GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
You enter the same races as everyone else Aguilar.

There is a time trial event each week, and a race each week. You can choose to enter them or not, it's not compulsory.

Time trial

Race

Good luck and welcome đź‘Ť

Carlos Fandango
You enter the same races as everyone else Aguilar.

There is a time trial event each week, and a race each week. You can choose to enter them or not, it's not compulsory.

Time trial

Race

Good luck and welcome đź‘Ť

Thanks Carlos!

Cheers

I just submitted my two best efforts after a couple of hours on either sector. It reminded me why I hate hot lapping the ring :lol:.

Hi all - just got a PS3 for Christmas and got GT 5 XL in January. Been driving the wheels off it ever since !! 60 years young and having a great time.

I'm new to GTP and want to start participating in the weekly time trials. I have a question - and probably a really dumb one too - but what is meant by my GTP_ACCOUNT? Is this the user Id I use when I log into the GTP forums? If not, what do I do to create one?

Thanks for your patience - and apologies if I've posted this in the wrong thread.

Welcome, sir. :cheers:

GTP_ACCOUNT refers to the Playstation Network id that you'll need to use when participating in WRS TT's or WRS Online Events. You would create a new user on your PS3, GTP_steamcat, for example, and start a new GT5 game using that id. Do some Seasonal Event races to level up high enough to be allowed into the AMG Special Events, and then run the GTP Registry Qualifier - GT5. Once you're accepted into the Registry (new folks are added at least once a month, sometimes more frequent), then you can start running the Time Trials and Online Events.

Hi all - just got a PS3 for Christmas and got GT 5 XL in January. Been driving the wheels off it ever since !! 60 years young and having a great time.

Welcome steamcat! :cheers:

Looking forward to seeing you on the track!

I just submitted my sector times for qualification. Driving that SLS takes a lot of work with the DS3 controllers! I wish I had my HKS controller right now, but I let my friend borrow it (yeah, I know.... :D)

I sent my times off aswell, thought about doing this for ages just never got round to it. Then started talking about it yesterday and thought I would give it a go today :D, anyway looking forward to seeing where I end up :P.

I'm new to GTP and want to start participating in the weekly time trials. I have a question - and probably a really dumb one too - but what is meant by my GTP_ACCOUNT? Is this the user Id I use when I log into the GTP forums? If not, what do I do to create one?

Thanks for your patience - and apologies if I've posted this in the wrong thread.

Welcome, Steamcat, good to see another member of the "elder" class join the WRS fun, where everyone is on a first-name basis. GT is ageless. Enjoy! :)

Hey! I just made it to Division 2 silver...i have 2 questions

1)What must i do now?? i dont have any p.m. yet.

2)My point grade is only one number (x.xxx). Considering that some members seem to have 2 different point grades like this (x.xxx-x.xxx) i would like to ask what does it mean, which is the difference etc..

Thanx for the help!

Thats the handicap when you qualified, and then the current handicap.

You need to participate to an event then you will have your current handicap updated :)

Now all you have to do is participate to the events, you have to go in the current event thread, wich is week 57, and follow the instruction in the first post. once you start running and feel happy with your lap(clean lap no red time) you can post the first splits that you are allowed to post(read first post of the event's thread...)

you post the split in the thread, like you will see everyones do.
And finaly when you feel you cant improve, you send a PM to WRSFetchbot, with your total lap time, make sure you fill everything correctly, as shown in the thread...

Welcome and goodluck!

Thats the handicap when you qualified, and then the current handicap.

You need to participate to an event then you will have your current handicap updated :)

i didnt get it...all i have to do is to participate in a wrs time trial and then it will be updated??No additional actions by me?? And how exactly does this work? does it affect my time or something. I am trying to understand it but there are too many things and information..:indiff:

Also, what about the replays? Am i waiting a p.m or i have to send it by my own?

Yo! Just submitted qualifier but I have been around for years. circa86 was me back in... 2005 WRS in GT4 days. I never really stopped playing Gran Turismo just didn't have time to keep up with WRS, not sure where I will qualify but can't wait for some good events! Qualifier was a blast.

Definitely recognize some names from back in the day.

I suppose this might have been posted before, if so sorry, but it may be useful for those considering getting a GTP_ account: The game didn't ask me to do installation, and due to the 2.0 update, you get the Stealth GT-R in your garage as soon as you open the game. Not enough money to upgrade tires to soft, so finished second on hards, got to level 14, took the credits, bought RS and got the easy win on the Nurgburgring seasonal and level 16.
It didn't take more than 10 minutes...

I'm thinking that I'm going to have less time to do WRS stuff w/ the new GT Academy getting ready to start next month so the only thing I ask is that the combos arn't to tempting and the cars selected should be less desireable. I need all the help I can get :lol:

Temptation is the "Devils Playground" :)

Not sure if I'm in the right thread, but can anyone tell me what are the different classes/divisions for participants or where I could find out?

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new in here and planning to try that gtp registry qualifier. I'm just wondering how to change my psn ID to gtp_ID? my psn ID is "i9900170" at the moment and I have noticed that it should be GTP_i9900170 in order to be eligible to these competitions. Is there a easy way to do it or do I have to make another account and start grinding..?!?

thanks for help already and sorry my english :)

or do I have to make another account and start grinding..?!?

^This but don't worry too much. About 20-30 min of seasonals and you should already be lvl12 and thus qualified to run the special event to register here. :)

thanks for the help! Is it possible to have multiple accounts in ps3 under the same mail address?
I mean do I have to have another email-address also

sorry stupid questions, and also..my id here doesn't have to be same as the ID I'm planning to make?

I'm planning "GTP_Villisika80" is it correct format?

Welcome to the WRS, add me as a PSN friend and I will grind your Bspec drivers for you.

Al

Back