GTP NASCAR Truck Series S4 - Akmuq, Pepsi Racing Champions!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,027 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to let you know Knelly will be filling in for me this week as a Scuderia venom driver. I don't know what colours he is running, but they better be bright and awesome :sly:

gokartman78
Just to let you know Knelly will be filling in for me this week as a Scuderia venom driver. I don't know what colours he is running, but they better be bright and awesome :sly:

Not entirely true. I said I was 50/50 and family commitments are no clearer right now. If I'm free I will definitely fill in for you though mate.

Not entirely true. I said I was 50/50 and family commitments are no clearer right now. If I'm free I will definitely fill in for you though mate.

oh yea, i just read over it again :dunce:. Knelly may be filling in for me, but 50/50 is better than 0/100 (thats me). sorry for the coffufle :ouch:

Only Furi would have a SSRX race where tyre wear is a potential issue. :sly:

I ran 4 laps by myself, and had virtually no rear tyre left at the end of lap 4. I could feel it trying to spin all the way around turns 3 and 4, though it was easy enough to control. Now add in the extra speed and tyre wear from running in a pack...

So if you're bad at saving tyres, good luck with your 2 stop strategy ;)

I ran 4 laps by myself, and had virtually no rear tyre left at the end of lap 4. I could feel it trying to spin all the way around turns 3 and 4, though it was easy enough to control. Now add in the extra speed and tyre wear from running in a pack...

Oh, dear Furi... :embarrassed:

Is this league full?

oh yea, i just read over it again :dunce:. Knelly may be filling in for me, but 50/50 is better than 0/100 (thats me). sorry for the coffufle :ouch:

Oh, dear Furi... :embarrassed:

Interesting... :sly:

Right for tomorrow i'll open room at around 7.15 to 7.30pm, race start 8pm, no quali, just see what order is.

Everyone form up in the order they got put on track, with green flag when the LEADER passes the 1500m mark on the first straight, just out of pits.

For cautions, when it is we called, we race back to the next 2,000 metres, so if we have a yellow inbetween 4300 and 4400 metres, we'll race back to 4600 metres. Then i'll calll out which one we are going at.

For cautions called in corners, or entering turns, race to the end of the turn. Also no yellows on final lap after the start of the tunnel on the backstretch.

:ouch:

Re post then:

Right for tomorrow i'll open room at around 7.15 to 7.30pm, race start 8pm, no quali, just see what order is.

Everyone form up in the order they got put on track, with green flag when the LEADER passes the 1500m mark on the first straight, just out of pits.

For cautions, when it is we called, we race back to the next 2,000 metres, so if we have a yellow inbetween 4000 and 5000 metres, we'll race back to 7000 metres. Then i'll calll out which one we are going at.

For cautions called in corners, or entering turns, race to the end of the turn. Also no yellows on final lap after the start of the tunnel on the backstretch.

I made my tyres last 4 1/2 laps before they let go. If I get the set up right I could make them last 5 laps but then fuel would be an issue.

:ouch:

Re post then:

For cautions, when it is we called, we race back to the next 2,000 metres, so if we have a yellow inbetween 4000 and 5000 metres, we'll race back to 7000 metres. Then i'll calll out which one we are going at.

There is a crash on lap 4 entering the last turn, everyone dives in the pits but those who crashed are left behind.

Oh the pain !

I made my tyres last 4 1/2 laps before they let go. If I get the set up right I could make them last 5 laps but then fuel would be an issue.
I think fuel milage (who can get the least amount of fuel on the pit stop) maybe the deciding factor in the race if we stay green the rest of the race after lap 4. Also, after 4 laps, my tires were ok....... I think somebody can hit 5 laps but you'd be running on fumes the last corner or so.

Having major Internet problems here..

Rang our ISP and they said numerous masts in our area are down, and they can only say that they will be working again "soon".

So I'll probably miss all the races I'm signed up for this week..

Having major Internet problems here..

Rang our ISP and they said numerous masts in our area are down, and they can only say that they will be working again "soon".

So I'll probably miss all the races I'm signed up for this week..

Blargh. Just remembered you're on my team which means I get the losses once again :guilty:

Make sure there is some variety in colours this week, red truck hell last week :lol: , kept thinking Matty was Ganassi.

Also, I will keep you posted tomorrow if I can make it. Worse case scenario is room opening around 8, just start race after a few min - race is approx 45 minutes.

Or, look at the calendar, I can put it after Martinsville in a gap week, there's a couple:

CHAMPIONSHIP CALENDAR

(Please note dates are in a Day / Month / Year format)

10-08-12: NC: Budweiser 100 @ Daytona (40 laps) (CAUTIONS, 100MPH PACE SPEED) RACE REVIEW

17-08-12: 01: NextEra Energy Resources 250 @ Daytona (100 laps) (CAUTIONS, 100MPH PACE SPEED) FINAL LAPS WITH FURINKAZEN

24-08-12: 02: Allstate 200k @ SSRX (7 laps) (CAUTIONS, 100MPH PACE SPEED)
31-08-12 no race planned currently>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
07-09-12: 03: Kroger 100 @ Martinsville (100 laps) (NO CAUTIONS)

14-09-12: 04: Camping World 100 @ Motegi Superspeedway (65 Laps) (CAUTIONS, 75MPH PACE SPEED)

21-09-12: 05: American Ethanol 100 @ Pocono (40 laps) (CAUTIONS, 75MPH PACE SPEED)

05-10-12: 06: LUCAS Oil 100 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway (40 laps) (CAUTIONS, 75MPH PACE SPEED)

19-10-12: 07: Coca Cola 150 @ SS Route X (8 laps) (CAUTIONS, 100MPH PACE SPEED)

02-11-12: 08: NASCAR Japan 150 @ Motegi Superspeedway (100 laps) (CAUTIONS, 75MPH PACE SPEED)

09-11-12: 09: Chevrolet Silverado SS 150 @ Daytona Superspeedway (60 laps) (CAUTIONS, 100MPH PACE SPEED)

16-11-12: 10: Brickyard 150 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway (60 laps, 100MPH PACE SPEED) (CAUTIONS)

I might make the race tomorrow 👍. But I will be using hotel internet so cut me some slack. Really hope to make the race.

Can you start the race at 2:30pm because I get out of school at 2:05 and I get home at around 2:20PM. I will have my ps3 on tomorrow.

If you postpone, please let me know ASAP, it's not too late to get plans going for tomorrow night, but I'd prefer race to be honest, or else get Carb or someone else who gets in at 7 with a good connection. Or, let me open it at 8 or something.

Can you start the race at 2:30pm because I get out of school at 2:05 and I get home at around 2:20PM. I will have my ps3 on tomorrow.

We're not starting 5 and a half hours earlier.;)

If you postpone, please let me know ASAP, it's not too late to get plans going for tomorrow night, but I'd prefer race to be honest, or else get Carb or someone else who gets in at 7 with a good connection. Or, let me open it at 8 or something.

We're not starting 5 and a half hours earlier.;)

Akmuq, I hope to be back home for 8pm (unexpected family invite yesterday ya see for tomorrow). There is no quali tomorrow so we could open at 8pm, and start race at 8.15pm. Or go with plan B and postpone this week, and insert it as Round 3 after Joe's Martinsville. I have the GTP Mobile App so will keep you up to date as soon as I know 👍

Either way, I am hosting tomorrow or its off, no need for you guys to worry about being back up hosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back