GTP NASCAR Thunder Series // Joe, JuanLessJetDryer, Joe and Chqr win!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 609 comments

Should we change Race 14 (14 laps of Daytona Oval) and if so to what?

• 5 laps of Monza (No Chicanes)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Me and Niop should've stayed out at Indy... would have probably still been an easy 1-2 for us. For the second SSRX race I realised that a 1-2 in any order would also be good, as well as needing a train of guys working together to pass us for the win (which doesn't happen at the end of a race at SSRX. It's every man for himself). The first SSRX race WAS just every man for himself at the end, when I probably should have found Niop again. Also, I'm 2 for 2 at road courses now. ;)

Me and Niop should've stayed out at Indy... would have probably still been an easy 1-2 for us. For the second SSRX race I realised that a 1-2 in any order would also be good, as well as needing a train of guys working together to pass us for the win (which doesn't happen at the end of a race at SSRX. It's every man for himself). The first SSRX race WAS just every man for himself at the end, when I probably should have found Niop again. Also, I'm 2 for 2 at road courses now. ;)
Nice driving out there. Turns out we were too fast for our own good at Indy, I think once we got the gap on the field we should have backed it off and took it easy to make the one stop work. Oh well, still had a decent finish. SuzE was a disaster for me, just happy to come survive with a 4th place finish. On the first SSRX race I tried to time it so when Mule made his move I would be there to push you, but I bounced off of someone(think it was Mule) and went right past. Thanks for the push on the second race though. 👍

Chqr, you're a hard man to pass on SuzE. You made it very hard for me, both times. You had some good speed there. Nice job with the write-up as well.

Nice driving out there. Turns out we were too fast for our own good at Indy, I think once we got the gap on the field we should have backed it off and took it easy to make the one stop work. Oh well, still had a decent finish. SuzE was a disaster for me, just happy to come survive with a 4th place finish. On the first SSRX race I tried to time it so when Mule made his move I would be there to push you, but I bounced off of someone(think it was Mule) and went right past. Thanks for the push on the second race though. 👍

Chqr, you're a hard man to pass on SuzE. You made it very hard for me, both times. You had some good speed there. Nice job with the write-up as well.

Really? I thought I yielded to you on Suzuka East at least the second time. Nonetheless, great race and it feels good to know that if I put in the effort, I get decent race performance.

Looking ahead to S2. Would you guys be interested in the following:

3-meeting regular season.
2-meeting chase.
top 8 in points qualify for chase.
2 wildcards two.

450bhp / 1450kg Camaro, Challenger and Mustang Recent Models. No superchargers.

3-races per meeting. all races 15 minutes. One tire compound. Tire wear on for all races.

Of course, I'm not going to head-2-head with another Nascar series so this may be a little appendix season where, when we have season breaks, I might make those season breaks, meeting races for this season this summer.

We'll see.

I like the cars and specs. Not totally sure if I like the Chase scenario though.

Make it like Vintage NASCAR where I basically slot it in wherever it fits; hell, there's been a 7 month gap between S1 and 2 of that.

Maybe stick with the American supercar theme?

I like the cars and specs. Not totally sure if I like the Chase scenario though.

Make it like Vintage NASCAR where I basically slot it in wherever it fits; hell, there's been a 7 month gap between S1 and 2 of that.

Maybe stick with the American supercar theme?

All in the pipeline for S2.

I'm really not a fan of the 'drop race' situation so I'd like to investigate ways of getting round this. I hope we can meet a safe ground where all results count no matter what like various other series employ.

American supercar theme. Hmmm, I'm looking at Dodge and Ford for comparative manufacturer racing but its difficult to equalise them as well as the Camaro, Challenger and Mustang are. I'd like to carry on with the American Car Theme though nonetheless.

An interesting wild car choice I've thought of is the Buick GNX which is tucked away in the game as a standard car. Really vintage looking Nascar there.

Looked at the GNX for Vintage NASCAR in the past, that would be an awesome idea 👍

Great league Chqr! The racing yesterday makes me sad I missed the first two weeks. Keep up the good work man. 👍

I noticed all three of my GTP wins came at draft tracks (2 truck wins at Daytona + 1 Thunder win at SSRX). Maybe my nickname should be "Crapshot". lol

For S2 specs stick to a one-make spec with an American car whether it be a Corvette, Camaro, Challenger, Mustang, or GNX. I wouldn't do makes and a chase, don't over-complicate it, thats why we have the SprintCup and Nationwide series to be overly-complicated :lol:. Keep it how you have it. This formula works well. And maybe shorten all 3 races to 15min each or just leave it since majority likes it. But then some drivers want double points for longer races so......I'm kinda 50/50 with that.

Thank you guys for all the feedback.

Given Knelly's euroRacecar, Storm's Japan, Furi's Trucks, Tom's Vintage, Mule's Nationwide and Ryan's Sprint Cup, S2 will be put on hold for a bit but there's a lot GTP Nascar related that's getting me excited.

Thank you for the co-operation in last week's restart at Suzuka. It worked well and we had a good race. Although I'm definitely not putting that track back for S2.

Nonetheless, I believe Furi has worked out a way of getting around the qualification issue and it seems to work. Essentially, the room is reset by changing back and forth tracks, timer is set and we go green. We will use this for this weekend.

I hope to see a slightly bigger turnout this weekend.

Yes, I'm looking at you Drop, fastfox, Akmuq and Knelly - the non-show drivers for this season.

We're going back into Public lobbies. After testing hosting with drivers and discussion with other race hosts. Private lobbies are good for small grids (2-10) and public lobbies good for large grids (12-16).

I'm expecting a good turnout this week. My broadband has been upgraded.

Also, Furinkazen will be employed for S2 as a co-host so there's a little spoiler. He'll be the official S2 room host as he's good at that kind of thing.

I'm also going to invite Neljack along to this. He's planning on going into Nationwide.

Thank you guys for all the feedback.

Given Knelly's euroRacecar, Storm's Japan, Furi's Trucks, Tom's Vintage, Mule's Nationwide and Ryan's Sprint Cup, S2 will be put on hold for a bit but there's a lot GTP Nascar related that's getting me excited.

Thank you for the co-operation in last week's restart at Suzuka. It worked well and we had a good race. Although I'm definitely not putting that track back for S2.

Nonetheless, I believe Furi has worked out a way of getting around the qualification issue and it seems to work. Essentially, the room is reset by changing back and forth tracks, timer is set and we go green. We will use this for this weekend.

I hope to see a slightly bigger turnout this weekend.

Yes, I'm looking at you Drop, fastfox, Akmuq and Knelly - the non-show drivers for this season.

We're going back into Public lobbies. After testing hosting with drivers and discussion with other race hosts. Private lobbies are good for small grids (2-10) and public lobbies good for large grids (12-16).

I'm expecting a good turnout this week. My broadband has been upgraded.

Also, Furinkazen will be employed for S2 as a co-host so there's a little spoiler. He'll be the official S2 room host as he's good at that kind of thing.

I'm also going to invite Neljack along to this. He's planning on going into Nationwide.

:gtpflag:

Will be late this week, away on a day trip. But I will still be racing.

I quite enjoy this series being an invitation only grid so I hope we can keep the integrity of that still alive even if we are going to be Furi-fied.

I quite enjoy this series being an invitation only grid so I hope we can keep the integrity of that still alive even if we are going to be Furi-fied.

:lol: Whats that supposed to mean? :lol:

:lol: Whats that supposed to mean? :lol:

I'm suggesting you bring in drivers we have never heard of into your series who are not necessarily clean and fast.

Of course, its slightly hypocritical as DaveMay signed with us for S1 of Nationwide but nonetheless, I hope you understand. ;)

I'm suggesting you bring in drivers we have never heard of into your series who are not necessarily clean and fast.

Of course, its slightly hypocritical as DaveMay signed with RCR for S1 of Nationwide but nonetheless, I hope you understand. ;)

Reminds me of IROC III which will be primarily invite-only, you know anything about that Chqr? :sly:

I heard it was nothing but max-power Veyrons on Comfort Hards at the 'Ring 24H course.

As i don't have SSRX (and i definitely don't plan to buy it), i can't race the round 8 and 9 :(

I just got SSRX, Motegi, GTR Stealth, McLaren Stealth, DLC car pack 2 and 3, all chrome line cars.... free ;)

I asked to one of my friends (who have already those special cars and all DLC packs) to give me his PSN login. So i created an account on my PS3 with his PSN and then i was able to free download all the DLC and cars he already bought earlier.

I can use all this on my GTP_Litchi account but i have to keep his account on my PS3 (cause DLC are downloaded from his account).

Simple, but you must have a friend who trust to you to do this :sly:

I honestly don't know how the hell I got spun on the SSRX night race. All I know is that chqr ended up getting loose and hitting me.

Just leave a message here or PM me and we'll postpone the relative race by up to 5 minutes folks if you're running late.

If I was to rate my attendance, with 50% being "late but going to make it" and 100% being "will make it for all of it"... I say I am am now 75% instead of 50% :D

Can you please make it earlier again? Only 30 minutes between the start of Race 3 and WTCC qualifying as it stands, and it may not be enough.

Back