GTPFIA GT World Cup: Congratulations to our champions! MagzireGT1/hon1984GT2

• Thread starter Jav
  • 4,198 comments

Race day?

• Saturday anywhere between 4 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Saturday anywhere between 8 and 10PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Sunday anywhere between 3 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sunday anywhere between 8 and 10PM us EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jav
Ohh man I love that black box on iRacing, in fact I just love iRacing! PD needs to be taking some note from how they do things!

What is this witch craft you speak of? The butt kicker?
I'd also like PD to take the option of taking away the steering wheel in GT5's interior view mode!

+1 On Stormy's points! To add to it, aggressive last minute swerving/drafting isn't the best thing to do and I don't think its necessary either. If you are in GT1 your car is generally going to be quicker down the straights, both in top speed and acceleration without the slip stream any ways. Not saying "don't use drafting to lap traffic", just don't abuse it.

However, he didn't mention about swerving immediately in front of the slower guys after passing being a big problem with aerodymanics with the slower car. So also don't do that please. If it becomes a constant problem, then maybe a penalty system may need to be in effect for it. But honestly we really shouldn't need to even mention this.

Yeah i kwow what you mean. When i look at replays, sometimes it's a bit awful. I'll definitely care much more stormy. But all Gt1 must do the same, be patient.

EDIT: and GT2 must keep their lines lol

Last edited:
black box? I dont understand

Usually a black box is a device used for recording and is usually a very durable piece of equipment. Black boxes are usually used to determine, if possible, what may have cause a certian problem. For instance, on an airplane, a black box records audio from the cockpit. If that aircraft somehow becomes compromised in a way that it loses altitude or other problems occur, the pilot will most likey comment on it, or information can be gathered from what was captured on the black box.

So I guess that a black box in the iRacing game is some sort of recording feature. Unless he's refering to the display on screen, or something else. I could be completely wrong.

It does help when you have a multi monitor array for improved spatial awareness!

GT5 does have that feature for up to 5 screens. The downside: It requires up 5 PS3's (depending on how many screens you have) to operate. And that gets really expensive, really fast.

Last edited:
No problem. It was included in one of the latest updates (I don't remember which one), so alot of people may not be aware of such a feature. It was not included in the original release, but it is an actual feature that can be accessed throught options menu under Hardware I think (Multi Monitor Display?). I only wish I can use it, it would be great. But now that the PS3's prices have dropped, maybe I could do it in due time. Just get the cheapest ones. They'll only be acting as clients anyways.

I also need to get a steering wheel. I'm missing out on alot of things here.

lol yea.. the citroen in cockpit view is terrible.. I could no see the track properly ;)

At magzire: the picture you post, wich i think must be the most eloquent that you could find, only show, according to the rules, 2 mistakes.

Still, I respect the decission and i trust Jav. 13 time really ? :drool: Seems like I went at it.. Seriously, it was not intended, was trying to go as fast as possible while keeping my tyres in shape.:indiff:

I can vouche for that. The cockpit view for the Citroen is very limited. It really does feel like you're driving the Batmobile! :lol:

GT5 does have that feature for up to 5 screens. The downside: It requires up 5 PS3's (depending on how many screens you have) to operate. And that gets really expensive, really fast.

Yeah, I saw that option in one of the updates! With me its not having the capital to lay down for the hardware (x amount of ps3s for x amount of screens/monitors, not to mention all the cabling to connect it all together, so thats x hdmi/vga cables, x ethernet cables, and a router to top it all off!:scared:).

If I had the money, I'd do it, but I'd much rather just stick with the 32" tv, g25 and ps3 for now. Maybe surround sound for the future!:)

Jav
added to the resserve list. The RX-7 will be on the GT1 field for next season and we already have a Spec for it wich will be announced at the end of this season.

Guys I know that passing hasn't been an issue on our series but tought this video would be a good thing to have on the thread.

Mind sending me a PM on these specs for the car? Or are my spec estimates pretty close?

He did say next season ;) its most likely actually faster than the current GT1 cars so I wouldnt count on being able to use those specs.

black box? I dont understand

Some how I thounght hon was talking about the "black box" wich is that little screen you see showing the relative intervals in possition between the cars. They are called black boxes on iRacing, you can rotate from standings, tire info, fuel, lap times, realtive possition to a few other ones that I'm missing. It's awsome!

Jav
Some how I thounght hon was talking about the "black box" wich is that little screen you see showing the relative intervals in possition between the cars. They are called black boxes on iRacing, you can rotate from standings, tire info, fuel, lap times, realtive possition to a few other ones that I'm missing. It's awsome!

Ah! I thought you were talking about an actual piece of hardware, like the ones with shift lights, gear indicators, etc!

1 thing this game needs is the timing system from GT3/4 ( not sure!), where it tells you the gap between you and the people racing around you! It is all well anf good when you are running at the front in gt1, but knowing where you are timewise in gt2 is a nightmare!

Ah! I thought you were talking about an actual piece of hardware, like the ones with shift lights, gear indicators, etc!

1 thing this game needs is the timing system from GT3/4 ( not sure!), where it tells you the gap between you and the people racing around you! It is all well anf good when you are running at the front in gt1, but knowing where you are timewise in gt2 is a nightmare!

Those can easily be made for arround $25. An also work pretty good!

Last bit of painting is done. Inquired about decals. Waiting for an email response.

Should have it home tonight and up ad running.

f9cbe63d.jpg

OwensRacing
Last bit of painting is done. Inquired about decals. Waiting for an email response.

Should have it home tonight and up ad running.

Looks like Martini livery now. :drool:

Jav
Those can easily be made for arround $25. An also work pretty good!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZp3mMatO1w">YouTube Link</a>

Wish we could do that for GT5. :/

@Owens - Kind of reminds me of the Delta rally car, except the dark blue would be white instead. Keep it up man. Looking great.

Here was the main inspiration for the graphics layout.

cb152ae5.jpg

Ordering this set of decals tomorrow. Large Red Bull is 12"x9.6"

ec847b7b.jpg

OwensRacing
Here was the main inspiration for the graphics layout.

Ordering this set of decals tomorrow. Large Red Bull is 12"x9.6"

Nice one! Have you thought about cooling fans for the grills aswell? I could imagine it getting quite hot in there!

Hopefully being inside with A/C I will keep cool. Fan may be needed though. Could be used for that open cockpit feel. ;)

Race ready!

0b12b8e9.jpg

34fa681e.jpg

Firmware update and I will be on GT5 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back