GTP Online Racing Bureau (GTP ORB) Now Hiring!

• Thread starter gogatrs
  • 1,489 comments
Are you a part of one of the four leagues we have so far? Your answer is most likely no, and if it is, you have nothing to worry about :).

@Blaze, the license requirement will be optional for series' admins to require.
They will be aware that it may or may not deter participants.
And anyone is welcome to sign up to help out, so it's not exactly an aristocracy.

You're talking about a GTP derived FIA sanctioning body.

[*]Racing series start up kit distrubution -
A racing series start up kit will be a .rar file that includes every thing a potential race organizer needs in order to start his series easily and quickly be able to start it off with a solid standard base to grow from.

The kit would include things like graphics, templates, spreadsheet tutorials, tips tricks and hacks, track guides that detail what tracks are good and are not good for racing in certain cars, rule guides detailing exactly what each setting in GT5 gives you, connection guides for a consistence online experience, car selection guide letting you know the ins-and-outs of choosing good cars for your series, description of every successful race format and the history of race format use in GTP (like the invention of sole qualifers "4 lap live qualifying sessions" rolling starts in GT5, how best to run multi-class races etc).

Not only would it be advantageous for race organizers to read but would be an excellent source of information to anyone looking to start racing in GT5 online or those people who have been racing for a while but simply want to find out a little more.

[/LIST]
It has everything to do with bringing people up to speed in online racing quickly and with less hesitation. To avoid awkward moments when organizers have to explain common rules over and over again. To make the production of racing series easier than ever so that the forums could flourish with them.
And in the end it's about more, better, racing.

👍👍 that should be a sticky.

@Blaze, the license requirement will be optional for series' admins to require.
They will be aware that it may or may not deter participants.
And anyone is welcome to sign up to help out, so it's not exactly an aristocracy.

👍 Hey gatrs, have you checked everything on the social group to make sure I don't need to change anymore jobs or anything?

Are you a part of one of the four leagues we have so far? Your answer is most likely no, and if it is, you have nothing to worry about :).

....except that my answer is yes. im probably in 3/4 of the leagues.

...Do you even know which leagues we help run? I didn't see your name anywhere when I did a driver list. I don't know why your intent on arguing, no one is forcing you to have a license yet..

^ well since gatrs is the mastermind he proably has his ALMS league in this which im in. gtp_fia as well.

"yet?".......

Neither of those are under are control as of yet. So you have until the next ALMS season to do a couple of hotlaps. If gatrs even chooses to use licenses.

i suppose the really awkward thing about all of this is why its in the GTplanet threads. and why the race series.
i also though it was ironic that this topic(of governing body) is above all the actual race series ;).

i dont think this sort of thing belongs on gtplanet. Im sure Jordan didnt have this in mind that you would post series where not everyone was welcome to join........

Ack. Let's wait and get into that when the situation comes. Unless you have an idea, ED?

Everyone is welcome to join...

i suppose the really awkward thing about all of this is why its in the GTplanet threads. and why the race series.
i also though it was ironic that this topic(of governing body) is above all the actual race series ;).

i dont think this sort of thing belongs on gtplanet. Im sure Jordan didnt have this in mind that you would post series where not everyone was welcome to join........

Mods have browsed through this countless times. We assume it's fine.

👍 It's not like you're going to have to be a GT Academy contender to get a license. We aren't trying to make it difficult, just structured.

the problem is the concept is the problem(O___o) weirdly phrased but ill try to explain.
the idea of a GTP GB where only certain leagues are in it. and the ones that refuse are excluded from it. and now the problem is pretend im a noob to GTP planet. i go on gtplanet.com and see all this "official" looking GTP Governing Body series. and ignore any other race series because of that....

imo this concept is equivalent to "bumping a thread".

remember what happened with lemans and the fia and aco.... now that next years championship is the FIA World endurance champinoship, now everyone wants to join.....but realize that the FIA world endurance championship has killed of th LMS and ALMS to a degree......so you guys run the risk of killing off the other race series by boosting the image" bumping" the series in this Governing body thingy. All the series on the GTPlanet forums are supposed to be presented equally "spirit of the forums" as one might say.

Others will be fine, there's nothing wrong with racing in other series than ones we are associated with. If a person thinks that, we will be happy to tell them otherwise :). We are in no way trying to steal competitors from other places.

Blaze_409
the problem is the concept is the problem(O___o) weirdly phrased but ill try to explain.
the idea of a GTP GB where only certain leagues are in it. and the ones that refuse are excluded from it. and now the problem is pretend im a noob to GTP planet. i gon on and see all this "official" looking GTP Governing Body series. and ignore any other race series because of that....

imo this concept is equivalent to "bumping a thread".

remember what happened with lemans and the fia and aco.... now that next years championship is the FIA World endurance champinoship, now everyone wants to join.....but realize that the FIA world endurance championship has killed of th LMS and ALMS to a degree......so you guys run the risk of killing off the other race series by boosting the image" bumping" the series in this Governing body thingy.

Obviously that's not what we had in mind.
But for now, it's just four series.
Remember that one of the suggested names was GTCultivators.
Meaning, we plan on helping out starting up new series'.

This is in no way shape or form an ego booster.
In fact, it's turning out to be quite a bit of work.

In fact, it's turning out to be quite a bit of work.

This, it's actually kind of stressful. We're just trying to help, Blaze.

The series are: The Mini Challenge, The Capp Cup, LotS (I think? TimberW's series.), and JLawrence's VSCS.

This, it's actually kind of stressful. We're just trying to help, Blaze.

consequences whether intended or not....

The only thing that came out of this was Gatrs and Wardez's GTCultivators concept.

That is worth of a STICKY. Go gatrs go!!

i feel like in a away your taking all the best drivers away from the other series.

Blaze_409
The only thing that came out of this was Gatrs and Wardez's GTCultivators concept.

That is worth of a STICKY. Go gatrs go!!

What? We're doing the same thing, regardless of the name..

And no one is restricted to driving in one series, I have no idea how you're coming to these deductions.

for Legend of the Streets (LotS), I would prefer players not to require licences to race... :P

for Legend of the Streets (LotS), I would prefer players not to require licences to race... :P

👍 No problem at all, you're allowed to use however much or little of our services as you'd like :).

i feel like in a away your taking all the best drivers away from the other series.

does Audi Sport North America enter the club race that is beign held in the parking lot behind your house? no...they enter the FIA World. this is all ok in the reall world where is dog eat dog....but in an open forum thats designed in principle to allow everyone to equally gain members for race series its not right imo. hence why i say is like bumping a thread.

People can participate in whatever and however many series they want to.. The number of series one competes in is hardly a problem. I still don't see a concern here.

What? We're doing the same thing, regardless of the name..

And no one is restricted to driving in one series, I have no idea how you're coming to these deductions.

well considering that everyone here has lives outside of gt5 we cant all be in every race series all day including gtp governbody ones...

take it as a good thing.....if and when you make this im going to sign up for the series....but thats just it...im only doing it becasue of the name and associations(and you can expect that alot of other people will sign up for the same reason) which means your series isnt being presented on a unfair playing ground.....humans are crass sorry....im just concerned about the other race series.

Back