GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
About time Johnny 👍👍👍, Im sure you will get a good time.

Me, too! I'd say good luck, but I doubt you'll need it 👍

Haha...thanks fellas, I appreciate the confidence but I confess I'm not much of a TT guy. It's hard for me not to be in "race" mode, conserving tires, avoiding risky maneuvres etc. So rather than do one big session I'm splitting it up into shorter sessions of a few timed runs to make sure I give this my best effort. I'm shaving some decent time off each session so far (3) so it seems to be working. Sure would be nice to have some target times but I understand the reasoning behind not publishing them. Another couple of short runs this week when I get time and that should do it.

Hi guys!

a month is passed since i have submitted my subscription... there are some news about the next driver batch? :)

Hi there,

its nice to see a countryman join this fantastic WRS, I'm sure you will like it here 👍
Hope to to see you in the online events as well.

About god damn time that another italian joins this :)

Hi,

I'm looking to submit an entry for this but I think I'm being really stupid.

I've ran the sectors as requested but as dumb as it sounds I don't how to work out my total time.

The calculator in the link does hours/minutes/secs where as the sector times are obviously minutes/secs/hund secs so when I submit them it doesn't add up properly.

How accurate do the posted times have to be? X:XX or X:XX.XXX? I know my time as X:XX but if I need the .XXX then I'm stuck. :/

On the calculator link you can leave the box for the hours blank of course.
Then you have to put minute(s) in the next box and for the next box your second should be put in like x.xxx

calculatorlink.png

In this example the calculator gives a sum with x.8089
You only need to give x.809
In case the calculator gives a sum with x.xx you can just add a zero.

Good luck!

Speedy6543
On the calculator link you can leave the box for the hours blank of course.
Then you have to put minute(s) in the next box and for the next box your second should be put in like x.xxx

In this example the calculator gives a sum with x.8089
You only need to give x.809
In case the calculator gives a sum with x.xx you can just add a zero.

Good luck!

Thanks,

Makes sense now. In the sec box I was only putting XX, I didn't think to try XX.XXX lol

Long s****y day in work today is my excuse!

I have a question regarding the placement of a driver after a submission. I feel like if i do submit and get placed at a division I might be in the wrong one. The reasons being is because i simply lack any tuning skills. The GTP_Registry Qualifier puts me in the same playing field with the rest because tuning isn't allowed.

I could imagine the rest of the time trails will allow tuning. This will put me at a huge disadvantage. I don't mind being placed at a lower division if I can't keep up with the division I'm in. My question is will this be a problem? Do you guys have any time trials with stock cars? That way I can participate while I work on some tuning.

There are time trials with tuning, and time trials without tuning. Members even post tunes for the weeks that tuning is allowed.

I have a question regarding the placement of a driver after a submission. I feel like if i do submit and get placed at a division I might be in the wrong one. The reasons being is because i simply lack any tuning skills. The GTP_Registry Qualifier puts me in the same playing field with the rest because tuning isn't allowed.

I could imagine the rest of the time trails will allow tuning. This will put me at a huge disadvantage. I don't mind being placed at a lower division if I can't keep up with the division I'm in. My question is will this be a problem? Do you guys have any time trials with stock cars? That way I can participate while I work on some tuning.

We run time trials with tuning and non-tuning events. You really don't need to worry about tuning too much as every event that involves tuning also involves other drivers posting tunes to help out. You can also ask the driver that posted the tune (or the community in general) for tips on how to adjust the tune to your driving needs (eg: it's too oversteery, or loses the rear under braking, etc.).
The WRS community is about sharing and offering tips almost as much as it is about racing and who wins 👍

As was mentioned above, some TT's are tuned, some are not and that one's that do will have tunes posted in them. If you go to the tuning forum you will find tunes for hundreds of cars and now that the offline and online physics are close if not identical, any tune should work offline or online now.

I've been searching and searching for an answer to my question. I know for a fact I can't be the first person to ask but for the life of me could I find an answer? :lol:
Anyway, I've lost access to the GTP_tomhart9 PSN ID registered, (no idea what email it was with after a lengthy absence of a PS3 from my palms) so have created a new ID with an easy email don't worry :sly:
How do I go about letting you guys know about the new ID?

If it's GTP_RedShift you changed to I'll change it in the Registry Thread and let Vaxen know so he can change it in his Registry Database.

Hello WRS/GTP community. I've submitted my GTP registry a few days ago and I'm very excited to have the chance to join this knowledgeable community. I'm looking forward to participate in your amazing time trails. I truly believe this community will have me improving in no time. I posted a question before under the ID GuyOnTheCouch. Thank you GTPorsche, Hydro and Johnnypenso for the great responses.

If it's GTP_RedShift you changed to I'll change it in the Registry Thread and let Vaxen know so he can change it in his Registry Database.

Sorry for the slow reply, yes that's the new PSN ID :)
I'll PM him now, thanks!! 👍

Hi Guys,

Is the Registration still open?
I would like to run the qualifier and compete in the weekly time trials.

Thanks,

Just to clarify (I'm feeling pretty slow mentally right now...), I need to create a new PSN ID with GTP_MyNameHere and then level my way up to run the qualifier, run it and record the times for both sectors, then submit it to Vaxen via PM correct? Then wait for a couple weeks and I'll be able to run events like the WRS TT and spec races? Or will I have the chance to run any of the academy events in the meantime as long as my GTP ID is used? I'm just hoping for some clean and competitive racing!

That sounds correct. But you'll need to wait until you're officially added to the Registry in the GTP_WRS : New Drivers and Promotions thread, before participating in the time trials or WRS Academy or weekly online races.

I would anticipate the next batch of Registry members being added before the end of the month, but be sure to spend enough time on the qualifier so that you'll be placed in the correct division. 👍

Many thanks sir! I'll try to be patient with submitting my times, but 99% of the time I clock close enough to my fastest lap within the first 3-5 tries anyway. ;)

Does anyone have any suggestions for good seasonal events to run to quickly level up a new GTP_ account? I've never ran any seasonal events on my personal PSN account before, so I have no idea what any of them are/how much EXP they give.

This thread is massive, and reading through the last bunch of pages didn't answer my question, so I'm asking anew. Thanks!

Last edited:
The OP said that the Mercedes AMG Academy Special Events are good enought to level up.
I did those events & got the enough level to run the GTP Qualifier.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good seasonal events to run to quickly level up a new GTP_ account? I've never ran any seasonal events on my personal PSN account before, so I have no idea what any of them are/how much EXP they give.

This thread is massive, and reading through the last bunch of pages didn't answer my question, so I'm asking anew. Thanks!

The Lambo seasonal @ Toscana (If it's still there!). It can be won with ridiculously low PI in the Miura (for example) and deliver 2,000,000 CR (if you make no mistakes and have very low PP) as well as inflated XP. Check the "B-Spec grinding for WRS members" thread - I stuck it in there a couple of pages back and posted a setup.

If the F1 is still there. You can earn up to almost 4 mil in 11 minutes. Choose the Eifer track with -100PP add weight so you can keep the power up en degrease the downforce also to keep the power as high as possible. The AI's are faster on the S/F straight but you beat them in the corners. Good luck.

Phalanx32

In combination with the options with seasonals above, don't forget you can share cars with the GTP_account from your main account - you're your own big best friend!

I went to level 18 in under an hour last night by running the super car seasonal event in the Calsonic Skyline.
It's an easy way to cash up a new account (because i have none) and grind the necessary levels to get to the qualifier.

I started the qualifier last night and have the 2 sectors in the bank, now i'll be trying to polish the times a little.
Judging by the times in the WRS and the times i have run as a comparison, I'M NO ALIEN . . . . .

I'm looking forward to running soon.

Cheers!

Seeing that the last submission update was on the 24th Nov, I'd say in about 3 weeks.

I'm done!!

3 hours of seat time again tonight and I'm happy with my efforts!!

Times to be submitted tomorrow.

Now we wait!!

Back