GTPFIA GT World Cup: Congratulations to our champions! MagzireGT1/hon1984GT2

• Thread starter Jav
  • 4,198 comments

Race day?

• Saturday anywhere between 4 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Saturday anywhere between 8 and 10PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Sunday anywhere between 3 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sunday anywhere between 8 and 10PM us EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Jav, here are some tips to get a great race quality for a race.

-Do not use fixed host. This will deteriorate the race quality and if the host loses connection, then everyone is kicked and no race results will come out of it.

-Fixed host means that you are the host throughout the session. If you (the host) quit, or unexpectedly lose connection, then that means that everyone else will quit involuntarily. It is used to ensure a stable connection at the loss of race quality (a big and noticeable drop). This is also refered to as a star topology (basically), where one PS3 acts as a server and the other PS3s that connect act as clients.

-By having a non-fixed host lobby, you may run the extra risk of disconnecting, but is very seldom I've noticed. This is also known as a mesh topology (basically), were all the PS3s connected to each other exchange info to each other. I have yet to see a room host transfer over until the host quits.

-Set race quality to at least 4 stars. Voice quality doesn't matter.

Other than those tips, anything else is good.

I hope this helps you guys. Good run today and good luck later!

Also aside from the connection tips keep in mind you guys aren't the only people rusty- we all are. So make sure to give a little more space than usual, be more forgiving of accidents, and it can't hurt to reread the rules/procedure ;)

Practice Room up GT1/GT2/GT3 combined.

1472-6681-3225-0601-2819

1472-6681-3115-0601-2819

Room closed.

Last edited:
Cool, be there in a minute.

Room not found

Hmmm. It's still open. Let me check the room number again. Also, make sure not to put the hyphens (dashes) in when searching for the room.

Well, my mistake:

Actual room number:

1472-6681-3115-0601-2819

Sorry about that. That explains why nobody was showing up.

Room closed.

Oh and Rich77, I'm US EST.

Last edited:
hey jav...i know you turn mics off for the races but do you think you could at least keep the music on....if someone doesn't want music they could turn it off themselves in the options

I'm with magz on this one, psn still down in the uk, but if you guys wanna go ahead, you are welcome. Still 9 hours to go, but I'm not holding my breath!

If people aren't going to make it, I'd say have an exhibition race. It will serve as a warm up seeing how a lot of people haven't been playing GT5 since the outage.

Yeah.. because I may not be there either... I kind of made plans, figuring the PSN wouldn't work... not to mention, mine some reason won't connect anyway. I've been trying all morning since you guys siad you're are. And I'm getting nothing.

If people aren't going to make it, I'd say have an exhibition race. It will serve as a warm up seeing how a lot of people haven't been playing GT5 since the outage.

Plus there will most likely be a lot more connection problems/disconnects since the servers are just getting filled and as with any new "product" there are always little bugs. I think regardless we should race today, but it will not count for any standings/points, yet we should still follow all the official rules/conduct to get a feel for the game and the series again.

Plus aside from the US and limited UK, most people don't have PSN yet.

Guys the race will be pushed back a week, I understand the situation and don't want anyone to fall behind in the standings due to PSN not being fully operational.
We will have an exhibiton race tonight on a race that's not on the calendar, most likely will be Grand Valley Full.

Jav
Guys the race will be pushed back a week, I understand the situation and don't want anyone to fall behind in the standings due to PSN not being fully operational.
We will have an exhibiton race tonight on a race that's not on the calendar, most likely will be Grand Valley Full.

I am in for tonights race!!! 40 laps please!!!

Yeah.. because I may not be there either... I kind of made plans, figuring the PSN wouldn't work... not to mention, mine some reason won't connect anyway. I've been trying all morning since you guys siad you're are. And I'm getting nothing.

Not all regions of the United States have PSN service right now. Just keep trying until you get it. You do need to download a system update in order to sign in, then change your password, so try searching for an update via System Update in the XMB through the Internet. If you are still getting that maintenance error message still, then that means your area does not have access to the PSN right now. Not all services have been restored (i.e. PS Store) for all regions.

I am down for an exhibition race! GVS sounds good.

Not all regions of the United States have PSN service right now. Just keep trying until you get it. You do need to download a system update in order to sign in, then change your password, so try searching for an update via System Update in the XMB through the Internet. If you are still getting that maintenance error message still, then that means your area does not have access to the PSN right now. Not all services have been restored (i.e. PS Store) for all regions.

I did the update last night. But it just isn't connecting to the PSN some reason. :scared:

I did the update last night. But it just isn't connecting to the PSN some reason. :scared:

The update rolled out before the servers were coming online. Don't worry it'll be up for you soon :)

anyone else having trouble in the NYC area logging in....

i installed the update but i cant change my passworrd....i keep getting an error message after i try to make a new one....

Alright tonight is a no go for me. I thought I could but now I have mono and it's getting worse and worse, so enjoy the racing hopefully everyone can get online.

Buy FWIW my brother is playing online and we live in central NJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back