GTPFIA GT World Cup: Congratulations to our champions! MagzireGT1/hon1984GT2

• Thread starter Jav
  • 4,198 comments

Race day?

• Saturday anywhere between 4 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Saturday anywhere between 8 and 10PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Sunday anywhere between 3 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sunday anywhere between 8 and 10PM us EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats GTE not GT2....I'm sorry I should have said 2010 GT1 and GT2 specs not 2011 GTE specs...

Didn't mean 470kg, thats a typo. Heres the correct specs for 2010:

470hp/1150kg - GT2
600hp/1200kg or 650hp/1250kg - GT1

Thats GTE not GT2....I'm sorry I should have said 2010 GT1 and GT2 specs not 2011 GTE specs...

Didn't mean 470kg, thats a typo. Heres the correct specs for 2010:

470hp/1150kg - GT2
600hp/1200kg or 650hp/1250kg - GT1

1 sec

470hp is a figure I've seen bandied around teams I've been involved with.....

LMS 2010 regs. This is on the Le Mans Series site, forget the hp if you want but the weights are there, 1145kg minimum but you can see depending on tire size the 1245kg figure is used.

470hp is a figure I've seen bandied around teams I've been involved with.....

LMS 2010 regs. This is on the Le Mans Series site, forget the hp if you want but the weights are there, 1145kg minimum but you can see depending on tire size the 1245kg figure is used.

Teams you've been involved with? not denying your affiliation but not believing it either.Your 19 lol

Are we doing FIA GT2 or ACO GT2 because those are two different animals...... This is FIA GT2 i assume.

And the number is 480hp from the corvette, ferrari, websites and 500hp in the M3 GT2.....but i don;t know how believable those ares.

Well i guess 1150kg is good figure to start with but i hope all the cars can go that low.....I don;t buy the giving the heavier cars more horsepower because heavier = more tire wear.

Last edited:
You do understand the FIA uses the ACO regulations for GT right? Other than the 'Ratel GT1s' the FIA doesn't set the regs....

You do understand the FIA uses the ACO regulations for GT right? Other than the 'Ratel GT1s' the FIA doesn't set the regs....

No. thats why the BMW M3 GT2 isn't allowed in FIA GT2. Its slightly different. its a real pain to explain.

It wouldn't be allowed in ACO rules racing either if they didn't give it all the waivers its got....

Jav is not running the GT2 cars at 1150kg. The reason is because most of the car even with stage 3 weight removal don;t get down to 1150kg. that aston is 1387kg.....Alot of the cars are too heavy...

We're using race cars for season 2, don't get ahead of yourself.

Now for the BMW M3 GT....These are the 3 obvious ones but theres more considering this is really meant to be a GT2-S (GT2 sedan class proposed 2 or so years ago)...

1) The engine is moved out of its original position in the car (alot further back). Thats a no no by the regs.

2) The suspension is completely different, not talking the springs and...its the whole assembly. A major no no by the regs.

3) The transmission layout has been changed from a front mounted trans to a transaxle. This is also a huge no no.

Those .pdfs can only get you so far in understanding the story....

We're using race cars for season 2, don't get ahead of yourself.

Now for the BMW M3 GT....These are the 3 obvious ones but theres more considering this is really meant to be a GT2-S (GT2 sedan class proposed 2 or so years ago)...
1) The engine is moved out of its original position in the car (alot further back). Thats a no no by the regs.
2) The suspension is completely different, not talking the springs and...its the whole assembly. A major no no by the regs.
3) The transmission layout has been changed from a front mounted trans to a transaxle. This is also a huge no no.
Those .pdfs can only get you so far in understanding the story....
I'd prefer the wool wasn't pulled over my eyes........ and don;t want to go too off topic but this a GT2 car lol so seems on topic..

The engine move is legal as defined in the LM24 regulations. It says you can move the engine wherever as long as it stays front engined and you don't change the cockpit dimensions because of that. Thats what they did. It low and far back but they didn't reshape the cockpit. Their's alot of interior shots.....

You say the suspension is completely different. Thats sounds a bit vague. It;s not as dramatic as you think. unlike the other GT2 cars the M3 road car suspension is not made for racing.....It;s cheap for one(single wishbone)....Compared to all the other cars that run double wishbone.....Thats only bringing them to the same level as everyone else.

in addition yes at first this car was designed for GT2-S. But times have changed....There were two specs of cars the American and the European. The European one was built to GT2(didnt have all the trick aero devices the American one had). They have since scrapped the American one and run the European one in America which in fact the ACO is happy with.

The transaxle is the only glaring issue i see and considering its the highest volume selling and cheapest of all the GT2 cars you'd expect they'd have to do a bit of work to make it suitable for racing.

For sure the M3 is not a suitable car for GT2 racing....But it's not their decison. If Mario Theissen had it his way they would have a competitor to the 911 and 458 in their road car lineup(no bangle butts aloud lol)....and that would be the basis of their GT2 car.....

But cool. I wonder how this is going to work out. The GT2 cars will all be racecars? How many are their exactly.

Theirs a heck of a lot of LM racecars though. could we try those...But alot are standard.

You can't change the suspension layout of the race car from the road car. The road car only has single wishbones and so the race car should too but its got double wishbones, that alone makes it illegal....doesn't matter if its trying to make them equal to the other cars, its straight up illegal and thats to the letter of the rules.

The engine placement is disputable but last I heard it wasn't quite legal.

And yeah I'm 19, its amazing where you can go when you have the right connections....no matter what the age.

For the GT2 cars, check the last post on page 172...

Jav
I'm sorry to read that Gatr.

I know you would, but I we're not going trough that hell again!

It can be fun but The GT1 cars simply dont have the grip levels of an LMP car and have way much more power and torque than a GT2 car.

Latest revision of the GT2 Spec sheet:
GPTPFIA_GT2_Season2_Specs_B.jpg

wow this is great...

Is theirno longer going to be a GT1 class?

Last edited:
Arrrrrrrgh! Massive issue with my pedals on the eve of the finale! Gonna have to come up with a quick fix whilst I order the spare parts!

Teams you've been involved with? not denying your affiliation but not believing it either.Your 19 lol

Are we doing FIA GT2 or ACO GT2 because those are two different animals...... This is FIA GT2 i assume.

And the number is 480hp from the corvette, ferrari, websites and 500hp in the M3 GT2.....but i don;t know how believable those ares.

Well i guess 1150kg is good figure to start with but i hope all the cars can go that low.....I don;t buy the giving the heavier cars more horsepower because heavier = more tire wear.

Since we are discussing technical Specs I tought you'd enjoy this:
http://prattmiller.com/newspics/GT1GT2Comparison.pdf

Arrrrrrrgh! Massive issue with my pedals on the eve of the finale! Gonna have to come up with a quick fix whilst I order the spare parts!
What pedals are you using hon?

GT1 class i mean......Most of the GT1 cars are now GT2 cars

Don't worry GT1 is and will be alive and well for season 2, there are some changes and adjustments on the specs that I won't reveal till this season is over.

Jav
What pedals are you using hon?

G25s... The potentiometer in the brake is going, so I'm going to switch it around with the clutch for now, and order some potentiometers on monday. It has been playing up ( ghost raking for a while, but it is really bad now, and stays on 10 percent intermitently.

G25s... The potentiometer in the brake is going, so I'm going to switch it around with the clutch for now, and order some potentiometers on monday. It has been playing up ( ghost raking for a while, but it is really bad now, and stays on 10 percent intermitently.

You should be ok, the race is most probably ganna be pushed back to next week since we don't have the 10 drivers to make up an official race... What we can do tomorrow is do an exhibition with the people we have and test out the new GT2 cars. Who's up for that?

The exact same happening to me. Was just talking to owen about it last night, but it only happens in GT5. What are the odds that we with have the same issue woth the brake potentiometer. So it has to be just a GT5 bug.

The exact same happening to me. Was just talking to owen about it last night, but it only happens in GT5. What are the odds that we with have the same issue woth the brake potentiometer. So it has to be just a GT5 bug.

Ohh trust me it's not just a Logitec issue, I had to leave practice last Sunday and rip my Fanatec standard pedals appart to fix the potentiometers! I have to do it every few weeks on this POS's!!

ep3hk
i can not decide which of these series to join. too many options!
Feel free to fill up the form, we can put you as a resserve or you can join season 2 wich we should start in a few weeks!
We are most likely going to do an exhibition race tomorrow using next season's GT2 cars so feel free to join us, test it out and decide if you'd like to join us for season 2!

I ll let you know if switching them around fixes it. Still going to order the parts though.

Last edited:
hon1987
I ll let you know if switching them around fixes it. Still going to order thr parts though

I do believe there is a better potentiometer available to be retrofitted to the G2X. Sorry I can't recall who. But surely a little google and GTP search will net the results. Also be sure it's a ps3 compatible mod. ;)

OwensRacing
I do believe there is a better potentiometer available to be retrofitted to the G2X. Sorry I can't recall who. But surely a little google and GTP search will net the results. Also be sure it's a ps3 compatible mod. ;)

I've already sourced the parts, just a case of ordering them now, I'll fire a link on here later. They should be compatable with ps3 , it being a variable resistor, it's just a case of straight swapping with the old units.
Another option is Fanatec club sports, but they cost more than the wheel itself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back