GTPFIA GT World Cup: Congratulations to our champions! MagzireGT1/hon1984GT2

• Thread starter Jav
  • 4,198 comments

Race day?

• Saturday anywhere between 4 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Saturday anywhere between 8 and 10PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Sunday anywhere between 3 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sunday anywhere between 8 and 10PM us EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting in the basement at my folks. Tornado Warnings. Once my son chills I head home. Were in the clear. He has a phobia of storms. Trying hard to make it.

Im up for the race and I cant get into the room, I put my name down on the driver list and still cant make it...

Ah stuff this, I cant ever seem to get it right when it comes to making the race and the only time I do some numpty not on the list takes my spot. Sorry Sephy but I cant be bothered anymore, Jav can you take my name off both the drivers lists?

Yet another great race. Congratulations to the winners. Never ever do a one pit stop again! Thought i could nurse it to victory lol, but i was terrible slow.
Atlas was really quick. Shame you went wide a few times, definitely was yours. What the hell happened to jav and owen?

Great race guys. Thank you for allowing me to participate!

I also want to say that I'm sorry for tapping you like that on accident Flyin. I fealt very bad after that. Or atleast I think it was you.

Unofficial results:

-------------------------------
Overall:
1.) JPzer (GT1)
2.) Shrugging_Atlas (GT1)
3.) Magzire (GT1)
4.) OwensRacing (GT1)
5.) Tatoune (GT1)
6.) Jav (GT1)
7.) El_Aliens (GT2)
8.) Stormy (GT2)
9.) FlyinHawaiian (GT2)
10.) MojoToker (GT2)
11.) hon (GT2)
12.) Tr1mble (GT1)
13.) jepoks (GT2)
14.) GrayFox (GT1)
15.) Rich (GT2)
16.) gogatrs (GT2)

By Class:
GT1
1.) JPzer
2.) Shrugging_Atlas
3.) Magzire
4.) OwensRacing
5.) Tatoune
6.) Jav
7.) Tr1mble
8.) GrayFox

GT2
1.) El_Aliens
2.) Stormy
3.) FlyinHawaiian
4.) MojoToker
5.) hon
6.) jepoks
7.) Rich
8.) gogatrs

Manufacturers

Overall:
1.) Citroen (GT1)
2.) Dodge (GT1)
3.) BMW (GT1)
4.) Dodge (GT1)
5.) Ford (GT1)
6.) Ford (GT1)
7.) Lamborghini (GT2)
8.) Chevrolet (GT2)
9.) Lamborghini (GT2)
10.) Dodge (GT2)
11.) McLaren (GT2)
12.) Nissan (GT1)
13.) Lamborghini (GT2)
14.) Pagani (GT1)
15.) Audi (GT2)
16.) McLaren (GT2)

By Class:
GT1
1.) Citroen
2.) Dodge
3.) BMW
4.) Dodge
5.) Ford
6.) Ford
7.) Nissan
8.) Pagani

GT2
1.) Lamborghini
2.) Chevrolet
3.) Lamborghini
4.) Dodge
5.) McLaren
6.) Lamborghini
7.) Audi
8.) McLaren

Congratulations to all our winners!

Last edited:
Yet another great race. Congratulations to the winners. Never ever do a one pit stop again! Thought i could nurse it to victory lol, but i was terrible slow.
Atlas was really quick. Shame you went wide a few times, definitely was yours. What the hell happened to jav and owen?

Not really a good race for my part, had a close encounter of the GT2 kind going into the 130R on 6th gear full throttle right after my first stop and had no choice but the sand trap and ultimately the wall wich gave me damage on 3 corners and engine so I had to pit immediately and that just took me out of a fight for 5th...
Was a great race and hat's off to Aliens and JPzer who came out of nowere to claim victry in their respective classes! Well done guys! Hope to see you on the remaining races!

hows the points work for Aliens and JPzer? do they carry on from the person they replaced or start from scratch?

hows the points work for Aliens and JPzer? do they carry on from the person they replaced or start from scratch?

Nope they Are a completely new entry so this are their first points scored.

Sounds like you guys had a great time! Wish I could have been there! Seriously! I've been looking forward to this, but it is what it is! I've still got no PSN at this point in time... Hopefully next week!

Magzire

Was a decent start. Wished I had the time planned for tuning back. But when the tornado sirens are blaring and you know some red is headed your way you grab cover. So came in very green. Been 30 days since I driven the car or track. Wished I would of tightened it up some.

Anyway. Was running for position on a draft with tatoune on straight coming unto 130R. I swing out to the left get about side by side and all hello broke loose. Tat had gotten over on the right and fell victim of the odd edge there on the right. Hit grass and instantly it took 3 corners and engine dmg. Lucky close to pit. This Lap 7. Still managed a 2 stop race. ;) was a lot of fun.

Monza is next!
I don't think that these two tracks could possible be any more different.

My McLaren is definitely going to perform well this time!

gogatrs
Monza is next!
I don't think that these two tracks could possible be any more different.

My McLaren is definitely going to perform well this time!

Agreed!

Love Monza may leave my set up alone. It seems perfect for Monzas sweeping speed

Was a decent start. Wished I had the time planned for tuning back. But when the tornado sirens are blaring and you know some red is headed your way you grab cover. So came in very green. Been 30 days since I driven the car or track. Wished I would of tightened it up some.

Anyway. Was running for position on a draft with tatoune on straight coming unto 130R. I swing out to the left get about side by side and all hello broke loose. Tat had gotten over on the right and fell victim of the odd edge there on the right. Hit grass and instantly it took 3 corners and engine dmg. Lucky close to pit. This Lap 7. Still managed a 2 stop race. ;) was a lot of fun.

Oh geez. Been there. Tornados and green sky = no joke. It's been years since I heard a tornado siren. Probably never want to here one again.

Thanks guys for a great race. This is one to remember for sure. 64 minutes of racing, passing traffic, trying to tame the beast the Viper is and it all comes down to the last corner for the win in GT1!!! See pictures from GT1 with comments below!

Fast laps GT1:
1:51.147 Shrugging_Atlas
1:51.150 JPzer (+0.003 !!!)
1:51.903 OwensRacing

Fast laps GT2:
2:00.901 El_Aliens69
2:01.583 FlyinHawaiian77
2:01.623 hon1987

1st corner, Atlas leading the pack
01.jpg

02.jpg

Still lap 1, Citroen attacking!
03.jpg

A rare mistake by JPzer
03a.jpg

JPzer and Magzire fighting for position
03b.jpg

Atlas catching up to GT2
04.jpg

Atlas always seemed to get stuck behind GT2 in the eses
05.jpg

...and then beaching it when passing GT2
06.jpg

Allowing Magzire to catch up and challenge for the lead
07.jpg

Eventually we did get past
08.jpg

Citroen looking HOT!
09.jpg

Meanwhile, Jav's Ford GT showing some wear and tear
10.jpg

130R getting the better of Atlas's worn tires
11.jpg

Magzire and OwensRacing fighting
12.jpg

Atlas re-claiming 2nd place from Magzire after pitstop
12a.jpg

It's the last lap and Atlas just caught up with JPzer in 130R!!! JPzer blocking, Atlas passing with 2 wheels on grass!
13.jpg

Atlas takes the lead before the last corner!!!
14.jpg

...but his brakes and tires have had enough...
15.jpg

Congrats to JPzer, awesome race man!

haha very nice atlas, those pics are awsome !! You did very well and I am very suprise to get out of this with the win.. the viper looked very strong.. can't wait to watch the replay to see where you really screwed up (you have had to screw up to let me take the lead)

I was pushing so hard when i saw that you had pass magzire and was coming fast (+5 sec at lap 26). The last 5-6 laps was just insane.. After the 130R I try to defend my position but you where coming so fast.. I decided to move for the inside line, would have been interresting to see the outcome if you had brake earlier.

+0.003 on the fastest lap !! damn i can't seem to get the fastest lap !!

Looking forward the next race, hopefully ill be in the allignement !

JP

haha very nice atlas, those pics are awsome !! You did very well and I am very suprise to get out of this with the win.. the viper looked very strong.. can't wait to watch the replay to see where you really screwed up (you have had to screw up to let me take the lead)

Thanks, it took some time to make the pics and get them posted but it was worth it I think. Actually I didn't screw up THAT much, only had two spins at 130R, each time on worn tires just before my 1st and 2nd pitstop. Never got any damage throughout the whole race. I did lose a lot of time behind GT2 cars plus I had a couple of off-track excursions while trying to pass.

What about you? Was your spin in the picture above your only one? The Viper is quick, no doubt about that (a whole 0.003 quicker than your Citroen lol) but it is quite twitchy. Plus it gets EXTREMELY unstable once the tires go below half (hence my 130R pirouettes). I was actually seriously considering doing 3 stops. Catch you next time :)

Last edited:
Awsome pics Atlas thank's for posting!
No protests or complaints so far a real clean race from everyone! Results and standings to be updated officially tonight! Great racing guys!

I wanna get a lil personal maybe slightly emotional.

Sitting here reading the threads. Checking out those racers in which we all have spent many laps chasing, racing, or running for our lives from. Makes one realize how well you know the fellow racers. Truly amazing how the sim side actually brings so much real world racing into ones life.

I grew up with a father racing. He owned a Dirt Late Model. Uncle Drove. From birth till 8ish I grew up at the dirt track. It was racing or bust. Race fuel still makes me feel like a child snuggling with a security blanket. The sound of a camming V8 is a soothing lullaby. I literally could sleep for a week with humming howl of a big tire on the hauler rolling done the highway.

So with a tightly engrained desire to race and be around racing. I had always wanted too. The oldman and mom. Decided after spending an obscene amount on a motor to try and make the big one. World 100 This one could lead to asphalt racing and possible NASCAR. However unfortunately this hot motor decided to puke it's innards onto the clay at Eldora during hot lapping. Mom said that's it. We tried to go big. Motor blown. Salvage what you can sell it off. Focus on business and kids. There was four of us. So now at 8 all my life goes gone. I was left with an empty hole. I knew nothing else.

So as I progressed in life. I raced what I could. Bikes, RC's......excelled in RC racing. With the hard work I prayed my father would see that I have talent and build very solid cars. That whole blown motor ruining my life still leaves a distaste. Thought possible he realize that deep desire and harness it knowing i would work harder and smarter not have issues he did. Not so much. So I grow to driving age and kinda stale out. Attending the races. My other uncle owned a car. So I did get to wrench and be involved. Worked for me. At age 18 I am a man. I will buy my own race car. Well the oldman and mom instilled good money spending and pretty much I wasn't nearly as ignorant to less known sides of racing as most. Where I would not get buried. So with that I decided to try drag racing my daily driver. That really filled some voids. But truly going straight is not racing. I want to turn and brake. Use strategy Lap after lap. . I pretty much gave up on this dream.

So still to this day I can't come to terms with owning my own racer. It just to expensive and would put my kids out as well myself relative to work. Maybe when my kids are grown. I join a slower class of racing for old guys.

Being a GT fan since day. I had always dreamed of cockpits sitting in living room. Racing online with others. Racing while virtually is at a minimal investment. I was like man this is perfect idea for people similar to myself. Maintained this dream and during the DFGT GT4 days I about committed. However said not till there is a clutch and shifter. Now gt5 rolls around and the wheels are incredible. Clutches. Banger sticks. It's time. got G27 built a cock pit and proceeded to improve my skills and get into leagues.

So now we are present time. With the Sim Racing. I have gotten know many. In which I never dreamed of this side the side that seems to be the binding of what is racing. The racers!!! Friendships with those that have exactly sane desires as yourself. That's really great to have. As well getting know each others driving. Know who is fast and who to chase. Who pass when and where.
These things really add a depth. I have never really had. Amazing to me that sim racing provides such depth in once racing career. Wether you sit in front of a screen or in an actual car. We come to love and respect the other racers.

There are many names I could toss out and tell you what kind of driver they are as well prob type of person of track. ;) the race is an emotional rollercoaster. One that will show true colors of a persons character.

After all that. I wanna say thank you all. Everyone here should be proud of being. Sim Racer. While some may think it's just a game and playing. They never sat down and attempted anything that requires 45-2.5hrs of commitment. You don't get breaks, you don't get a breather. You mentally and sometime physically exhaust yourself. This is something many can't handle. They just don't have what it takes.

Fellow Racers. You are Elite!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back