GTPFIA GT World Cup: Congratulations to our champions! MagzireGT1/hon1984GT2

• Thread starter Jav
  • 4,198 comments

Race day?

• Saturday anywhere between 4 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Saturday anywhere between 8 and 10PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Sunday anywhere between 3 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sunday anywhere between 8 and 10PM us EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can;t even get my self to look at that Camaro. It's oddly shaped.

Lol!! I think it's more a sentimental thing than anything for Owens, I don't care much about the car because of the sound. How can they get that so wrong?? If they are that lazy what they should've done was just use the Ford GT Test Car's sound and copied it for all V8 race cars!

BMW M3 GTR Race Car? The other Ford GT Race Cars? The modern Gulf one?

The M3 will for sure get a GT2 Variant, I love the looks of that Ford GT but it doesn't quite belong in GT2 is more of a GT4 car.
Also I think that it needs to be clarified that the Ford GT Test car is not elegible for GT2 is the Ford GT SpecII Race Car(standard) that is elegible.

Jav
Lol!! I think it's more a sentimental thing than anything for Owens, I don't care much about the car because of the sound. How can they get that so wrong?? If they are that lazy what they should've done was just use the Ford GT Test Car's sound and copied it for all V8 race cars!

Even if you wanna include the 2010. I'd be tickled. But that 4th gen was such the go to car for many in GT's of past. Gt4 hugely influenced my love for it.

The sound is terrible though. So is the RM Vettes.

As you said. There are a few great sounding V8's. In which would be better and more acceptable then the current sound. Idk but almost all small blocks sound similar. Almost all big blocks do too. Just make one good exhaust note and use it on many v8 cars.

Heck the ISF racer sounds more V8 then the Chevy's.

May I propose we switch to racing mediums from next season onwards with a potential move to racing hards in the future?
Mitch that idea keeps bumping and revolving in my head and I'm liking it more and more. would like to read what everyone has to say about it!
I say hards now!
I like Mitc's idea better.

Even if you wanna include the 2010. I'd be tickled. But that 4th gen was such the go to car for many in GT's of past. Gt4 hugely influenced my love for it.

The sound is terrible though. So is the RM Vettes.

As you said. There are a few great sounding V8's. In which would be better and more acceptable then the current sound. Idk but almost all small blocks sound similar. Almost all big blocks do too. Just make one good exhaust note and use it on many v8 cars.

Heck the ISF racer sounds more V8 then the Chevy's.
Definitely! And use the freaking Enzo's racing exhaust sound for all V12!

So are we running LMP?
Edit: GT1 I mean?

What are you on?
Gt1/GT2, nothing is changing about that. Just revised specs for the cars and a new batch of cars for GT2.

1) Jav
2) MitchF1GTR
3) Sephy71
4) hon1987 ( theres no s there btw... Just hon will do fine!)
5) Magzire ("Giddy Up!")
6) jepoks
7) tatoune (this is it)
8)t_ray_BADASS! lol
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)

Last edited:
I agree with the idea of mediums, it was fun for the RM Enduros but idk how GT1 (specifically vipers) will handle it.

Rich77
I agree with the idea of mediums, it was fun for the RM Enduros but idk how GT1 (specifically vipers) will handle it.

It will be more touch and go. However there is 100 ft lbs of TQ that can be removed and still make 682 HP. That might be the ticket.

I love the softs. For we are pushing them like a medium and hard. We just go faster and harder with them.

Heck I'd be down for a hard tire start and open from there. Or medium starts and open.

It will be more touch and go. However there is 100 ft lbs of TQ that can be removed and still make 682 HP. That might be the ticket.

I love the softs. For we are pushing them like a medium and hard. We just go faster and harder with them.

Heck I'd be down for a hard tire start and open from there. Or medium starts and open.

That's a good concept but can get a bit confusing, but it can be done! Keep the ideas coming guys!
Pole possition will get points and so will fastest lap.

gogatrs
Now I'm serious about not signing up unless we do full day/night cycle.

Is that all it takes to be rid of you? ;) J/K Gatrs!

But:
Screw that night racing. Make it an optional race if you do. ;)

On the real. I will suffer through if I have too.

Blasting down the fast sections at 180mph with not seeing turns is quite a thrill though, too bad will be out of town sunday :(

Now I'm serious about not signing up unless we do full day/night cycle.
I'm sorry to read that Gatr.
Is that all it takes to be rid of you? ;) J/K Gatrs!

But:
Screw that night racing. Make it an optional race if you do. ;)

On the real. I will suffer through if I have too.
I know you would, but I we're not going trough that hell again!

Blasting down the fast sections at 180mph with not seeing turns is quite a thrill though, too bad will be out of town sunday :(
It can be fun but The GT1 cars simply dont have the grip levels of an LMP car and have way much more power and torque than a GT2 car.

Latest revision of the GT2 Spec sheet:
GPTPFIA_GT2_Season2_Specs_B.jpg

Jav
I'm sorry to read that Gatr.

I know you would, but I we're not going trough that hell again!

It can be fun but The GT1 cars simply dont have the grip levels of an LMP car and have way much more power and torque than a GT2 car.

Latest revision of the GT2 Spec sheet:

I'm looking at either the Nomad Diablo GT-1 or the NSX-R LM Race Car

I'm starting to think I only have time for one series, and it'll have to be on a weekend, so this would be it.. I'm in for season 2! But I honestly am down for GT1 or GT2! As long as its a Vette!

I'm starting to think I only have time for one series, and it'll have to be on a weekend, so this would be it.. I'm in for season 2! But I honestly am down for GT1 or GT2! As long as its a Vette!

And there's a Vette waiting with your name on it on either class!

Jav man we've gotta cut the weight and power of the GT2 class. 1150kg/470hp should be the target figure not 1300kg and 500+hp. Just sayin...

Jav man we've gotta cut the weight and power of the GT2 class. 1150kg/470hp should be the target figure not 1300kg and 500+hp. Just sayin...

Sounds reasonable. GT2 are racing cars so i dont see why they have extra weight.

Puts up planetlemans copyright pictures?

BTW, real ACO spec for GT2 is 1150kg, 470kg min and for GT1 is 1200kg/600hp or 1250kg/650hp iirc.

Last edited:
Puts up planetlemans copyright pictures?

BTW, real ACO spec for GT2 is 1150kg, 470kg min and for GT1 is 1200kg/600hp or 1250kg/650hp iirc.

How can that be real?

Page 26 of the ACO Technical regulations for GTEhttp://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/1/1/ressources/Pdf/2011/24heures_du_mans/reglements/2011-technical-regulations.pdf

says the GT2 minimum weight is 1245kg........

I don't even know what your referring to with the 470kg or the 1150kg?

Can you link me to where you got those numbers from....

In addition regardless of the picture being copyright im not mass distributing it so i have no clue what the issue is? If you copy the image url it takes you straight to the planetlemans website.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back