GTP NASCAR Truck Series S4 - Akmuq, Pepsi Racing Champions!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,027 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys but that was 2 hours i could have spent eating dinner. There was a wreck every 5 laps and it was just generally awful from where i was sitting. We had the best setup on tyres and a great strategy, we would have won the race if it wasn't for the 30 cautions.

I'm not condeming cautions (hell, IndyCar uses them) but I think with people in this series who aren't used to them it's just a reason to wreck all the time and drive like an imbecile. I get where Carb was coming from last season, it's just not racing.

I'm out, there's better things i could be doing than sitting in a pack for 2 hours then getting wrecked a mile from the end. I apologise to Smuffy and Nel for this. Good luck.

Ok, I'll bite. What happened?

I went from 2 laps down with 20 to go, to 4th at the line as the field wrecked behind!!!! How.

@ Tom, it happens man, it happens. Hard luck.

And it was a green white checker finish!

Last lap in a nutshell:

I attempt to use the inside line but people keep going ~3 wide into it and I get stuffed halfway below the yellow, can't blame myself if anyone went into the wall. Then I attempted one last charge and saw a gap between 2 cars as someone wrecked, but that someone hit me in the rear, giving suspension damage. The turn came a moment later and Tom who was on the outside, was victimized as I couldn't quite make the turn properly. I was still in 5th place, but the car was constantly veering at a high speed, and as I corrected it near the finish line, it got sent into Smuffy and one last crash occurred as I crossed the finish line in 5th.

I'm only asking people not to throw all their hate at me right now.

I just saw Carb being in the wrong place at wrong time, and he got shuffled off. Not his fault, racing incident.

gonna admit that our victory was a fair bit of luck. we did escape a few things on a number of occasions...
Venom is Me, akmuq and joe. Akmuq won, joe second and i was 3rd

Last lap in a nutshell:

I attempt to use the inside line but people keep going ~3 wide into it and I get stuffed halfway below the yellow, can't blame myself if anyone went into the wall. Then I attempted one last charge and saw a gap between 2 cars as someone wrecked, but that someone hit me in the rear, giving suspension damage. The turn came a moment later and Tom who was on the outside, was victimized as I couldn't quite make the turn properly. I was still in 5th place, but the car was constantly veering at a high speed, and as I corrected it near the finish line, it got sent into Smuffy and one last crash occurred as I crossed the finish line in 5th.

I'm only asking people not to throw all their hate at me right now.

Don't worry sexy. I'll happily buy your Nokia phone anytime. :sly:

I would like to get an answer on this-
If you are a lap down, caution comes out, and you beat the leader to the line, do you go around like the Lucky Dog?

If you are a lap down, caution comes out, and you beat the leader to the line, do you go around like the Lucky Dog?

IIRC if that happens, you'll be considered to be on the same lap as the leader, and the next guy behind you, who is a lap down, will get the same privilege as you, catching back up to the pack.

Your not lapped in that case, so your not behind the leader so you continue on and around.

EDIT: Tree'd by Carb.

IIRC if that happens, you'll be considered to be on the same lap as the leader, and the next guy behind you, who is a lap down, will get the same privilege as you, catching back up to the pack.
People weren't doing that today than. People just stayed in line instead of going around. I stayed back a couple of times because it was my 2nd race (I saw nobody else doing it) and because you guys could hear maybe a third of what I was saying for some reason.

Awesome race, was intense the full race, that's a real NASCAR race for ya, and there is bound to be some tempers about it, but that was for me, by far the best oval race I've done, and to win with a green-white-checker with a 1-2-3 was just awesome.

Your not lapped in that case, so your not behind the leader so you continue on and around.

EDIT: Tree'd by Carb.
Yup, I bet Tom to the line which got me and Joe back up a lap, can't remember how Sam got his back though... :dopey:

Awesome race, was intense the full race, that's a real NASCAR race for ya, and there is bound to be some tempers about it, but that was for me, by far the best oval race I've done, and to win with a green-white-checker with a 1-2-3 was just awesome.

Yup, I bet Tom to the line which got me and Joe back up a lap, can't remember how Sam got his back though... :dopey:

lucky dog, because joe pushed me through into 1st backmarker :D

TomMcD has officially quit Chip Ganassi Racing and the series.

A bit dummy spitting really. Wrecks happen (more than I thought to be honest) and you do get shunted off from time to time but just get back on it Tom

We had what, Seven Yellows in the first 50 laps, and Three I think in the next 50.

Unlucky RPM, Furi did a good job on 4th, how many cautions were there? Sounds like there was a lot, will be back next we to get my team in line so we can win :lol:

Also, practice in the Formula Jedi was AWESOME :D had one slight off onto the grass testing my braking for a corner tightish corner,braking zones downhill so its difficult, there also wasn't a lot of grip today and its a difficult track with a few blind corners so it was tricky but its amazing how well the car sticks, getting at least 115mph round the banked first corner. Quali is tomorrow at 10ish and the first race is at 3pm so I'll let you know how I get on :) There's also some trucks racing this weekend around the oval circuit :lol:

Unlucky RPM, Furi did a good job on 4th, how many cautions were there? Sounds like there was a lot, will be back next we to get my team in line so we can win :lol:

Also, practice in the Formula Jedi was AWESOME :D had one slight off onto the grass testing my braking for a corner tightish corner,braking zones downhill so its difficult, there also wasn't a lot of grip today and its a difficult track with a few blind corners so it was tricky but its amazing how well the car sticks, getting at least 115mph round the banked first corner. Quali is tomorrow at 10ish and the first race is at 3pm so I'll let you know how I get on :) There's also some trucks racing this weekend around the oval circuit :lol:

11 cautions for around 28 laps I think.

A bit dummy spitting really. Wrecks happen (more than I thought to be honest) and you do get shunted off from time to time but just get back on it Tom

Not really dummy spitting man; I'm not going because I got wrecked once, I'm leaving because I know for a fact there'll be wrecks every few laps throughout the season and nobody will be able to win races on merit, strategy, setup and racecraft.

Not really dummy spitting man; I'm not going because I got wrecked once, I'm leaving because I know for a fact there'll be wrecks every few laps throughout the season and nobody will be able to win races on merit, strategy, setup and racecraft.

Yes OK agreed but that's what happens in all racing series real word is it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back