GTP NASCAR Truck Series S2 - Droptop2001gt Champion!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 495 comments

The Draft - Low or High?

• Low!

Votes: 30 71.4%
  • High!

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Furi, I gotta say I'm not too excited for an F150 only series. What got me excited was the variety of trucks in the field. Nothing against the F150, but surely we could get them all evened up. I would help if you'd like.

Furi, I gotta say I'm not too excited for an F150 only series. What got me excited was the variety of trucks in the field. Nothing against the F150, but surely we could get them all evened up. I would help if you'd like.

Agreed. I like that the different trucks have inherent advantages at different tracks. I still think slapping another ~30-50kgs on the Toyota should even the field pretty well.

Go on then, put me down, but doubt I'll be able to make all races.

What I can say is that mine will be Green (of some description). All my Fords are green - where allowed 👍

I'll try to make it, but I am going to commit fully to the Sprint Cup Series II this time. So if the time was altered maybe just a little to fit both in, that'd be great! But if not, then just count me as part-time and I will try to make what I can.

No, remember my enforcing of the rule last season at HSR Wet?:lol: Lapping Crazy_Bass who was going about 40 MPH sideways in 6th gear, had no grip for half a lap.:lol:

Ya I remember a lot of that all too well :irked:

I'll try to make it, but I am going to commit fully to the Sprint Cup Series II this time. So if the time was altered maybe just a little to fit both in, that'd be great! But if not, then just count me as part-time and I will try to make what I can.

BTW nm as u run on Sunday duh....so I'm in full time. So let me guess...this starts after WSM is over?

And, I like the Short Track!!👍

BTW nm as u run on Sunday duh....so I'm in full time. So let me guess...this starts after WSM is over?

And, I like the Short Track!!👍

This is a saturday, runs before the Sprint Cup like it did in Season 1

Oddly enough, it also corresponds with weeks 2-7 of the regular season, and ends the week before the Chase starts, allowing the Chase drivers to better focus solely on the Sprint Cup Series. Perfect timing.

Oddly enough, it also corresponds with weeks 2-7 of the regular season, and ends the week before the Chase starts, allowing the Chase drivers to better focus solely on the Sprint Cup Series. Perfect timing.

Ok, let me get my schedule right now.....so Trucks at 2pm cst & Sprint Cup at 4pm cdt...........

I personally like the tacoma, but to make for closer racing I do agree a one-make will be best. Just to comment, I hate ford LOL, but the F150 is one h3LL of a fast truck n this will b real fun!

I really think it would be possible. Add 20 horsepower to the cap, and add 20 kilograms to the minimum weight requirement.

The chevy would have the most power, but weigh the most.

The ford would have a little less power, but weigh about 100 kilograms less than the chevy.

The toyota would have the least power, and more weight than last season.

With a little testing, I think we could make it pretty equal.

I really think it would be possible. Add 20 horsepower to the cap, and add 20 kilograms to the minimum weight requirement.

The chevy would have the most power, but weigh the most.

The ford would have a little less power, but weigh about 100 kilograms less than the chevy.

The toyota would have the least power, and more weight than last season.

With a little testing, I think we could make it pretty equal.

I think for Season 2 a 1 make will suffice. Ford's sound best, are about right size, and fast.

0.36 mile tokyo bay track...

I'm scared -visions of a martinsville-bristol racetrack-

0.36 mile tokyo bay track...

I'm scared -visions of a martinsville-bristol racetrack-

Thats gonna be fun. Everyone will be running a different gearing combo. Some will stay in 2nd, some in 3rd, others in 1st & 2nd or 2nd & 3rd. Or some guys will use all gears, others may even try the closed ratio transmissions to get the most out of all gears. Another option may to go with a 3rd & 4th gear setup or 4th & 5th, etc,etc....lots of decisions to make. Pretty much whatever feels best for you. The hardest thing will be getting the tracks rhythm down to get 22sec laps (aprox. bc most 1/3mi tokyo kart tracks are about 20sec).

OK, I'll give Furi a 1234 point penalty right at the start because he ignored the TOCA all-star race idea pretty quickly. :)

~ENTRIES / CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS STANDINGS
MrMulsanne / Furinkazen
Carbonox / Carbonox
tombrooks97 / tombrooks 97
Chqr / Chqr
neljack / neljack
MustangRyan / droptop2001GT
Bashman / Bashman
Akmuq / Akmuq

You don't want to add me :grumpy:

Still think we should do that.;)

Me too, and I've pointed it out a few times in the group! Stopped doing it when nobody appeared to care...

With the lack of different winners in Season 3, we probably can't organize a similar event in this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back