GTPFIA GT World Cup: Congratulations to our champions! MagzireGT1/hon1984GT2

• Thread starter Jav
  • 4,198 comments

Race day?

• Saturday anywhere between 4 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Saturday anywhere between 8 and 10PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Sunday anywhere between 3 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sunday anywhere between 8 and 10PM us EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was up with the early start jav...if I knew u were gonna start 15 min early I would have left the bbq I was at 15 min earlier....I got in the room at 8:18 and the race was already 5 laps in

smokedogg
What was up with the early start jav...if I knew u were gonna start 15 min early I would have left the bbq I was at 15 min earlier....I got in the room at 8:18 and the race was already 5 laps in

+1
I'm going on strike. lol

sry, started to rain n lost connection, anyways i had an incident in the firs lap n my car was damaged in my front left rear (again lol), it was really troublesome specially in a speed track like monza.

smokedogg
I wasn't there but for what it's worth this is from Jav's driver meeting PM
driver meeting
-Race start, since we are doing combined quali the race will be started at 8:00PM US EST(-4GMT). Once the race has been started the GT2 cars will go arround on a formation lap.

Good racing guys..well done to everyone! For the Vid upload, key incidents for me where,
  • lap 15(ish): hit the wall
  • Lap 20: overtake for the lead!!
  • Lap 24 (ish): Incident from lapping traffic!
  • lap 40: Drifting at Lesmos!

Apart from that, a quiet race by my standards!

Last edited:
Damn. I really blew that race. That was the mostly costly race I ever raced. I felt so bad after it not from my driving, but from my actions possibly ruining the race for everyone else. And to that extent, I apologize to anybody that I came in contact with during said race. There are just too many to list. I already apologized to Hon, and he forgave me.

Honestly, I cost him first place. And afterwards when he was trying to overlap me againd (not lapped downed at time), I used his slip stream to catch back up to Sephy who, thankfully, could make tonight's race. So I owe Hon twice here.

If it's any consolation, I did have to race for the last 10 to 15 laps with a broken rear suspension. Sort of my own punisment for such a bad performance by me. I finished 5th in class, 11th overall.

I'm just glad that no one takes personal offense to on-track incidents. I knew what I was getting into, but I didn't know I'll be this bad. Hopefuly, the rest of the season will be better for me, as well as everyone else. :)

Alien96
sry, started to rain n lost connection, anyways I had an incident in the firs lap n my car was damaged in my front left rear (again lol), it was really troublesome specially in a speed track like monza.

Do yo have satelite (probably spelled wrong, but too tired to care)?

Last edited:
Just started raining here too!
Just be happy you got to race stormy. :(

I am. I'm sorry you and Tr1mble couldn't make it time. I really don't know what happened there. Hope you make the next race. It's not raining here, though it's possible it might.

Guys, I've got to be honest, I'm starting to think I'm not cut out for GT1 after every race so far. I feel like I get my *** handed to me. And tonight was no exception. Not to mention I kept making mistakes and crashing. What do you guys think?

t_ray_z28
Guys, I've got to be honest, I'm starting to think I'm not cut out for GT1 after every race so far. I feel like I get my *** handed to me. And tonight was no exception. Not to mention I kept making mistakes and crashing. What do you guys think?

I'll take a spot in GT1 with the BMW you take my spot? :dopey:

It's up to you to decide what's best for you. If you are struggling, try to calm down and pace yourself down. If you cannot, then maybe you should drop a class to reaquaint yourself.

Also, don't forget you maybe rusty since this is your first race since the PSN outage (that I know about), and you had the longest "break" than any of the racers tonight. So keep practicing and rebuild your skills. I know I'm still not up to my usual self.

Stick in with it I reckon. Try just running your own race if you can, ignore what 1st place is doing, just try and keep your car on the road, and give your self plenty of practice on the circuits to familiarize yourself with the braking points, particularly with low tyre tread. I find I miss judge braking points more at the end of stints than at the start of them!

Theres a saying that goes "winners never quit, quitters never win....stupid people don't do either".

Btw, dropping down in to this class is not the best thing to do. Speeds are lower yes, but the lack of down force on every car bar the Vette will make you long for GT1. Trust me, once you have tasted GT1 compared to GT2 you will want GT1 back.

Stick in with it I reckon. Try just running your own race if you can, ignore what 1st place is doing, just try and keep your car on the road, and give your self plenty of practice on the circuits to familiarize yourself with the braking points, particularly with low tyre tread. I find I miss judge braking points more at the end of stints than at the start of them!

Theres a saying that goes "winners never quit, quitters never win....stupid people don't do either".

Btw, dropping down in to this class is not the best thing to do. Speeds are lower yes, but the lack of down force on every car bar the Vette will make you long for GT1. Trust me, once you have tasted GT1 compared to GT2 you will want GT1 back.

Hmm...I might just try GT1 next season...if ther is a next season and I'm allowed to enter at the end of this one. :lol:

I'll be on in 15min....plz wait for me ;)

I'm sorry I didn't read in here guys, we waited an extra 15 minutes for qualy then a 30 minute session. I got caught up explaining the procedures and giving car specs to Taolung, didn't have time to look in here. Wish you could've made it in. Sorry.

hon1987

Don't listen to him.
He's just scared.

Are you serious? Man you are one of the fastest guys in here! Yes there is some real strong competition in this series but we all do the best we can and hope victory comes to us. I'm pretty sure it will come for you real soon man!

Well 1 to forget for sure. Swapping lead with JPzer for and then on lap 3 it all fell apart.

• Lap 3, going side by side with JPzer into turn 1, very tight on space, clipped the breaking marker with my left rear wheel, who knew they were concrete! Massive crash, had to drive a whole lap on 3 wheels with steering wheel turned 180 degrees. Unscheduled pit stop. Lost 1min30sec.
  • A super close call going by spinning t-ray in the last chicane around lap 26.
  • Pit stop on lap 31 - driving on fumes, the pit crew recommended to take 95 liters of fuel(!?!) - wtf?? I was so confused I turned it down to 77 - still way too much. Car was just standing in the pits refueling for what seemed to be ages. JPzer lapped me while I was standing in the pits. I want to fire my crew chief!!!
  • Lap 42/43 - I pass jPzer and unlap myself :D
  • Lap 45 - I finally catch up to tatoune, was much faster than him, his tires were probably ruined. Was getting ready to pass him and claim 3rd ... then 1/2 a lap from finish boom black screen, "30sec time limit" expired. Very frustrating, the only on track passing move for position that wasn't... The way I see it Jav owes me 6 points ;)

Last edited:
If it's any consolation, I did have to race for the last 10 to 15 laps with a broken rear suspension. Sort of my own punisment for such a bad performance by me.

I believe i cause that after i rammed you on the straight. Was coming up behind you. I was going to the left of you, then you go there. Ok i go right, then you go there lol. Was a nasty knock crippling my engine for the 2nd time in that race and 2nd was looking so promising.

Sorry to jpzer for that bump, that damn draft completely messed up my braking on that chicane, even broke early. Congrats again.

Lost focus half way through coming into the first chicane, was past the 100 until i start braking(BOOM!):)

Overall, great race all.

Well 1 to forget for sure. Swapping lead with JPzer for a few laps then on lap 5 it all fell apart.

• Lap 45 - I finally catch up to tatoune, was much faster than him, his tires were probably ruined. Was getting ready to pass him and claim 3rd ... then 1/2 a lap from finish boom black screen, "30sec time limit" expired. Very frustrating, the only on track passing move that wasn't... The way I see it Jav owes me 6 points ;)

I'm in the same boat my friend, I was catching first quickly in the final stages, I reckon I could have had him if I had the usual 3 minutes! Oh well, at least I'm not 3rd again!
Oh and Ultrap, sorry for when I bumped your rear end when you and JP where lapping me at the end, you kinda cut back on to the racing line at the last minute and left me nowhere to brake. Don't think there was damage....

Jav, any chance we can get a Merc SLS AMG homologated?
Or even better, a stealth Merc SLS AMG. :)

I believe i cause that after i rammed you on the straight. Was coming up behind you. I was going to the left of you, then you go there. Ok i go right, then you go there lol. Was a nasty knock crippling my engine for the 2nd time in that race and 2nd was looking so promising.

Sorry to jpzer for that bump, that damn draft completely messed up my braking on that chicane, even broke early. Congrats again.

Lost focus half way through coming into the first chicane, was past the 100 until i start braking(BOOM!):)

Overall, great race all.

For some reason my car suddenly jerked to the right there. I was going to let you pass, but I don't what happened. It was wierd and there was nothing out of the ordinary with my car at that point. Oh well, what's done is done. We'll just have to see the official final results of this race.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back