GTP Online Racing Bureau (GTP ORB) Now Hiring!

• Thread starter gogatrs
  • 1,489 comments
R1600Turbo
I say just start everyone out with a Beginner license, and as they gain experience in all the ORB approved series, that will upgrade their license. If someone isn't fit to race in one of the higher Tier leagues, then let the series founder make that decision. Most of the time people will only sign up for a series they know they can compete in competitively anyway.

Well I know I can't compete in GT2 in GTPFIA, but I still race!

Haven't we already had this discussion? :P

What you want is offline license tests. That would involve honesty. Or at least video proof which most can't do.

I like it how it is and I don't see a better way to do the tests.

How can people not give video proof? Just save the exported replay to a USB drive and upload it to Mediafire, then post the link for download.

How can people not give video proof? Just save the exported replay to a USB drive and upload it to Mediafire, then post the link for download.

But a lot of people (like me) wouldn't know how to do that, or even have a USB for that matter.

There's WRS, where there is random verification of X% of submissions. Submitting replay of an offline license test is pretty easy. I'd say take AMG intermediate full lap special event with traffic, set time for 'intermediate' and 'advanced' licenses, and prohibit any contact during test. And do the rest like WRS registry qualifier. After that whatever system with zero verification work, just factoring off league race results.

But a lot of people (like me) wouldn't know how to do that, or even have a USB for that matter.

Well, USB thumb drives are ridiculously inexpensive nowadays (8GB for $14.99 off of Amazon), and it's not that hard to put up a tutorial. Here, you can even use this:

1. In the video replay menu in GT5, press triangle and select "Export Replay as Save Data".
2. Exit GT5, and insert USB thumb drive into a USB port on the PS3.
3. Go to the Save Data Utility on the PS3's XMB menu (the main menu you always use), and copy the exported replay data to the USB thumb drive.
4. After the data has been copied, remove the USB thumb drive from the USB port on the PS3, then insert it into a USB port on your PC or Mac.
5. Copy the ENTIRE replay data folder (Path on the thumb drive should be /PS3/Savedata or something very similar to that) onto your PC.
6. Archive the ENTIRE data folder using a program like Winzip (PC) or the by right-click and selecting "archive selected folder" (Mac).
7. Sign up for an account at www.mediafire.com, and upload the .zip file you created.

There's WRS, where there is random verification of X% of submissions. Submitting replay of an offline license test is pretty easy. I'd say take AMG intermediate full lap special event with traffic, set time for 'intermediate' and 'advanced' licenses, and prohibit any contact during test. And do the rest like WRS registry qualifier. After that whatever system with zero verification work, just factoring off league race results.

That's a great idea that works for WRS but instead of trying our own version of the same thing it would be easier to just have every one register for the WRS. But we're not the WRS, we're not about hotlapping and so it's going to be a very different process.

Yes it sounds stupid right now, everything did in its inception. But once you guys realize that we're aiming high and tweaking along as we go to make it easier on every one then hopefully you can have faith that no this is not going to take forever to get people licensed and we will find our way soon. Won't be overnight.

Really appreciate the input though.

I'm starting up a room for testing different car and track combos right now, it's only going to be up for a while so jump in if you can asap:

1472 6118 3615 5261 7083 Closed

Last edited:
You can manually enter the room number to join it.

I ended up practicing for the Capp's since I realized the race is quite soon so no info. just yet from me, perhaps after the race.

Later.

You can manually enter the room number to join it.

I ended up practicing for the Capp's since I realized the race is quite soon so no info. just yet from me, perhaps after the race.

Later.

Where can I do that? :dunce:

You guys want to officially sanction my new competition? I've got a few sponsor lined up, though maybe you would like to be involved somehow and add it to your list of race series'.

shem
You guys want to officially sanction my new competition? I've got a few sponsor lined up, though maybe you would like to be involved somehow and add it to your list of race series'.

In the future, that could be an option.
But for now, I think we'll stick to A Spec lol.

Not much we could do to actually help out with that anyways.
Or is there?

I may/may not have a dead period this weekend until Momday evening depending on whether or not my hotel has free WiFi.
Real racing first!
Gotta go to bed now.

I think about the only thing we'd be good for in that series is spicing up the OP with "Official GTP ORB" stuff.

I've taken the liberty of creating a list of racing series I think we should encourage people to create when under the ORB banner. Some of them have already been created, however have not joined us yet and/or won't be part of our "thing". I also have organized them into groups pertaining to where they might fit into the Tier'd system. (Which I believe we should re-think)

Taken = RED

Tier 1:
  • Formula 1
  • LeMans
  • American LeMans
  • FIA GT1 / GT2
  • Super GT (GT500/GT300)
  • NASCAR + Classic NASCAR
  • DTM
  • Indy Car
  • World Rally
  • Endurance Racing (All)

Tier 2:
  • FIA GT3 / GT4
  • Spec Viper ACR
  • Lexus IS-F Cup
  • Integra Cup
  • Formula 3
  • Gallardo Trophy Cup
  • Porsche GT3 Cup
  • Trans Am
  • World Challenge
  • Ferrari Challenge
  • Corvette Challenge
  • Ferrari 458 Cup
  • Lotus 111R Cup
  • Nissan GT-R Challenge (no R35)

Tier 3:
  • Spec Miata (FMSC)
  • GSX-R/4 Challenge
  • Rally Cross
  • Mustang Challenge
  • S2000 Cup
  • Caterham Challenge
  • Spec NSX
  • Nissan Z Cup
  • Cappuccino Cup
  • Renault Sport Cup

Tier 4
  • Miata Cup (Hard Dog Challenge)
  • Trueno Cup
  • Honda CR-Z Cup
  • Nissan mm-R Cup
  • Jetta Challenge
  • Spec Audi TT
  • Spec Focus
  • Lupo GTi Cup
  • March Cup
  • Mini Challenge
  • Kart Racing

Last edited:
Mini Challenge is Tier 4? :( It's updated! Take a look.

Nice list by the way. Also I might start an S2000 Cup once Mini Challenge is over. Gotta love the S2000s.

So where would my rather loose spec BPR Global GT stand on that list?

It's a Super GT based series, so that should tell you.

Mini Challenge is Tier 4? :( It's updated! Take a look.

Nice list by the way. Also I might start an S2000 Cup once Mini Challenge is over. Gotta love the S2000s.

I made that list according to how I think the Tier system should be. You'll notice I dropped the FMSC down to Tier 3 due to this. You might be OK going up to Tier 3, I based it loosely on slower cars at the bottom to faster cars at the top.

JLawrence
And where would the VSCS fall in there?

Tier 3?

Shouldn't it go off of something else? Like competitiveness? How well organized it is? Just asking. Wardez did say if I got rid of the pace car it would shoot me up to Tier 3.

I've taken the liberty of creating a list of racing series I think we should encourage people to create when under the ORB banner. Some of them have already been created, however have not joined us yet and/or won't be part of our "thing". I also have organized them into groups pertaining to where they might fit into the Tier'd system. (Which I believe we should re-think)

Tier 2:
  • FIA GT3 / GT4
    [*]Spec Viper ACR
  • Lexus IS-F Cup
  • Integra Cup
  • Formula 3
  • Gallardo Trophy Cup
  • Porsche GT3 Cup
  • Trans Am
  • World Challenge
  • Ferrari Challenge
  • Corvette Challenge
  • Ferrari 458 Cup
  • Lotus 111R Cup
  • Nissan GT-R Challenge (no R35)

Exorcet and I are interested in making our Spec Viper ACR-X Series we started into a championship-style series, so I'm glad to be seeing you agreeing that it should be included. Actually, if you'd like to work with us on designing it to be a Tier2 Series, it would be more than welcome.

I made that list according to how I think the Tier system should be. You'll notice I dropped the FMSC down to Tier 3 due to this. You might be OK going up to Tier 3, I based it loosely on slower cars at the bottom to faster cars at the top.

What about looking at it in terms of accessibility to drivers of different skill levels? I'd say FMSC is pretty tough to get into based off of the types of drivers in it - very competitive.

Last edited:
Seriously, I think that is the way it should be done. If you come in under the ORB banner with a beginner license, you should start out in a Tier 4 series until you get a championship or enough wins to qualify to move up to Tier 3, etc. This really is a better way to do it, but I know my idea will get shot down. (or ignored like it has been) :P

Edit: Thanks Ruta. I'll mark it as Taken. I would be glad to help. 👍

I like the idea a lot, but if that's the case can we call the VSCS Tier 2 because of the skill level of the drivers that are taking part?

Latest Posts

Back