GTPFIA GT World Cup: Congratulations to our champions! MagzireGT1/hon1984GT2

• Thread starter Jav
  • 4,198 comments

Race day?

• Saturday anywhere between 4 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Saturday anywhere between 8 and 10PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Sunday anywhere between 3 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sunday anywhere between 8 and 10PM us EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been asking for the past week or so if there are any openings, so here I'm asking again- Is there any openings? If not can I be on the reserves list? I'm usually available at any time. My life isn't very eventful as of now. I'd like a simple response, please. No big deal if there are any openings or not.

I'd say yes, you just have to follow the procedure in the OP under "reserve List". Copy/paste your car/series/etc, here. Et voila!

EDIT: Oh, Jav answered before me :)

I'd say yes, you just have to follow the procedure in the OP under "reserve List". Copy/paste your car/series/etc, here. Et voila!

EDIT: Oh, Jav answered before me :)

In this format as well.

GTP:
Psn:
Class:
Car:
Car#:
Country/time zone:

I know Jav is awesome and all, but if you don't make things easy to spot for him, he isn't going to notice! As with all series, the OPs has all the important information you need to know. Anything else is just idle chatter!

Jav
Ok guys this are the official results from round 4 Monza.
GT1
1) Jav
2) tatoune
3) Shrugging Atlas*
4) Magzire
5) t_ray_z28
6) JPzer P

GT2
1) gogatrs (DNS)
2) taolung
3) hon1987* P
4) FlyinHawaiian77
5) GTP_MojoToker
6) stupidstormy36
7) Sephy71
8) jepoks
9) El_Aliens69(DNF)

P = Pole possition.
* = Fastest lap.

Will update the op as soon as possible my laptop's power supply died and all the exell charts are in there.

Fixed. ;)

EDIT: Oops, forgot.
*Is dead*

Going to wait for some clarification of the car specs b4 I make a final decision. I'm not concerned so much about the rules. I don't race dirty or cut corners, so I should be ok there. Just wanna see what's competitive and not.

Got color on it today. Soooo close to being back up and running. Buddy bought the G27 cockpit took it home today. :( was sad to see it go. I prob got 10k miles in that cockpit. Hahaha. I drove on GT5 more then real life. Waaay more.

Anyway here's the color:

a1426c01.jpg

Don't know if I mentioned the theme here. Anyone wanna guess? Base color kinda dead giveaway.

Red Bull indeed! I should say GT based Red Bull. There will be GT decals in the lay out.

Was shooting for touch darker. But this will do. In my game room it is dark.

practice open in tatounes lounge!

Room closed lol

BTW Ray and I had he very nice practice, i'm sure next sunday is gonna be awesome 👍

Oh and I have a question too... when we exit the pit, there is a narrow path on left, are we going to use it (while exiting the pits) or jump straight away on the track?

tatoune
Oh and I have a question too... when we exit the pit, there is a narrow path on left, are we going to use it (while exiting the pits) or jump straight away on the track?

I believe we are.
Just an FYI, whatever you do, do NOT under ANY circumstances let the AI take over while in that lane.
As I've learned in FH's lounge Sunday. lol

Jav, is there anyway that we could move the races back half an hour or so.
So they ACTUALLY start at 8:30-9:00.
Reason being, I've got real racing A LOT over the course of the summer and may be running late a couple of the races...

I believe we are.
Just an FYI, whatever you do, do NOT under ANY circumstances let the AI take over while in that lane.
As I've learned in FH's lounge Sunday. lol

Jav, is there anyway that we could move the races back half an hour or so.
So they ACTUALLY start at 8:30-9:00.
Reason being, I've got real racing A LOT over the course of the summer and may be running late a couple of the races...

youve got REAL racing... NOW who is it that should REALLY be happy he gets to race?! hmm... HMM!!!???....lol :)

This familiar to anybody else.... I went into the open lounges to see what was there, and found one labeled, RM's only, 650hp, 1100kg or more... My vette is perfect... so, I go in, and there are all these people with GT500 cars and RM'd cars, and we're running free run, I'm goofing around, and the race starts, and I buzz by them ALL and just kind of walk off..... :)

t_ray_z28
youve got REAL racing... NOW who is it that should REALLY be happy he gets to race?! hmm... HMM!!!???....lol :)

lol
Me?
Trust me, I'm better in karts/IRL than I am at cars/gt5.
lol
Continued from ALMS thread...
*gunshots*
*thud (again)*

t_ray_z28
This familiar to anybody else.... I went into the open lounges to see what was there, and found one labeled, RM's only, 650hp, 1100kg or more... My vette is perfect... so, I go in, and there are all these people with GT500 cars and RM'd cars, and we're running free run, I'm goofing around, and the race starts, and I buzz by them ALL and just kind of walk off..... :)

Too many times I do that with cars from other series.
I'm Audi R8 5.2 from a race series that never ended up happening still kicks ass on the Nurburgring.

*is dead*

:

Yes we will be using the long pitlane exiting on the infield. Exiting straight into track(turn 1) will result in a 50 second penalty for the first offense and a 2 minute penalty for any following offense.

I usually use the exit anyway, it keeps you out of the way of cars coming from the first couple of corners. I want to use the RX7LM race car. Can you make an exception to let me use that car? Seeing as how I'll probably be on the reserve list anyway, I doubt I'll be blasting past everyone with some 'one-off special' ya know? If not I'll use the Zonda LM. I'll edit the post with my intentions on the car specs. I did some testing already against the other cars and feel it should be good with the specs I listed.

Class- GT1
Car- RX7LM (~/<680hp 1150kg)
Number- 00
PSN- freshseth83
GTP- freshseth83
Team- freshLMS

Last edited:
I usually use the exit anyway, it keeps you out of the way of cars coming from the first couple of corners. I want to use the RX7LM race car. Can you make an exception to let me use that car? Seeing as how I'll probably be on the reserve list anyway, I doubt I'll be blasting past everyone with some 'one-off special' ya know? If not I'll use the Zonda LM. I'll edit the post with my intentions on the car specs. I did some testing already against the other cars and feel it should be good with the specs I listed.

Class- GT1
Car- RX7LM (~/<680hp 1150kg)
Number- 00
PSN- freshseth83
GTP- freshseth83
Team- freshLMS
added to the resserve list. The RX-7 will be on the GT1 field for next season and we already have a Spec for it wich will be announced at the end of this season.

Guys I know that passing hasn't been an issue on our series but tought this video would be a good thing to have on the thread.

Ohh man I love that black box on iRacing, in fact I just love iRacing! PD needs to be taking some note from how they do things!

Very nice video, great instructions too. The key word is patience.

However, he didn't mention about swerving immediately in front of the slower guys after passing being a big problem with aerodynamics with the slower car. So also don't do that please. If it becomes a constant problem, then maybe a penalty system may need to be in effect for it. But honestly we really shouldn't need to even mention this.

Also, he's using iRacing as well. I really want to try that game out real bad.

Oh and also, I wanted to say that when GT1 is overlapping the GT2 guys please don't swerve immediately right in front of us GT2 drivers before a corner. It can really upset the balance of the GT2 car, aerodynamically, especially under heavy braking zones.

As I already explained, but it continued to be a big problem in the last race (not sure about the previous race), and really needed to be brought to attention. I don't do it because of the reasons I have given, even if I'm just overtaking to gain a position. That's just how I feel about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back