GTPFIA GT World Cup: Congratulations to our champions! MagzireGT1/hon1984GT2

• Thread starter Jav
  • 4,198 comments

Race day?

• Saturday anywhere between 4 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Saturday anywhere between 8 and 10PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Sunday anywhere between 3 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sunday anywhere between 8 and 10PM us EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The incident involving car #13 driver JPzer on the matter of abusing track limits was presented yesterday shortly after round 4 of the GTPFIA GT World Cup was completed. The incident has been under investigation since and the following offences were noted:
-Lap 6 abusing track limits on the last chicane.
-Lap 10 abusing track limits on the last chicane.
-Lap 12 abusing track limits on the first chicane.
-Lap 17 abusing track limits on the last chicane.
-Lap 18 abusing track limits on the last chicane.
-Lap 19 abusing track limits on the first chicane.
-Lap 21 abusing track limits on the last chicane.
-Lap 26 abusing track limits on the last chicane.
-Lap 32 abusing track limits on the second chicane.
-Lap 33 abusing track limits on the first chicane.
-Lap 35 abusing track limits on the last chicane.
-Lap 36 abusing track limits on the first chicane.
-Lap 42 abusing track limits on the first chicane.

As noted on the following post the track limits are clearly defined as anything beyond the curbs("rumblestrips") and a minimum of 2 wheels must be on track at all times.
Jav
Here's the ruling on the chicanes:
-Curbs are considered part of the track.
-A minimum of two wheels most be on track at all times.
-No wheels should touch the blue paint on the 2nd chicane.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5372322#post5372322

And noted the following:
Jav
Yes sir! A 50 second penalty will be acompanying you every time all the way!

In all seriousness we all know we may miss our braking spot coming in to the chicane and we may need to straight line it to avoid a crash, as long as there is no abuse of this and no position is gained you will be ok. Now if you are caught making up time on a competitor, taking a position and not giving it back or gaining any kind of an advantage in doing so, penalties will come.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5372642#post5372642

It has been determined by the GTPFIA that from the fourth offence on a 50 second penalty is in order for every offence demoting car #13 driver JPzer to 6th place on the official race results and will recieve championship points accordingly.

Last edited:
Jav
-Lap 6 abusing track limits on the last chicane.
-Lap 10 abusing track limits on the last chicane.
-Lap 12 abusing track limits on the first chicane.
-Lap 17 abusing track limits on the last chicane.
-Lap 18 abusing track limits on the last chicane.
-Lap 19 abusing track limits on the first chicane.
-Lap 21 abusing track limits on the last chicane.
-Lap 26 abusing track limits on the last chicane.
-Lap 32 abising track limits on the second chicane.
-Lap 33 abusing track limits on the first chicane.
-Lap 35 abusing track limits on the last chicane.
-Lap 36 abusing track limits on the first chicane.
-Lap 42 abusing track limits on the first chicane.

lol

Wow.:eek:

Damn jav you have been busy! Hopefully next race you will have less stewarding to do. What's that? Next race is Monaco? Oh....:ouch:

Daytona is our next race, hopefully everything will go back to normal!
Official results to be posted shortly.

hon1987
Wow.:eek:

Damn jav you have been busy! Hopefully next race you will have less stewarding to do. What's that? Next race is Monaco? Oh....:ouch:

The bold part is what she said.

Next race is at Daytona BTW.
The McLarens will shine this race!
That's assuming they start.

Oh Daytona! I'm no good around there. The car better be good around there or the perfect pole position record is going to go!

Harsh penalty but reasonable. Chicanes are there for a reason, never knew any race that it was allowed to drive through them lol.

Justice has been made ! and Jav, you forgot the pace lap. jk

Honestly I feel sorry for him.

I honestly believe he didn't intend to cut the chicanes on any of those incidents. He was 100% commited to the corners and 100% on the attack the whole race, problem is that leaving no margin for error bit him hard. 13 times to be exact, we all know that when we drive 100%percent commited the slightliest of erros or miscalculations will put us in the grass or in the wall. This case was no different, he drove his heart out but those little errors costed him. He only proved that he's just a little bit human. I still see him as a great competitor and have the same respect for him, he is welcomed to race with us and he in fact is a great addition to our series.

Actually according to our rules for the race only picture 2 and 3 were cut, 1 and 4 is as close as you can get without cutting.

Jav
A minimum of two wheels most be on track at all times

All four wheels off track. Where in the rules does it allowed this?

Even with pic 1 and 4 massive amount of time is gained which is obviously unfair.

To be clear. Red and white curb at Monza is considered track?

JP what the heck. Hahahaj you in cockpit view and having trouble seeing over those fenders? Maybe move seat up some? ;)

Got a dollar saying that penalty won't happen again for JP.

To be clear. Red and white curb at Monza is considered track?

JP what the heck. Hahahaj you in cockpit view and having trouble seeing over those fenders? Maybe move seat up some? ;)

Got a dollar saying that penalty won't happen again for JP.

Yes sir red and white considered track. Like I said I don't think he intended to cut in any of those cases he was fully commited and just misjudged the entry.

t_ray_z28
Yay! I'm 5th! lol, awww... doesn't mean anything... it was a technicallity..

This kinds reminds of the old saying:

Rather be lucky and win, then skilled and finish 2nd! Or something like that.

Little Picture action:
Fwiw I will make a dedicated thread for this build. As well show case my other two cockpits. (did one for my kids DFGT)

964ec39f.jpg

9cd344c6.jpg

88919df3.jpg

01fc0079.jpg

Left side exit. Merikan Cockpit ;) hahaha

Just wanted to say I'm looking forward to racing with JPzer in the coming races. He's one of the cleanest and fastest, this incident was unusual and probably mostly a misunderstanding, although I do think that even in WSGTC the track is determined by red/white curbs and white lines. Monza is always controversial, PD just should've put concrete blocks in the chicanes or something but I guess they used up all the concrete on the stupid breaking point markers that bent my car on lap 3 so badly the car moved sideways like a crab:banghead:

Ok, last set for the day. I forgot to grab pics of it primered. Will in the am. However, I did get a visit from my buddy. He called me while I was grabbing paint, so grabbed a small can of bondo. Figured he was willing to show me how to do it might as well, beats solid welds and grinding. He bailed out once I got the other side spread. Let it dry. Moved operations back to my shop. A/C finally! Sanding flat stinks by hand. Got it all sanded down and smooth with a DA. It ain't show quality. However it is nice and smooth.

Here it is when got the mudded unit in my shop.

d4e7cd8e.jpg

c482a061.jpg

man owens, you're really putting forth the work! Here I was all proud of mine... Now it looks like something ordered out of a fingerhut catalogue!

Really nice build Owen. Could sleep in that thing :)

Tarmac is track only, the curbs aren't. There only there to assist from spinning off. Certainly the case in F1. To my knowledge this applies to all racing.

I have a question to those of you with cockpits...
Does the FFB every shake the cockpit enough that you actually feel it?
I have my DFGT attached to a table that has my old SDTV on it. (not plasma/flat screen).
It's a relatively large TV and table, the table could probably hold a family of six eating dinner.
And when I do rally, the wheel will shake the entire table.
Do you guys get this with the cockpit?

Great racing with you guys again. I knew the Vette would be slaughtered on that track but I enjoyed it anyway :)

ultrap13
I think I may need to take my car in for alignment after this race :D

lol
It looks like it has one of those smug grins.
Here, lemme see if I can find a smiley...
:) no
:( not at all
:dopey: lol, next!
:lol: nada
:indiff: hmmm notice the curve of the mouth...

G27 in first steel cockpit, I know the chatter your talking about, don't recall it affecting anything bit wheel and noisy. The DFGT on the other cockpit does this too and similar deal really concentrated to the wheel.

Noe the buttkicker. It will shake the cockpit. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back