GTP NASCAR Thunder Series // Joe, JuanLessJetDryer, Joe and Chqr win!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 609 comments

Should we change Race 14 (14 laps of Daytona Oval) and if so to what?

• 5 laps of Monza (No Chicanes)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The grid was wrong at the start so i decided to not race. I don't understand why the host didn't go ahead and ask for a proper restart. I work long time to find good tunes and do a decent quali lap. So it's definitely not fair if there's no restart when the start grid is wrong.

I don't think this car belongs to road courses... That race was so messed up.

And I have no idea how wrong the grid was, because I had no knowledge of the real order, but yeah, the race shouldn't count if the grid was wrong.

The grid was wrong at the start so i decided to not race. I don't understand why the host didn't go ahead and ask for a proper restart. I work long time to find good tunes and do a decent quali lap. So it's definitely not fair if there's no restart when the start grid is wrong.

I understand your point but why should you rage quit the race. It was only 7 laps and the entire qualifying order is messed up so even though I could write down the order, that might not be the correct one we should line up in.

When the race starts, the race starts and its short anyway.

I understand your point but why should you rage quit the race. It was only 7 laps and the entire qualifying order is messed up so even though I could write down the order, that might not be the correct one we should line up in.

Why not add a formation lap? This type of a start can kill someone's race if he qualifies high but gets put down low and then gets caught up in a first lap wreck. Didn't happen here, but could happen if similar circumstances occur again.

Nah, there's no excuse man. I rage quited cause i've principles. If the grid is wrong, the grid is wrong, that's all. Even if it's a short race or any else.
You can understand that i not just rage quited cause I had the pole and i finally was 3rd on the grid. It's just a principle question you see.

Why not add a formation lap? This type of a start can kill someone's race if he qualifies high but gets put down low and then gets caught up in a first lap wreck. Didn't happen here, but could happen if similar circumstances occur again.

I feel that the grid order anyway is not correct as what PD might show on the screen as the grid order that I take not of - it might not be correct. The whole system in my book is incorrect.

Hmmm, if everyone is in favour of a rolling start on the road courses, we'll implement it for next week.

Nah, there's no excuse man. I rage quited cause i've principles. If the grid is wrong, the grid is wrong, that's all. Even if it's a short race or any else.
You can understand that i not just rage quited cause I had the pole and i finally was 3rd on the grid. It's just a principle question you see.

Totally understandable. 👍

Totally understandable. 👍

So for the next please, or you decide for a restart, or you decide for a rolling start.

I just lost 20 points in this race btw, just because of your wrong judgement about the situation.

So for the next please, or you decide for a restart, or you decide for a rolling start.

I just lost 20 points in this race btw, just because of your wrong judgement about the situation.

We'll do rolling starts from next week.

You chose to rage-quit mate. Other drivers lost positions on the grid order but didn't rage quit.

Besides, DBC still will cash in this weekend.

Other drivers lost positions on the grid order but didn't rage quit.

Maybe cause they don't have principle, or maybe they are afraid you don't choose for a restart, that what you did. Sorry but I'm a competitor and i have principles.
When the grid is wrong everybody should go ahead and ask for a restart. We definitely can't trust to the PD quali system anyway, we know this since the 2.0.
I'm here cause i want to participate in a sim racing competition. I'm not here just for laughing, or joking or any else you see.
Or i race in a real competition, or i don't race.
Sorry to say that.

Maybe cause they don't have principle, or maybe they are afraid you don't choose for a restart, that what you did. Sorry but I'm a competitor and i have principles.
When the grid is wrong everybody should go ahead and ask for a restart. We definitely can't trust to the PD quali system anyway, we know this since the 2.0.
I'm here cause i want to participate in a sim racing competition. I'm not here just for laughing, or joking or any else you see.
Or i race in a real competition, or i don't race.
Sorry to say that.

Your point has been made. We will use rolling starts from next week. I apologise for not restarting the race once again.

This is my series and you will play by my rules. I totally understand your side of things and if I were in your situation, I would not be happy but I would also handle it differently.

For reasons like this is why I really do not enjoy hosting anymore. I try my hardest to incorporate many different exciting elements into my series and try my best to do a good job of hosting but it seems whatever I do, PD undermine me and I get stick.

Thanks for your understanding.

And sorry to all guys who read my posts, but you know i'm french and i don't find the kind words for a critical situation sometimes.

I totally understand you about hosting a series is not an easy work dude. I did for the WSGTC Season 3 and i promise it's a hard work.

Thanks for all your work. Not all is perfect, but nobody is perfect, we are human ;)

Complete mess...

Chqr's fault for AFKing when the race hadn't started. I see no reason in doing a 3rd race now...

we had some randomers join, then i got disconnected, did anything else happen?

Everyone got DC'd because Chqr went offline, then he cancelled the series.. :odd:

Well seems unfair to just leave everyone. We can talk about in the lobby. Please Chqr, why scrap this?

Don't have time, patience and belief in this series or hosting for that matter.

Simply, season cancelled and fed up.

JoeOfTheFire is Champion.
DeathByCarbon are Team Champions.
CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 is Independent Champion.

Don't have time, patience and belief in this series or hosting for that matter.

Simply, season cancelled and fed up.

JoeOfTheFire is Champion.
DeathByCarbon are Team Champions.
CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 is Independent Champion.

Wow. I didn't see this coming...

Latest Posts

Back