is enough.

EDIT: Still no sign or response from homeslice yet as he was last online a week ago. Hopefully, he'll be around for this. We shall see.

Last edited:
The BHP set is 550. However the room options only set at 552, so would suggest resetting the BHP in the OP to this?

The cars run good with this setting

When it's race day, is it first come first served when entering the room?

Well, first of all. I'll be checking everyone's lag in the first test sessions and ensure everyone is good to go racing.

I know a lot of drivers here are part-time so it is first come first-served but teams and earlier 16 applicants have priority IF there is an overbook for a race weekend.

Hope that makes sense so it is a first-come first-served.

I'm going to work on my router tonight but is everyone up for a test session after Nationwide tonight.

Well, first of all. I'll be checking everyone's lag in the first test sessions and ensure everyone is good to go racing.

I know a lot of drivers here are part-time so it is first come first-served but teams and earlier 16 applicants have priority IF there is an overbook for a race weekend.

Hope that makes sense so it is a first-come first-served.

I'm going to work on my router tonight but is everyone up for a test session after Nationwide tonight.

yea, i should be there, what time does nationwide finish?

Can my name be taken off the list. My internet problems are taking longer than expected to be solved and I don't want to jeopardize this event with my current lag.

Thunder Test Session in my room.

5 guys in already.

Some fun races @ Daytona and places.

1472 - 4710 - 9995 - 5395 - 4028

Ignore the Lobby title. :)

Last edited:
Chqr
Thunder Test Session in my room.

5 guys in already.

Some fun races @ Daytona and places.

I would but the CL final is on. :)

Car

6691564935_f0fefa3d54_z.jpg

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09
All tuning modifications permitted.
Power restricted to 552bhp.
Minimum weight of 1150kg.
Racing Soft tires only.
No Aids except ABS.
Mechanical Damage is OFF to prevent lag.
Visual Damage is OFF to prevent lag.
Fuel Consumption and Tire Wear is ON but turned off for road courses.
Grip Reduction is set to REAL.
Slipstream is set to WEAK.
Boost is OFF.
Mics are ON.
Finish Delay is 1 minute.
NO CAUTIONS - use this as an extra motivation to RACE CLEAN.​

After much deliberation.
BHP is now 552BHP because of PD's stupid parameters.
Minimum weight is 1150kg.

Fuel Consumption and Tire Wear are off for the four road courses because of extreme tire degradation. Tom made the excellent point that the series is about short sprint races and not about pit strategy in the 10 minute races.

Tom is currently hosting the test session now. If worst comes to worst as in my connection does not hold up but it has done so very well tonight, Tom will host. Kudos to him for doing so.

Can you stop sending me PSN messages when I'm in the middle of a race please? Very annoying and distracting.

MĂśLE_9242;7107973
Can you stop sending me PSN messages when I'm in the middle of a race please? Very annoying and distracting.

Very sorry. I think it was Tom who reminded me that you were in a race. So sorry to you, Furinkazen and Carbonox. My bad folks.

EDIT: I thought you were AFK or doing B-Spec or something so I was just trying to remind you but that wasn't the case.

I'm enjoying this. Very fun and intense racing. I got bumped into the wall around 4 times in (my) first race, though, so I finished in the back. In the second race, only wrecked cars could make me catch up. Thank goodness for the two drivers in front of me wrecking! :lol:

Sorry didn't reply. Only stuck on PS to watch a film.

No worries.

I'm enjoying this. Very fun and intense racing. I got bumped into the wall around 4 times in (my) first race, though, so I finished in the back. In the second race, only wrecked cars could make me catch up. Thank goodness for the two drivers in front of me wrecking! :lol:

I for one am glad with how this series is panning out compared to the recent misfortunes of other series.

Everyone here are recognised, good, clean and experienced drivers. We have a willing host on standby, Tom and I'm not afraid to let him host if my connection does not connect to everyone but it has held up very well since my last upgrade. The car is lovely to drive. So much grip and the car is very nimble, agile and exciting at this bhp. You are also able to bump-draft but the time difference between bump-drafting and standard-drafting is minimal. There is not much in the way of tuning differentiation as the cars are very nice to handle. The ballast factor has gone too. The tire degradation on the oval races will be exciting and we should have good turnouts every week with 20 drivers signed up and raring to go.

I cannot thank you enough and I look forward to welcoming all of you guys to this.

Chqr - I'm going single car
Number - 7
Team Name - Dave & Buster's Chevrolet

EDIT: Sorry I haven't been posting around here lately, had to tie up some loose ends

Last edited:
chqr, I just noticed that Cole Trickle's City Chevrolet car has 46 as it's number. Could you change my #51 to #46 please? I'm not asking for much.

Can't wait for June. Hopefully I don't have anything to do on the day of the inaugural race.

Chqr - I'm going single car
Number - 7
Team Name - Dave & Buster's Chevrolet

EDIT: Sorry I haven't been posting around here lately, had to tie up some loose ends

Updated. Glad to have you here, buddy.

chqr, I just noticed that Cole Trickle's City Chevrolet car has 46 as it's number. Could you change my #51 to #46 please? I'm not asking for much.

Can't wait for June. Hopefully I don't have anything to do on the day of the inaugural race.

Updated. No problem.

EDIT: 20 drivers, signed up. Not taking any more entries unless its a Cup or recognised Nationwide driver. Really good field and no need for a nobody to come in and mess it up.

Last edited:
New patch has updated the sound on the Camaro RM, which sounds like a beast now...

This sound has transferred over to the 'Vette... it may not be totally authentic but its fresh grunty, and epic đź‘Ť

Fire up the Corvette C6R's (I love to call them that) boys!!!

Last edited:
New sounds an better FFB from the wheel. Im in geaven. Did a quick test session and turn has been dramatically fixed.... I for see GMPP/Katech on the podiums on the road courses..

Back