GTP NASCAR Thunder Series // Joe, JuanLessJetDryer, Joe and Chqr win!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 609 comments

Should we change Race 14 (14 laps of Daytona Oval) and if so to what?

• 5 laps of Monza (No Chicanes)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Chqr, put DBC in the team chart already, and me out of the independent chart. :sly:

You've been updated in my official excel spreadsheets.

Updated standings coming after tonight as I've been so busy with social and school stuff...

Start is at the end of Nationwide which is predicted to be at 7.30pm our time Furi.

There will be limited / no qualifying for the first race. Its Daytona anyway.

You've been updated in my official excel spreadsheets.

Updated standings coming after tonight as I've been so busy with social and school stuff...

Start is at the end of Nationwide which is predicted to be at 7.30pm our time Furi.

There will be limited / no qualifying for the first race. Its Daytona anyway.

Good, this means people can't just sneak in better laps than me with qualifying setups. :sly:

What's the fastest recorded lap so far in Daytona anyway?

Good, this means people can't just sneak in better laps than me with qualifying setups. :sly:

What's the fastest recorded lap so far in Daytona anyway?

45.7xx by RFLX and I believe Tom as well.

I did 6 laps on tyres and finished 3rd at Le Mans in Sprint Cup...

Meanwhile the winner did 0 stops over the 10 lap distance. :sly:

EDIT: With Drop now unable to compete in Thunder, I will be changing to an independent 1 car team under the name of One Man Motors. I'll be keeping the car number and paint scheme.

Last edited:
DrifterJoe
Meanwhile the winner did 0 stops over the 10 lap distance. :sly:

EDIT: With Drop now unable to compete in Thunder, I will be changing to an independent 1 car team under the name of One Man Motors. I'll be keeping the car number and paint scheme.

You should take Tom's spot and join me on Juan less jet dryer. :sly:

DrifterJoe
Sounds like a plan. :sly: Do you have a setup I can use? I've not really got anything decent. I'll do the paint scheme now...
I haven't done any testing since the Daytona practice day, so no setups yet. I'm probably just going to make something stable prior to the race.

It was a cool inaugural round, but people really seemed to push each other way too crazily. It's a surprise I was only caught up in a major wreck in Race 3. Anyway, great job for DBC for 2 of 3 wins and hopefully a comfortable championship lead. :cheers:

I can guarantee from testing that Daytona is by far the wildest track we race at.

We head to Indy next weekend with a Road Course to kick off proceedings.

Its a GRID START.

Great turnout today, lads. Standings up tomorrow due to again 'women issues.'

I can guarantee from testing that Daytona is by far the wildest track we race at.

We head to Indy next weekend with a Road Course to kick off proceedings.

Its a GRID START.

Great turnout today, lads. Standings up tomorrow due to again 'women issues.'

Surely those 'women issues' must be kinda... you know, minor? :indiff:

A respectable 4th place finish in the last race was my best.

In race 1, I finished 9th, with chqr barely passing me for 8th after an incident with him. Very intense, but as Carbonox said, too much aggressiveness. There should be a ban on going 3 wide on turns and 4 wide on straightaways.

In race 2, I finished 10th after a similar incident, this one being worse than that of the last.

A ban on 3 wide racing on the corners would be a good rule to add. It would encourage passing on the straights where there are more opportunities.

Man, what have you got yourself into? :nervous:

I do agree with the above posts, there's really some stupidity in people who don't seem to understand the car's power and believe it's possible to keep on bump drafting in corners just like in regular NASCAR cars.

A ban on 3 wide racing on the corners would be a good rule to add. It would encourage passing on the straights where there are more opportunities.

There are some nutters who will try again and it would be difficult if someone checks up and cars spread around him and is that 3-wide? If so, how can we give a penalty?

Its a few weeks before he head back to Daytona and I think today was a one-off in terms of getting used to the feel of the car and adjusting accordingly.

Indy has been really exciting in testing where multiple grooves can be run and the cars are less erratic and the 'draft suction effect' is almost gone.

Good point about "getting used to the car". I would say that you could penalize the drivers who are responsible for causing the 3-wide situation. However, only penalize them if they make it 3-wide when they could clearly avoid such a situation. As in, when everything is normal, 2-wide action on the turns, someone goes on the outside or inside and makes it 3-wide.

I do think it could be hard to enforce this rule, but it may just make the racing more enjoyable.

I had a blast. The 3-wide incidents that didn't end up in several cars spinning were great. I personally don't think a 3-wide ban would be good, it would be like when NASCAR banned bump drafting back in the fall Talladega race in 09'. I think we all remember how boring it was.

These cars at Daytona remind me of the old cup car, where bump drafting was dangerous in the corners. I think once we all get used to these things, the next Daytona trip will be a lot better.

EDIT: Once I see the results, I will be sending the prizes to the top 3 finishers. The pictures of #2 & 3 prizes will be posted in my previous post on the last page.

Last edited:
Back