GTP Online Racing Bureau (GTP ORB) Now Hiring!

• Thread starter gogatrs
  • 1,489 comments
Anyways, I honestly don't know much about what your series is R1600, but like I had said before, I was envisioning Tier 1 to be made up of one maybe two series at the most of the very top level drivers. Your series may already be as such, I don't know, but yeah, that was my thought. Tier 2 to me was to be for the serious racers, especially those trying to make it into Tier 1. I've already put mine down as a Tier 3 despite the fact that it is very well organized and has very specific rules and the like just by merit of the fact that we are more concerned with just having fun than worrying about points, I mean our prize car is the winners choice of Fiat!

Last edited by a moderator:
Where's Wardez? And who wants to review my series? I'm asking for Wardez becuase he made the Tier badges. I wonder what It'll be...

I wish gatrs would give me the yay or nay on my title, I'm starting to feel guilty :guilty:. And it looks like a T2 to me, ED.

:D Yay. I'm thinking about having a more sophisticated qualifying round. For how it is like that, I may not be able to record the best times of each driver. Or maybe just ask them at the end. :lol:

Anyways, I honestly don't know much about what your series is R1600, but like I had said before, I was envisioning Tier 1 to be made up of one maybe two series at the most of the very top level drivers. Your series may already be as such, I don't know, but yeah, that was my thought. Tier 2 to me was to be for the serious racers, especially those trying to make it into Tier 1. I've already put mine down as a Tier 3 despite the fact that it is very well organized and has very specific rules and the like just by merit of the fact that we are more concerned with just having fun than worrying about points, I mean our prize car is the winners choice of Fiat!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=211563

Work in progress at the moment.

I took off the Co-Founder tag, since this was gatrs idea by himself. What else do we need to do before our first races begin?

Now. The I have created a club page to make it easier to get organized and discuss the goings on with this until we (hopefully) get a sticky/subforum. I feel that we should move the conversation there then use this to post things that have been made official so we aren't blowing up the racing forum.

And for those of you like Chaos, the page is open to view, so you can see the goings on, but it is closed for comment. If you have questions complaints etc please voice them here.

It needs to be open for comments for my Discipline thread, right?

CAMjhr
Hope my title is okay, gatrs, and do I need to add anything to the positions list?

Sorry I can't see your title with the iPod app.
I'm coming up with something for tonight.
The position list is good for now.
Keep it update in the social group, and every time you add someone re-post it, please.

For tonight? And will do.

Who needs their name added to the list?

CAMjhr
For tonight? And will do.

Who needs their name added to the list?

Yes, I'll do some heavy discussion tonight.
I can lock this thread if you guys think I should.

And just ignore chaos and people like him.

No, I think it'd be better to leave it open. No one's using the social group thread yet.

Come to think of it. It may be wise to open up the group page entirely. I am typing up a post for license testing, and I would like for people to be able to sign up there. And it could help keep the whole thing more organized.

Now, I am listing sign up for a Tier 3 or 4 series as grounds for a Amateur license, then making testing necessary for a Tier 2 and 1. Is this correct?

Wait what? Is the Amateur License required for 3 and 4 or 1 and 2?

JLawrence
Now, I am listing sign up for a Tier 3 or 4 series as grounds for a Amateur license, then making testing necessary for a Tier 2 and 1. Is this correct?

I don't think that licenses and tier should rely on each other.
Just IMO though.

Yeah, just give the organizers the option to use them if they want.

Amateur is granted with registration, and allows entry to a Tier 3 or 4 event. Intermediate is required for a Tier 2 (Though those already registered for an event that we rate as Tier 2 are not removed from the series, though they are asked to take the test anyways) and Tier 1 requires an Advanced license plus a designated number of series wins.

A Class licenses are to be more for the sake of prestige than anything as far as I can tell.

Or we can just do the whole thing as organizers having the option.

Sounds like a plan. Should I keep a thread with all drivers and their license status?

I think a separate racing code should be drafted along with a penalty system. I can volunteer to author. I've written a good starting base from WSGTC, although its mainly for mixed class racing discipline.

Go for it, Masi. Just make sure I can follow it 👍.

Masi_23
I think a separate racing code should be drafted along with a penalty system. I can volunteer to author. I've written a good starting base from WSGTC, although its mainly for mixed class racing discipline.

Sounds good.
I'm eager to see what you come up with.

Hey, gatrs, did you read what I said in that thread about eBay? I hope I didn't go too far.

Back