GTP NASCAR Truck Series S4 - Akmuq, Pepsi Racing Champions!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,027 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they don't tend to have 11 cautions in 100 laps IRL mate.

Cautions breed Cautions... 2011 Daytona 500 had 22 cautions in 200 laps? And we had some decent green flag running in the middle.

Also bear in mind lag caused the first yellow with me and James, and MULE's stopped car was reason for one.

Anyway gonna upload to Youtube the finish soon from my view.

Cautions breed Cautions... 2011 Daytona 500 had 22 cautions in 200 laps? And we had some decent green flag running in the middle.

Also bear in mind lag caused the first yellow with me and James, and MULE's stopped car was reason for one.

Anyway gonna upload to Youtube the finish soon from my view.

Like I said before, I think the reasoning behind all of the cautions is people thinking 'oh, there's cautions, it's alright if I squeeze this guy over even though there's a chance we'll wreck.'

We don't have that issue in IndyCar because if you come into contact with somebody, there's heavy damage and the cars are hard to control so in short, you're screwed. Here, there's no real incentive not to wreck.

Not really dummy spitting man; I'm not going because I got wrecked once, I'm leaving because I know for a fact there'll be wrecks every few laps throughout the season and nobody will be able to win races on merit, strategy, setup and racecraft.

This was exactly my fear ahead of this season.

I hate cautions to living bits. 28 laps is a quarter of the distance which is quite ridiculous to be frank.

I'll still race but I'll pray for better things - no matter how unlikely it may seem. :nervous:

Cautions worked well tonight, a few rough edges but they worked. And gave a cracking finish. Unofficial result:

Akmuq
Joe
Gokartman
Furi
Carb
Smuffy
Matty
Tom
Neljack
RedpartyHat
Fox
Ganon
James (DNF)
Chris (DNF)
Mule (DNF)

Furinkazen
Cautions worked well tonight, a few rough edges but they worked. And gave a cracking finish. Unofficial result:

Akmuq
Joe
Gokartman
Furi
Carb
Smuffy
Matty
Tom
Neljack
RedpartyHat
Fox
Ganon
James (DNF)
Chris (DNF)
Mule (DNF)

I had to help my grandpa with my racecar. Also did I do better than the preseason race that put me on probation for 2 more races?

Last edited:
chrisjohnson93
hopefully i won't be as laggy next week, probably caused the first couple of cautions

Well one was me getting a little lose and getting you in your left quarter panel.

Right, going to spend an hour or so looking at the replay tomorrow getting pictures.

JakobNascar88
Good job Cut N Trim. We will do better next 14 days.

Very good job. Two non finishers.

You will probably be ahead of Venom next week. :rolleyes:

I'd guess Pepsi's race went somewhat above expectations, we made it to the top group despite all the complications... :rolleyes:

By the way, I did it again. Managed not to run out of fuel despite the near-impossible odds. :D

Last edited:
I'd guess Pepsi's race went somewhat above expectations, we made it to the top group despite all the complications... :rolleyes:

By the way, I did it again. Managed not to run out of fuel despite the near-impossible odds. :D

Odd's mean that have you second in the teams championship as of now.

Took some pictures of the trucks at Rockingham, will upload soon, none three wide though, sorry Furi :P

New GTP America post up as well. That Video took two hours to put together....

Furinkazen
Oh the old pick ups that used to race there? Nice!

Nope, they look brand new :D will send pictures to my laptop and try to get a few on here :)

PICTURES :D
I've attached them, no idea how to show them in the post but there we go :lol: If someone can tell me then I can edit it, won't upload the other pictures just yet, got a few more of me in my Jedi, quite a few more of the trucks and a 4 second video of the trucks all in a line, let me know if you want to see more pictures, and then I will stop being so lazy and attach them.
First two are of me in my Jedi, last 3 are of the trucks :)

Attachments

• jedi3.pdf
    760.3 KB · Views: 22
  • jedi2.pdf
    860.3 KB · Views: 15
  • trucks3.pdf
    743.6 KB · Views: 18
  • trucks8.pdf
    452.9 KB · Views: 15
  • trucks6.pdf
    162.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited: