GTPFIA GT World Cup: Congratulations to our champions! MagzireGT1/hon1984GT2

• Thread starter Jav
  • 4,198 comments

Race day?

• Saturday anywhere between 4 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Saturday anywhere between 8 and 10PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Sunday anywhere between 3 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sunday anywhere between 8 and 10PM us EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OwensRacing
G27 in first steel cockpit, I know the chatter your talking about, don't recall it affecting anything bit wheel and noisy. The DFGT on the other cockpit does this too and similar deal really concentrated to the wheel.

Noe the buttkicker. It will shake the cockpit. ;)

That's a bit over a 14 year olds budget. :/

t_ray_z28
No excuses! When I was your age, I pushed my mower uphill both ways, through 3 feet of snow, to mow lawns and make money!

I just did that for my parents today and they still refuse to pay me. :/

To be clear. Red and white curb at Monza is considered track?

JP what the heck. Hahahaj you in cockpit view and having trouble seeing over those fenders? Maybe move seat up some? ;)

Got a dollar saying that penalty won't happen again for JP.

lol yea.. the citroen in cockpit view is terrible.. I could no see the track properly ;)

At magzire: the picture you post, wich i think must be the most eloquent that you could find, only show, according to the rules, 2 mistakes.

Still, I respect the decission and i trust Jav. 13 time really ? :drool: Seems like I went at it.. Seriously, it was not intended, was trying to go as fast as possible while keeping my tyres in shape.:indiff:

I just hope that my offcourse accident with damage, caused by agressive/reckless driving that i have been victim did not count as a corner cutting.

I will most likely be there for daytona but probably not monaco which is a shame since I excel on this one and guess what !! there is only one corner to be cut.. damnit.. the pefect track some would say. ;)

Last edited:
t_ray_z28
You know... I've been thinking about this, and I've come to the conclusion, I'm stupid. :dopey:

If you are what am I? Lol in all 4 of the races I've put the car on pole, yet I have won no races! I am destined not to win!

Last edited:
If you are what am I? Lol in all 4 of the races I've put the car on pole, yet won no races! I am destined not to win!

Well then, just don't get pole. :lol: See what comes out of that.

Last edited:
stupidstormy36
Well I do have to admit the last race was my fault.

Don't sweat on it, I made 2 errors of my own that needed repairs! I had the pace to beat Taolung with 3 stops to his 1, I really should have pitted straight after the 2nd error instead I lost about 5 seconds by not doing so and carrying on for 2 laps!

Oh a different note, I had difficulty pulling away from you after our " accident" ! Lol
I'll admit, during the race, everytime I saw you from then onwards, I was thinking, oh please not again!

Yeah, me too. I hate slamming into other racers. I did make sure I broke (or braked or whatever the past tense form of brake is) a little earlier than I normally would when I was behind you, except for that one incident, especially after the incident. But the loss of downforce when caught in the slipstream (even though I set my downforce to about half) had some verynegative effects on these Vettes, affecting mainly the braking and some cornering.

Yeah, me too. I hate slamming into other racers. I did make sure I broke (or braked or whatever the past tense form of brake is) a little earlier than I normally would when I was behind you, except for that one incident, especially after the incident. But the loss of downforce when caught in the slipstream (even though I set my downforce to about half) had some verynegative effects on these Vettes, affecting mainly the braking and some cornering.

I understand what you mean, I made many mistakes in that corner, mostly misjudging my braking point when I was getting overtaken by GT1! Tbh the Mclaren lacks any front end down force (no optional splitter!), so my driving approach with this car is brake early, hit the apex and throttle on early! It's probably why I get swamped in corners!

Yeah. That's a huge problem with my Mustang in the GT3 series as well, not to mention it being very nose heavy. I have to brake earlier and take corners slower than anyone else, but I have the most power. I am honestly surprised I got second at nurburgring and was able to get in the top half of the field at Madrid with it. The next race is at Rome, where my Mustang is very happy about.

Usually that's my approach in most cars with most turns. I brake with enough room for error, and when I hit the apex, I accelerate, careful not to spin my wheels. And I usually try to get the braking done in a straight enough line as possible, reducing tire wear on the front tires. Maybe I was a little too aggressive at times. Normally I'm really patient with passing others, but that race was just terrible with me. I only kept getting aggrivated at myself hitting othe people and it got worst, not because of me not being able to get a good finish. I could really care less about my final position. I am reserves after all. Thankfully, it didn't get extremely bad. And it usually happens at that spot, too. First, second chicanes, no problem. Third, well you know.

At one point I was really thinking about parking myself in the pits because of how I was doing. I really didn't want to ruin anybody else's race it was that bad. I mean, at one point, I overshot the last turn while chasing MojoToker (his Viper) and I accidentaly tapped him. Not seriously though, but enough to get him a little unstable and have me gain the position. I was trying to give the position back, but a damn GT1 :) lapper got in the way. I almost had him slam into my rear. I got out of the way and gave the position back though. I felt like such a jerk when the race was over. I was ready to accept any penalties that Jav may have thrown at me because of this. I'm surprised I haven't received any yet, though.

Oh and also, I wanted to say that when GT1 is overlapping the GT2 guys please don't swerve immediately right in front of us GT2 drivers before a corner. It can really upset the balance of the GT2 car, aerodynamically, especially under heavy braking zones.

Last edited:
Still, I respect the decission and i trust Jav. 13 time really ? :drool: Seems like I went at it.. Seriously, it was not intended, was trying to go as fast as possible while keeping my tyres in shape.:indiff:

I just hope that my offcourse accident with damage, caused by agressive/reckless driving that i have been victim did not count as a corner cutting.

I will most likely be there for daytona but probably not monaco which is a shame since I excel on this one and guess what !! there is only one corner to be cut.. damnit.. the pefect track some would say. ;)
Like i've been saying i know you didn't do it with the intention to cut, you were pushing 100% all race long and with as little margin for error it's easy to missjudge the entry and put a wheel wrong.
No that incident didn't count at all in fact incidents where there was traffic arround didn't count either. I definitely hope to see you in Daytona this Sunday!

Oh and also, I wanted to say that when GT1 is overlapping the GT2 guys please don't swerve immediately right in front of us GT2 drivers before a corner. It can really upset the balance of the GT2 car, aerodynamically, especially under heavy braking zones.

+1 on this.

It just occured to me that this is the first time I ever received a blue flag within my own class! :lol:

Ok guys this are the official results from round 4 Monza.
GT1
1) Jav
2) tatoune
3) Shrugging Atlas*
4) Magzire
5) t_ray_z28
6) JPzer P

GT2
1) taolung
2) hon1987* P
3) FlyinHawaiian77
4) GTP_MojoToker
5) stupidstormy36
6) Sephy71
7) jepoks
8) El_Aliens69(DNF)

P = Pole possition.
* = Fastest lap.

Will update the op as soon as possible my laptop's power supply died and all the exell charts are in there.

Oh geez. That sucks. Good luck replacing that! It would suck if my laptop went too, seeing how both of my towers are inoperable at this ime. Fortunately, I store my data on external HDD (a 500 GB and a 1 TB). Lots of space to work with!

I've been asking for the past week or so if there are any openings, so here I'm asking again- Is there any openings? If not can I be on the reserves list? I'm usually available at any time. My life isn't very eventful as of now. I'd like a simple response, please. No big deal if there are any openings or not.

I've been asking for the past week or so if there are any openings, so here I'm asking again- Is there any openings? If not can I be on the reserves list? I'm usually available at any time. My life isn't very eventful as of now. I'd like a simple response, please. No big deal if there are any openings or not.
Wow, I am sorry I keep forgeting about you! I'll update the resserve list as soon as I get home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back