GTP ORB Vintage Sports Car Series | Next Race Thursday @ 9pm

• Thread starter JLawrence
  • 600 comments
I have a fairly good tune for the Stratos on SS tires. This car is alot of fun witb a good tune, good sharp turn in no power oversteer no body roll just point and shoot.

The Stratos is up for share along with some of my other proud tunes. Give em a go.

I'm getting these lap times @ T. Mt.:
36.5 in 54 vette
36.flat 63 vette
35.flat 69 vette (L46 standard)
34.flat 69 vette (premium)

I will be opening an online lobby in a few minutes just to mess around in, then at 6pm I will be moving to my lounge where the race shall be held.

Doing family movie night tonight so I'm going to have to miss out on tonight's racing. See you guys next race.

Test Race 2 Results: Trial Mountain
1st- AgroRacer10/Nissan 240ZG
2nd- ncthree/ Toyota 2000GT
3rd- JLawrence/ BMW2002
4th- cBcvaBch/ Ford RS200
5th- Ligerbots_Mr_E/ Corvette Stingray

First off, Agro, you're dang quick. Good race.
Anyways, a little disappointed at the lack of turn out, but regardless it was a good session on Trial Mt. I was again taken by attrition, this time out of first place =/ But, I highly doubt I would have been able to hold off Agro in that 240 regardless. I wanna say I saw a 1:33.2 set at one point. Nc was consistent as usual, and of course very fast. There were not incidents worth mentioning, other than my spin(s), and one by Agro at the beginning, none caused by contact.

Next race will be this coming Saturday again, my lounge same time.

Sorry I didn't make it guys. Absolutely beautiful day in Michigan, boss lady put her foot down and booted us all outside. Spent the whole day swimming and gettin sunburn. Sounds like I missed a real good race. Maybe I'll see some of ya on later tonight.

That was a fun race. Everyone is clean which I like. Lawerence! I just bought the bmw and tried it out. Did one lap and sold it. That car breaks loose way to easy. And if u set the rear camber agressive and the ballast a lil at the back it still breaks loose. I love the saying loose is fast but dam!

I am curious to see how my Z stands up against u guys on those long straights like monza.

I would like to see more of a turn out because this looks like it could be a good clean group of racers.

See u guys at the next track!

Sorry to have missed the race today. I had yet another birthday party... and 6:00 Eastern is mid-day here.

Oddly the next 2 weekends are equally as questionable. After those 2 weeks are over, things return to normal around here.

My weekdays are better than weekends up through the 14th.

-Z-

This is a very good, clean group. I've raced with most of them quite a bit. The poor attendance is strictly due to the fact that it's summertime for most of us. I'm sure we will have some good turn-out races here, it's just been a little bit of bad luck so far. Keep with it, this is sure to be alot of fun.

That was a fun race. Everyone is clean which I like. Lawerence! I just bought the bmw and tried it out. Did one lap and sold it. That car breaks loose way to easy. And if u set the rear camber agressive and the ballast a lil at the back it still breaks loose. I love the saying loose is fast but dam!

All about how you tune it. I ran a 33.6 before the race. I was keepin up with you before I failed...

This is a very good, clean group. I've raced with most of them quite a bit. The poor attendance is strictly due to the fact that it's summertime for most of us. I'm sure we will have some good turn-out races here, it's just been a little bit of bad luck so far. Keep with it, this is sure to be alot of fun.

Didn't think of that :P
But on that note, I will be going to NYC myself in a week or two, so unless one of you would like to host that race it will be postponed for a week.
The first of the actual races will take place at the beginning of September.

I'm sure someone will host. If you wanna stay true to SCCA theme. Keep it like a race season. I'm sure there may be a race I won't be able to make.

Lawrence. Maybe ill play around with the beamer some more. Seems like a good car. Them germans do know how to build cars.

I will host the race you miss JL. I already have most of the people on my friends list and i have a great internet connection. I also had other things to take care of(replaced a window on my Sierra 2500HD) and continue working on my Torino. Really enjoying my car at the moment and ill be back on during the week for testing.

Alright, sweet
It should be the last practice race, on Deep Forest I believe.
After that I'm going to ask that everyone has their car choice locked in and then we can begin the actual season.

Sorry I had to bail on you guys yesterday. I was hoping I would get at least one race in. But at least I now know that the 54 & 63 vette will not be competitive enough.

Skeletor27
Sorry I had to bail on you guys yesterday. I was hoping I would get at least one race in. But at least I now know that the 54 & 63 vette will not be competitive enough.

Just a thought SKEL.....but its seems when cars have to be tuned down they arnt as fast....(assuming muscle cars are all over 440pp)

When cars are tuned up, drop wieght, better results are achieved.

Its a "stock vs. Tuned" argument.

Agroracer10
Just a thought SKEL.....but its seems when cars have to be tuned down they arnt as fast....(assuming muscle cars are all over 440pp)

When cars are tuned up, drop wieght, better results are achieved.

Its a "stock vs. Tuned" argument.

This is a fact, and we are aware of it. The problem is, Skel and myself are extremely brand loyal...or at least model loyal, Skel loves his Vette's and I am a Camaro junky.

This is a fact, and we are aware of it. The problem is, Skel and myself are extremely brand loyal...or at least model loyal, Skel loves his Vette's and I am a Camaro junky.

same here. I am die hard for nissan. own a 350z and my old man has a 240z

I wanna know what you did to that Nissan. My BMW is always fast, but that thing was ridiculous.

the only way to explain it is that i spend just about 15% of my time tuning and the other 85% working on driving. I know exactly how i like my cars to act so set up is usally quick and easy.

When I tune i try to make the back end loose but when i start to get on the gas the back end bites down just enough so it doesnt spin and the front end turns in quick but stops with i start to press on the gas. (hope this helps)

the other thing is that i spend more time behind a wheel then you think. i run SCCA solo events (autocross and time trials) with a 2003 350z that ive had for 7 years, and i race sprint karts....so i litteraly spend as much time behind a wheel as i do at work.

the only way to explain it is that i spend just about 15% of my time tuning and the other 85% working on driving. I know exactly how i like my cars to act so set up is usally quick and easy.

When I tune i try to make the back end loose but when i start to get on the gas the back end bites down just enough so it doesnt spin and the front end turns in quick but stops with i start to press on the gas. (hope this helps)

the other thing is that i spend more time behind a wheel then you think. i run SCCA solo events (autocross and time trials) with a 2003 350z that ive had for 7 years, and i race sprint karts....so i litteraly spend as much time behind a wheel as i do at work.

I race a '63 Spitfire myself in a couple different vintage groups, but that's generally only at about 5 events a year (ie- about 30-35 hours track time) so I don't get as much seat time as I'd like...

My biggest problem with the game is finding a car that handles like my own car. Even the Spit they have was a pain to get driving like mine.

I race a '63 Spitfire myself in a couple different vintage groups, but that's generally only at about 5 events a year (ie- about 30-35 hours track time) so I don't get as much seat time as I'd like...

My biggest problem with the game is finding a car that handles like my own car. Even the Spit they have was a pain to get driving like mine.

your right. the 370 in the game is more like a stock 1st generation 350z.

to bad online racing cant be set up so cars are 100% equal and the better driver(s) come out on top. would make for better overall competition

Latest Posts

Back