GTP Online Racing Bureau (GTP ORB) Now Hiring!

• Thread starter gogatrs
  • 1,489 comments
I think we should let everything work out here for the time being. Maybe we can expand to GD's later. I'm gonna make the driver/license thread now, and we'll see what it looks like. 👍

I say we run everything here until we get our legs under us and have a few seasons under our belt.

Actually, what does the tier stand for?

Currently, I allow for all types of drivers, seasoned veterans as well as beginners and it sits nicely as it is at the moment. And I do plan to keep it that way. The rating system in the series automatically will encourage players to drive cleanly. Also, I think because its 1v1, the races are generally cleaner because if there are any incidents, it’ll be only caused by either one of the two drivers.

The drivers themselves are able to find their own match in the League. And it’s nice also for the lower tier players to see how much they have improved when they challenger a higher level player.

I didn't, but what's wrong with it? And I'll be done with the driver stuff as soon as I hand type everything from TimberW's Google Doc.

Can't you copy and paste?

It wouldn't let me right click. I'm currently on JDM_Import.

EliteDreamer
I want to know what's in the link too.

Aren't documents able to be shared?

Yes, but a shared account would allow everyone to modify it that has the password.

Well wait and see what my thread looks like, its taking a lot of work :lol:. I think it looks alright.

I highlight the columns I want and press CTRL + C and then either put it into excel with CTRL + V.

Or if I want just the text, I'll CTRL + V to a notepad.

Alright Cam you're jumping way too far ahead man.
I know you're excited but we really have to slow this down.

I should've checked-in in the morning but I've had another super busy day with work so I didn't get a chance.

I've quickly read through all of the new posts. I'll definitely be making tweaks to all the logos and tier bubbles. Right now they're still concepts. I was testing it by telling a couple people to put them in their threads but they're still not ready for mass distribution.

Anyway, I've worked a long time on putting together our databse Google spreadsheet and it's about half way done.

The group is completely unnecessary. I can't stress it enough when I say we NEED to keep everything centralized and really simple. The OP is not going to look like a scholarly review. I won't let it happen. It's going to be easy on the eyes and thorough yet to the point.

You're really over working yourself trying to manually collate all these things into text format in the group Cam. No reason to do that.

And for the third time, why are we so hell bent on assigning titles to everyone?
I feel like we're all going out for a fun day at the pool and some people are like, "OK! YOU Have fun at the waterslide 'cause you have a big butt and YOU shall be the food gatherer to sustain our metabolisms and I shall be captain of the novelty pirate ship water cannon from 2pm to 6"

NO NEED!
Like I said before, we need to come up with the tasks that need to be done, on a list, and then people can choose whatever they want.

I almost have that list done too.

Expect an epic post from me @ lunch time in a couple hours

My thought for the group was to be able to lay things out and have a definitive section for each part of the board readily available so that we wouldn't have to keep updating this here and searching though the almost 40 pages of posts.

Titles are fun Wardez... I don't care one way or the other per se, but it still gives a feeling of relative importance. Let us have our moment eh? ;)

But we all chose the titles/jobs we wanted from what needed to be done. I don't see anything wrong with what we have now to start off with. Since we already have this set up, we should use this system for a little while and see if it works.

I guess StigsHero can give you a test once we start giving them.

^ You must have a higher ranked license for series under GTP ORB that give a higher license requirement.

@ JLawrence, Do it yourself and give it to yourself? :confused:

@ Wardez, what do you have planned? I'm a little confused when your bringing all that you mentioned here.

Not as of now. This isn't for every series. This is only if your series uses our system.

Yeah, I think we should just stick with what we have now since everyone involved seems to understand and everything is set to go.

Wardez
Alright Cam you're jumping way too far ahead man.
I know you're excited but we really have to slow this down.

I should've checked-in in the morning but I've had another super busy day with work so I didn't get a chance.

I've quickly read through all of the new posts. I'll definitely be making tweaks to all the logos and tier bubbles. Right now they're still concepts. I was testing it by telling a couple people to put them in their threads but they're still not ready for mass distribution.

Anyway, I've worked a long time on putting together our databse Google spreadsheet and it's about half way done.

The group is completely unnecessary. I can't stress it enough when I say we NEED to keep everything centralized and really simple. The OP is not going to look like a scholarly review. I won't let it happen. It's going to be easy on the eyes and thorough yet to the point.

You're really over working yourself trying to manually collate all these things into text format in the group Cam. No reason to do that.

And for the third time, why are we so hell bent on assigning titles to everyone?
I feel like we're all going out for a fun day at the pool and some people are like, "OK! YOU Have fun at the waterslide 'cause you have a big butt and YOU shall be the food gatherer to sustain our metabolisms and I shall be captain of the novelty pirate ship water cannon from 2pm to 6"

NO NEED!
Like I said before, we need to come up with the tasks that need to be done, on a list, and then people can choose whatever they want.

I almost have that list done too.

Expect an epic post from me @ lunch time in a couple hours

Completely agree.
I think that the social group could be useful though.
I was working on that list of positions, but if you have it almost done, I guess I'll stop that. lol

JLawrence
So how do I go about administering a license test on myself? lol

That's an excellent question!
When the time comes, I trust you to not cheat lol.
But first we need to come up with the tests themselves.

Also, I'm going to begin working on that rar.
Can I just create a couple word documents?

Yeah. So did that uber-long thread and my position list go to waste? I was at least hoping to keep everything in the social group threads.. It all looked good.

CAMjhr
Not as of now. This isn't for every series. This is only if your series uses our system.

Yeah, I think we should just stick with what we have now since everyone involved seems to understand and everything is set to go.

It's not quite ready to go.
We need to come up with a few people to assign tiers.
More people for license tests.
And probably much more.
We won't be able to put this into effect for quite a while.
We're almost there, but not quite.

+1 to Wardez post. It’s good to get it tested first and get your teams on board and all on the same page first. And sort out things before going public. One of the worst things is for the public to see that the team managing ORB are not united in one mind. And things can turn quickly when the public just puts in their input and ‘thinks’ that their input will be accepted instead of ‘considered’.

For my league, I put quite a lot of thought into it before letting it go live. And I make it a point that I’m the one who makes the last call on the rules and regulations. Everyone has their own way of doing things, but it’s important to know that their suggestion are heard and will be considered but not necessarily used.

CAMjhr
Yeah. So did that uber-long thread and my position list go to waste? I was at least hoping to keep everything in the social group threads.. It all looked good.

Not necessarily...
Put them under beginner.
Amateur is going to require passing the tests.
So there are four basic license levels not including a class.

Okay, I can do that. I would just like to keep the social group, I think it helps out for public info.

^ In an invite only status, I don't think it can be viewed by other people. They have to be part of it (Invited first) to see what's inside.

Beginner - Amateur - Advanced - Professional

Sounds like A/B Spec. Where's Expert? And Intermediate? :P

Okay, the list is fixed. All I know is that the social group is helping me with my OCD organizational issues. So, keeping it would really help me out :).

^ You must have a higher ranked license for series under GTP ORB that give a higher license requirement.

The idea is fine in real life but do we really need it in a GT5?

most people on gtplanet are good enough drivers anyway.....and the ones who cause trouble are called out by all the other members in the series so they just leave anyway.

i dont understand. i barely have time to play as it is. i pretty much just show up on race day(with my current situation)....and now i have to take license test to race?

Im not meaning this in a bad way but arent we just racing in leagues?(what weve had now has been fine right?) all the official leagues have preseason to weed out the idiots and then by the time season starts bang (were all good)

Isnt the point of the Racing Series sub forum to post series that anyone can sign up for.. not " do you have a license" then you cant race here. its sounds like waist of time. if your going to make a series and then tell someone they cannot signup because they don't have a license.(rather than because the league is full which is a legit reason) then i dont beleive that series belongs in gtplanets forums.

whats all the big fuss? We shouldnt Gtplanet into a big game of Aristocracy. by doing this "class separation" thing dont we look like a bunch of egotist?

the "motto" of practically every leaue on GTplanet has be "sign ups open". i dont think it should be any other way.

We're not forcing anyone to do it. All of the people in the four series we have so far want to and volunteered for the job. If you don't like it, no one is asking you to do it.

6490_14_100.jpg

Don't fret, we're not here to push people around 👍.

I dont want to do it but what if i want to race in the league with practically everyone i know.....

all im getting from this is you guys want to tell people they cant race in a series for a non legitimate reason.

Back