GTP NASCAR Truck Series S4 - Akmuq, Pepsi Racing Champions!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,027 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was a hell of a race for sure, will work on reports tomorrow. And just the 1 caution.

All credit goes to RPH for the strategy 👍

Oh, and the push at the end :sly:

R2DRI.png

R2TEA.png

Yeh great race, was doing well all race then when I drop off the pack slightly my team mates don't want to bridge the gap briefly so just carry on, but then end up coming at the back of the pack anyway... :dunce: Luckily there's a "road course" race next week.

You can't be bitter Spurgy. We where on the last lap with a chance of 4th and a slim chance of catching the leaders (one more lap and we would have caught them) and we were working with other teams to accomplish this.

The team as a whole is more important than one individual so we had to try our best to get a good result.

Last edited:
GTP Truck Series Power Rankings - After the Allstate 200k

1. mattymc1996 - Made the most of a two car team at Daytona finishing 7th after a wreck, but got a 3rd driver in and took the win brilliantly at SSRX as Pepsi Racing did as Venom did the week before and swept up the podium in a 1-2-3. This race was won with a brilliant strategy and a bit of luck which has put Matty second in the championship and a battle between VenoM and Pepsi in the Teams going into the first two-week break
TRENDING:UP

2. GTP_Akmuq - Won Daytona as VenoM swept the podium in a caution-filled race where it was proven more stops could work better and making use of the Lucky Dog. VenoM were with the main pack for SSRX as Pepsi went and did there own thing. Akmuq let the race unfold, and got a huge draft to take 4th and keep his lead in the championship
TRENDING: UP

3. JoeOfTheFire - Pushed Akmuq to Daytona victory and helped kartman to get 3rd using slipstreams, really pushing the team on and is currently in 3rd with Carbonox in the championship with the more technical courses to go.
TRENDING: STEADY

4. RedPartyHat - Had a bad day at Daytona but came into SSRX with a brilliant strategy and Pepsi Racing pulled it off superbly, pushing Sprint Cup team-mate Matty to victory whilst sweeping the podium and getting a 2nd place for himself. If strategy comes into play, you can assume this man will have something up his sleeve.

5. Carbonox - Came a solid 5th at Daytona, riding his luck for the entire race, being a lap down at some stages and a lap up at others to set himself up for a challenge at the championship. Went along with Pepsi's strategy tonight and got himself a 3rd position to move him up in the championship and take the fight to VenoM

6. Furinkazen - Got himself 4th at Daytona, top non-VenoM driver, benefiting from 2 late lucky dogs and a wreck, and also got a 6th place at SSRX to keep up consistency and stay in 6th after the first two races going into the more technical tracks.

7. gokartman - Rounded out the VenoM podium at Daytona, following the strategy out front to get himself into 3rd in the championship for a week, but wasn't around for SSRX, which relegated him to 7th in the championship, but should be good for Martinsville and Motegi coming up
TRENDING: DOWN

8. Knelly - Came into VenoM for a week, and stuck with the team, who took no risks at SSRX to get himself a solid 5th place after missing the opener.

9. FlyingFox_85 - Already looking like the natural team leader in RPM, just hasn't had the best of results yet, finished a lap down at Daytona, but made a good improvement at SSRX before spinning on the final lap.

10. Spurgy777 - Looking like one of the fastest coming into the championship, but so far things haven't gone his way, an engine failure before the Daytona race ruled him out, before losing the draft at SSRX on the final lap handed him 9th place, however, he should come good on the more technical courses as he has great driving ability

Also Considered: neljack, smuffyatcp

These take into account the two races, and Furi asked me to do this.

Last edited:
Thanks Akmuq, just a little issue with the colour coding on the first two. 👍

GTP Truck Series Power Rankings - After the Allstate 200k

1. mattymc1996 - Made the most of a two car team at Daytona finishing 7th after a wreck, but got a 3rd driver in and took the win brilliantly at SSRX as Pepsi Racing did as Venom did the week before and swept up the podium in a 1-2-3. This race was won with a brilliant strategy and a bit of luck which has put Matty second in the championship and a battle between VenoM and Pepsi in the Teams going into the first two-week break
TRENDING:UP

2. GTP_Akmuq - Won Daytona as VenoM swept the podium in a caution-filled race where it was proven more stops could work better and making use of the Lucky Dog. VenoM were with the main pack for SSRX as Pepsi went and did there own thing. Akmuq let the race unfold, and got a huge draft to take 4th and keep his lead in the championship

3. JoeOfTheFire - Pushed Akmuq to Daytona victory and helped kartman to get 3rd using slipstreams, really pushing the team on and is currently in 3rd with Carbonox in the championship with the more technical courses to go.

4. RedPartyHat - Had a bad day at Daytona but came into SSRX with a brilliant strategy and Pepsi Racing pulled it off superbly, pushing Sprint Cup team-mate Matty to victory whilst sweeping the podium and getting a 2nd place for himself. If strategy comes into play, you can assume this man will have something up his sleeve.

5. Carbonox - Came a solid 5th at Daytona, riding his luck for the entire race, being a lap down at some stages and a lap up at others to set himself up for a challenge at the championship. Went along with Pepsi's strategy tonight and got himself a 3rd position to move him up in the championship and take the fight to VenoM

6. Furinkazen - Got himself 4th at Daytona, top non-VenoM driver, benefiting from 2 late lucky dogs and a wreck, and also got a 6th place at SSRX to keep up consistency and stay in 6th after the first two races going into the more technical tracks.

7. gokartman - Rounded out the VenoM podium at Daytona, following the strategy out front to get himself into 3rd in the championship for a week, but wasn't around for SSRX, which relegated him to 7th in the championship, but should be good for Martinsville and Motegi coming up

8. Knelly - Came into VenoM for a week, and stuck with the team, who took no risks at SSRX to get himself a solid 5th place after missing the opener.

9. FlyingFox_85 - Already looking like the natural team leader in RPM, just hasn't had the best of results yet, finished a lap down at Daytona, but made a good improvement at SSRX before spinning on the final lap.

10. Spurgy777 - Looking like one of the fastest coming into the championship, but so far things haven't gone his way, an engine failure before the Daytona race ruled him out, before losing the draft at SSRX on the final lap handed him 9th place, however, he should come good on the more technical courses as he has great driving ability

Also Considered: neljack, smuffyatcp

These take into account the two races, and Furi asked me to do this.

Excellent report Luke

had a decent race tonight for the first 4.5 laps then got lag raped like fox did but got no caution, that's why i dropped back. sort of formed an alliance with RPM tonight as i was getting helped along by furi and fox. then at the end of the race i ran out of fuel into the last corner

It was a good race indeed, excellent bumping and co operation from everybody tonight.

Now two weeks until Joe's Martinsville, the track is up for download on his PSN, and will be on mine from next week.

had a decent race tonight for the first 4.5 laps then got lag raped like fox did but got no caution, that's why i dropped back. sort of formed an alliance with RPM tonight as i was getting helped along by furi and fox. then at the end of the race i ran out of fuel into the last corner

Co-operatives were a necessity tonight. Glad to help.

do you get points for leading a lap like you do in NASCAR as i was leading at the end of the 1st lap by i think i saw 0.002. a couple of times i was able to get a few slingshots at the back of the pack

do you get points for leading a lap like you do in NASCAR as i was leading at the end of the 1st lap by i think i saw 0.002. a couple of times i was able to get a few slingshots at the back of the pack

No.

And talking of gaps, I lost another SSRX dead heat :lol: :ouch:

Beat ya to it Neljack, no race as there are no Nationwide or Sprint Cup events. Week after that they are at Monza, we visit Joe's Martinsville, and week after all 3 series at Motegi.

Martinsville up for download, its called "Tours Speedway" up for download due to Joe having to change its name. The Truck Schedule has been amended as a result to reflect the name change.

Martinsville up for download, its called "Tours Speedway" up for download due to Joe having to change its name. The Truck Schedule has been amended as a result to reflect the name change.

Why'd he have to change it, copyright issues? :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back