GTP ORB Vintage Sports Car Series | Next Race Thursday @ 9pm

• Thread starter JLawrence
  • 600 comments
Mudd
Sorry I skipped testing as well. This is the final week of the second season T/A series, and I've been devoting most of my free time to practicing my tail off in an attempt to steal 'you-know-who's' podium spot. I'll be sure to spend some more time in here after this week.

No worries Mudd, wish i could've had the time to participate in my Fords but life has a curious way of shuffling ones priorities. I will be on to help you with the SS or Z28 whichever one we decide to allow.

I would just like to say that in testing today with both the Z28 and Mach 1 I was better than a second ahead of the pace from our test session the other night. With both of them I ran mid-33's which is a second faster then the RS200 that we were already considering removing.

Damn, I was hoping you wouldn't find out....
Seriously though, that sounds about right. I've noticed the L46 & SS are about 1-2 seconds/lap slower then their premium counter parts. There is no logic behind this, besides that PD gave a lot of the standard cars generic handling characteristics. I wasn't sure if this was true for most of the foreign classics as well. Sounds like it is.

I had done some testing before with the same results, but I was second guessing myself because Mudd was having such trouble with the SS the other day. I suppose what I may wind up doing is sort of an at your discretion set up, where I will allow those, but ask that those of use that seem to have a real handle on them take the step down version. I am doing the same with my BMW2002, in which I consistently set times two seconds faster than any of the other 440 cars.

No problem JL, I have no complaints about using the SS. I'm sure there's a little more speed hiding in 'er settings somewhere. :D

I know there is. I was running that car just as fast as the E-Type when I tried it. Try lightening it then using ballast to even out the weight distribution.

Ok, here is my proposed race season:

Deep Forest - 20 Laps
Monza - 14 Laps
Nurburgring GP/F - 14 Laps
Trial Mt. - 18 Laps
Le Mans (09,Night) - 6 Laps
Laguna Seca - 18 Laps
Grand Valley East - 24 Laps
Thunder Hill (Created Track, 4.07 miles) - 12 Laps

Thoughts?
The created track is available for download off of my shared tracks list

Last edited:
I like the list but i wanna add either Indy or Daytona Road Course. I like a good technical course and both of them provide that, plus they are real courses.

Schedule looks good enough to me

sign me up with the Corvette L46 convertible

"Corvette L46 convertible" is 2 different cars in this game. (They exist in real life)

'69 Corvette convertible is a premium car <-this one is faster
'69 Corvette L46 is a standard car (coupe)

Hmm... I don't know which one he was driving, but he was turning very comparable times to me in my car. We shall have to see next time we race.

well boys, the Online Car Dealer seems to be working on our favor!! every single car in there is vintage!! lol 👍

MOTORTRENDmitch
well boys, the Online Car Dealer seems to be working on our favor!! every single car in there is vintage!! lol 👍

Seems like the new seasonal event is also in our favor, its based on the length of the car which is kinda odd but who care it looks fun!

Schedule looks good enough to me

"Corvette L46 convertible" is 2 different cars in this game. (They exist in real life)

'69 Corvette convertible is a premium car <-this one is faster
'69 Corvette L46 is a standard car (coupe)

Mine is a convertible. We ran head to head with the GT350 and my Vette is slower down the straight by a good amount. I was loosing at least 10 car lengths on the Eiger straight. I'm only driving it because I have a decent tune that should be predictable in traffic. My GT350 suddenly lets go at the rear and takes out everybody next to me. I might be able to borrow an even faster Jag if I can't drive the Vette.

So I just started getting both L46 & the Convertible ready. Turns out, before you even touch them, they are at 460pp. I personally don't like using power limiter that extensively. I also don't like adding a butt load of weight either.
So pencil me in for the '54 C1 Corvette. Might go with the '63 split window, but the power band on that one is way messed up. I'll give both of them a shot this weekend. I should be around.

So I just started getting both L46 & the Convertible ready. Turns out, before you even touch them, they are at 460pp. I personally don't like using power limiter that extensively. I also don't like adding a butt load of weight either.

I'm having the same problem with the Camaro. Been messing with gearing and different torque levels to try and work around it. The limiter causes it to really fall flat at very inopportune times...:irked:

Maybe the American V8 cars are just too much vehicle for the rest of the world. Trying to de-tune them to 440pp is tough. I'm looking forward to seeing what the '54 corvette with the "blue flame" straight 6 will do. If it doesn't do well, then at least it will have style bonus.

That's my thought with the GT350. If I can keep it together I can run times about the same as our fastest overall, but it is a serious pain to stay consistent.

On the bright side, if this does result in a successful way of tuning around the limiter, it'll do wonders for our 'street only' rooms. :sly:

Skeletor27
Maybe the American V8 cars are just too much vehicle for the rest of the world. Trying to de-tune them to 440pp is tough. I'm looking forward to seeing what the '54 corvette with the "blue flame" straight 6 will do. If it doesn't do well, then at least it will have style bonus.

I've practiced in both the Camaro and the '63 Vette and both of them just are "ok" to me. The Camaro SS is the better choice in my opinion, more power but also more weight so ill keep working on the two cars.

Latest Posts

Back