GTPFIA GT World Cup: Congratulations to our champions! MagzireGT1/hon1984GT2

• Thread starter Jav
  • 4,198 comments

Race day?

• Saturday anywhere between 4 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Saturday anywhere between 8 and 10PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Sunday anywhere between 3 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sunday anywhere between 8 and 10PM us EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jav
Awsome pics Atlas thank's for posting!
No protests or complaints so far a real clean race from everyone! Results and standings to be updated officially tonight! Great racing guys!

No complaints here except for my ankle! I think 30 laps was a bit too far for it endurance wise... :lol:

Good post owens!

I just noticed something odd about the point scoring system

gt1poi10.jpg

Since there are only 8 GT1 cars and 8 GT2 cars, 9th-16th point positions are effectively irrelevant and the points in the top 8 are heavily favoring lower placed drivers...last (8th) place is generously awarded with 15 points. So in effect 2 last place finishes are equivalent to 1 win... :odd:

Great words indeed Owens! We all share the same desire, the desire to compete the desire to win, we do get to know each other better than we realize in this past time we share. It is always a pleasure to run with you guys!

I just noticed something odd about the point scoring system

gt1poi10.jpg

Since there are only 8 GT1 cars and 8 GT2 cars, 9th-16th point positions are effectively irrelevant and the points in the top 8 are heavily favoring lower placed drivers...last (8th) place is generously awarded with 15 points. So in effect 2 last place finishes are equivalent to 1 win... :odd:

Doesn't matter. Points is still fair according to the finish position if you take part in all races. you have nothing to gain coming 8th :)

Doesn't matter. Points is still fair according to the finish position if you take part in all races. you have nothing to gain coming 8th :)
It matters...I don't know any series where 2 last place finishes earn as many points as one win :confused:...there's basically a 15pt bonus for just showing up. Then we're racing for the other 15 points. The difference between 1st and 2nd expressed in percent of available points is negligible...therefore those of us who missed a couple of races are out of contention already.

I also didn't realize there was no bonus for pole position nor fastest lap :confused:. No incentive to do well in qualifying....the most effective strategy just might be to stay back, let the others take each other out and win on pit strategy. I absolutely love this series but the point system leaves much to be desired.

Again the racing in this series is super fun but the extra fun of fighting for the championship is sadly missing.

It matters...I don't know any series where 2 last place finishes earn as many points as one win :confused:...there's basically a 15pt bonus for just showing up. Then we're racing for the other 15 points. The difference between 1st and 2nd expressed in percent of available points is negligible...therefore those of us who missed a couple of races are out of contention already.

I also didn't realize there was no bonus for pole position nor fastest lap :confused:. No incentive to do well in qualifying....the most effective strategy just might be to stay back, let the others take each other out and win on pit strategy. I absolutely love this series but the point system leaves much to be desired.

Again the racing in this series is super fun but the extra fun of fighting for the championship is sadly missing.
I am looking and looking into it guys, this is our first season and the points system was ment to keep people in the running till the end. However you bring some good and valid points Atlas. Season 2 will see a points re-arrangement along with some other changes.

Looks like it was a great race! I wish I could have made it but I didn't even get home until today lol.

Looks like it was a great race! I wish I could have made it but I didn't even get home until today lol.

It really was! And the Vette had the Lambo after all, would've been a good race for you man!

Q: which flavor of Monza are we going to run next Sun? And what are the rules in the chicanes as far as going over curbs/white concrete/green concrete?

I wanna get a lil personal maybe slightly emotional.

Sitting here reading the threads. Checking out those racers in which we all have spent many laps chasing, racing, or running for our lives from. Makes one realize how well you know the fellow racers. Truly amazing how the sim side actually brings so much real world racing into ones life.

I grew up with a father racing. He owned a Dirt Late Model. Uncle Drove. From birth till 8ish I grew up at the dirt track. It was racing or bust. Race fuel still makes me feel like a child snuggling with a security blanket. The sound of a camming V8 is a soothing lullaby. I literally could sleep for a week with humming howl of a big tire on the hauler rolling done the highway.

So with a tightly engrained desire to race and be around racing. I had always wanted too. The oldman and mom. Decided after spending an obscene amount on a motor to try and make the big one. World 100 This one could lead to asphalt racing and possible NASCAR. However unfortunately this hot motor decided to puke it's innards onto the clay at Eldora during hot lapping. Mom said that's it. We tried to go big. Motor blown. Salvage what you can sell it off. Focus on business and kids. There was four of us. So now at 8 all my life goes gone. I was left with an empty hole. I knew nothing else.

So as I progressed in life. I raced what I could. Bikes, RC's......excelled in RC racing. With the hard work I prayed my father would see that I have talent and build very solid cars. That whole blown motor ruining my life still leaves a distaste. Thought possible he realize that deep desire and harness it knowing i would work harder and smarter not have issues he did. Not so much. So I grow to driving age and kinda stale out. Attending the races. My other uncle owned a car. So I did get to wrench and be involved. Worked for me. At age 18 I am a man. I will buy my own race car. Well the oldman and mom instilled good money spending and pretty much I wasn't nearly as ignorant to less known sides of racing as most. Where I would not get buried. So with that I decided to try drag racing my daily driver. That really filled some voids. But truly going straight is not racing. I want to turn and brake. Use strategy Lap after lap. . I pretty much gave up on this dream.

So still to this day I can't come to terms with owning my own racer. It just to expensive and would put my kids out as well myself relative to work. Maybe when my kids are grown. I join a slower class of racing for old guys.

Being a GT fan since day. I had always dreamed of cockpits sitting in living room. Racing online with others. Racing while virtually is at a minimal investment. I was like man this is perfect idea for people similar to myself. Maintained this dream and during the DFGT GT4 days I about committed. However said not till there is a clutch and shifter. Now gt5 rolls around and the wheels are incredible. Clutches. Banger sticks. It's time. got G27 built a cock pit and proceeded to improve my skills and get into leagues.

So now we are present time. With the Sim Racing. I have gotten know many. In which I never dreamed of this side the side that seems to be the binding of what is racing. The racers!!! Friendships with those that have exactly sane desires as yourself. That's really great to have. As well getting know each others driving. Know who is fast and who to chase. Who pass when and where.
These things really add a depth. I have never really had. Amazing to me that sim racing provides such depth in once racing career. Wether you sit in front of a screen or in an actual car. We come to love and respect the other racers.

There are many names I could toss out and tell you what kind of driver they are as well prob type of person of track. ;) the race is an emotional rollercoaster. One that will show true colors of a persons character.

After all that. I wanna say thank you all. Everyone here should be proud of being. Sim Racer. While some may think it's just a game and playing. They never sat down and attempted anything that requires 45-2.5hrs of commitment. You don't get breaks, you don't get a breather. You mentally and sometime physically exhaust yourself. This is something many can't handle. They just don't have what it takes.

Fellow Racers. You are Elite!

Owens, you pretty much nailed the same thoughts I've had for a loooong time man! Well put!... Care if I borrow part of this? I have a lot of friends that don't seem to understand why I take it seriously! lol, I'd like to post it on my facebook, and maybe it will give them a sense of why. 👍:)

TBH, I could care less about the points/prizes.
As Owens said, getting to know a group of guys like these is the real prize.

Owens, I like to think that I'm thankful for my parents for buying me my kart, bringing me to my races, etc. etc.
Truth is, after reading that post, I'm probably not.
If something were to happen to my kart, I would be devastated, it's like a fourth (yes I have three brothers :crazy:) brother to me.
Even though I've only driven it in one race, I've already bonded with it.
Don't get me wrong, my Dad loves racing just as much as me, if not more than me.
This is a huge commitment both financially, physically, and time wise.
We're a middle classed family, and racing isn't cheap. We've had to cut back on just about everything else. My Mom was even considering getting a Prius to save gas money. :yuck: (Don't worry, I talked her out of it) They refuse to pay me my $1 allowance per week. (Then again, I don't really bother demanding one dollar from them lol)

From my days indoor racing, I've gotten to know a good number of very fast other kids.
We've learned from eachother so much.
We make moves on eachother now that would end in a ball of fire a few months ago.
Very similar to what I'm already experiencing with the ALMS guys and the guys I kart with regularly.
It's just beginning to come on now here.

This is why I love this website and why I'm so addicted.
If someone were to ask me to take drugs, this will be my excuse of why I shouldn't.

Q: which flavor of Monza are we going to run next Sun? And what are the rules in the chicanes as far as going over curbs/white concrete/green concrete?

We will be using the regular GP version(chicanes), rules are pretty simple curbs are part of the track, no wheels on the blue on 2nd chicane no 2 wheel have to be on track at all times. We will discuss further in the drivers meeting.

My McLaren did not like Suzuka, it had way too mug understeer.

It's going to shine at Monza though.
I wouldn't be surprised if hon and I had a McLaren 1-2 finish.

Haha aw man but all it is is memorizing braking points, the whole track is based around chicanes. I guess I'm not winning this fight tho lol.

My McLaren did not like Suzuka, it had way too mug understeer.

It's going to shine at Monza though.
I wouldn't be surprised if hon and I had a McLaren 1-2 finish.

What's your camber Gatr? It looked like you were running way to much negative camber...

You guys have all the fun! I've never actually raced before in real life (except for pay karts, like the ones at amusement parks). He did, however, take me to a small time oval track back when I was living in Minnesota. I think it was a small division of NASCAR, but I don't remember. It was pretty fun. I even got to see the cars up close and meet some of the drivers! I also got to sit in one of the cockpits! I do remember that my brother and my dad bet on which car would win (I'm not much of a gambling type), and they both lost to the vehicle that was the most quiet.

I really do want to get into the racing biz, but my lack of funds is really killing me.

Jav
What's your camber Gatr? It looked like you were running way to much negative camber...

I probably was on the front, but that was in an attempt to fix the understeer on the latter part of the turn...

Thats where I was experiencing most of the issues.

Meanwhile, Jav's Ford GT showing some wear and tear
10.jpg

this pic must have been taken right after jav ever so slightly bumped my rear tire causing rear damage...i didn't lose any traction at all from it and i still had to pit to fix the damage :(
i only had to pit 2 times from damage this race which was a lot better then the last 2 races were i had to pit 2 times in the first 4 laps,and always on the parade lap...i think i was a little to passive though because there were times i was following gt2 cars for 1\2 waiting to pass cleanly ...

very nice read Owen 👍

i really gotta talk my wife into letting me spend money for a wheel...

1 more thing...if anyone wants i can upload the replay into youtube through my tv card...but i don't know who to put the camera on....unless there is a rotating camera option...

I probably was on the front, but that was in an attempt to fix the understeer on the latter part of the turn...

Thats where I was experiencing most of the issues.

I had the same understeer issues at first, but then i moved the ballast backwards and it seemed to handle a bit more neutrally. Still, this cars no good on worn rubber... Once you hit half way on tyre wear, it lets you know about it!

I quite enjoyed running the Mclaren around suzuka, though I got mugged
in the esses:embarrassed:
The car was quick in the parts you would expect it to be, its just the low speed corners the lambo had better traction, and the high speed the corvette had more grip! It was fun out braking Flyin in to the Final chicane though!

You guys have all the fun! I've never actually raced before in real life (except for pay karts, like the ones at amusement parks). He did, however, take me to a small time oval track back when I was living in Minnesota. I think it was a small division of NASCAR, but I don't remember. It was pretty fun. I even got to see the cars up close and meet some of the drivers! I also got to sit in one of the cockpits! I do remember that my brother and my dad bet on which car would win (I'm not much of a gambling type), and they both lost to the vehicle that was the most quiet.

I really do want to get into the racing biz, but my lack of funds is really killing me.

I second that! Closest I've ever been has been buying a pit pass for the local dirt track, walking around talking to guys and asking the really friendly guys iif they needed a hand! Only driving experience was me being an idiot teenager with my camaro, which resulted in a hefty 4 digit fine and some months being taxied around by my friends... :ouch:

1 more thing...if anyone wants i can upload the replay into youtube through my tv card...but i don't know who to put the camera on....unless there is a rotating camera option...

There's no rotating camera like there was in GT3. That was my favorite replay angle because the camera always cuts to where the action is and it didn't really focus on one car. The focus would be the mid point between the vehicles in question. Why PD didn't include this feature in future releases is beyond me.

I also want to start posting vids on Youtube, but lack a capture card to do so. Or a DVR. Or a camera. Ok, so I lack everything.

I also want to start posting vids on Youtube, but lack a capture card to do so. Or a DVR. Or a camera. Ok, so I lack everything.

lol..i was thinking about just uploading it with the GT1 winner as the camera guy,i dont want it to be a boring vid if he was pretty much by himself all race...and uploading 15 times is a little to much....considering i havta do it in real time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back