GTPFIA GT World Cup: Congratulations to our champions! MagzireGT1/hon1984GT2

• Thread starter Jav
  • 4,198 comments

Race day?

• Saturday anywhere between 4 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Saturday anywhere between 8 and 10PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Sunday anywhere between 3 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sunday anywhere between 8 and 10PM us EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I've got to be honest, I'm starting to think I'm not cut out for GT1 after every race so far. I feel like I get my *** handed to me. And tonight was no exception. Not to mention I kept making mistakes and crashing. What do you guys think?

You're not serious Ray!!! I enjoy racing with you and I beg you to stay in GT1.... seriously, STAY!

[*]Lap 45 - I finally catch up to tatoune, was much faster than him, his tires were probably ruined. Was getting ready to pass him and claim 3rd ... then 1/2 a lap from finish boom black screen, "30sec time limit" expired. Very frustrating, the only on track passing move for position that wasn't... The way I see it Jav owes me 6 points ;)
[/LIST]

Dont worry Atlas, you'll have your revenge :) I had to pit a third time cause i was running out of gas. And even after a third stop, i was wondering if i had enought gas to finish the race :scared:

You guys are great !

Well, I didn't have to refuel at all. Just a quick tire change. Probably would've been two tire changes, but because of two unscheduled pits...well you get the idea. I guess having the lowest power in the field does have its advantages. lol

Is there a reward for who pits the most? lol, I must have went into the pits at least 5 times. First one was because I had rear end damage. After that pit the race for me was to at least finish 3rd. So I had to make sure that I always had better tires than the guy behind me.

Just wanna say sorry to Mag. Haha. I always seem to come out of the pits when you are passing them. I swear I dont do it on purpose. :lol: I tried to slow down enough into the first chicane to let you pass but I was still able to get there before you did. Seems like we got through it ok.

Is there a reward for who pits the most? lol, I must have went into the pits at least 5 times. First one was because I had rear end damage. After that pit the race for me was to at least finish 3rd. So I had to make sure that I always had better tires than the guy behind me.

Just wanna say sorry to Mag. Haha. I always seem to come out of the pits when you are passing them. I swear I dont do it on purpose. :lol: I tried to slow down enough into the first chicane to let you pass but I was still able to get there before you did. Seems like we got through it ok.

Yeah, I was in the pits 5 or 6 times too, due to damage.

You're not serious Ray!!! I enjoy racing with you and I beg you to stay in GT1.... seriously, STAY!

Yeah, I'm going to stay. Atleast finish out the season anyway. I think I was just a little hot headed about my finish. Had a bad day today, and the race I was hoping would be a good point, but then I went and screwed that up too! :crazy: Guess I just need a breather or something! Though I did come into this thinking I was pretty good, and now I'm thinking I'm pretty NOT good! lol So yeah.

Jpzer should be heavily penalized even points taking away completely.
Guess he didn't read the rules. Two wheels on track at all times. Clearly broken the rules and cut the track numerous of times.

Actually ridiculous how many times he cut that first chicane. So t_ray don't feel to bad, was feeling the same. Replay clearly shows why we couldnt compete in this race today.

It's been brought to the GTPFIA atention by 2 drivers that car number 13 abussed the track limits on several ocations.
At this moment car number 13 JZer is under investigation, if in fact found to have abussed the track limits penalties will apply.

well in WSGTC the track is defined by the vibrors, so the moment you have 2 wheels on them its fine, though it was the same here ? might be wrong too i though i was clean, i will watch the replay.

This aint the WSGTC, the white lines are the defined track limits ;)

hmm if its the case i would understand why magzire is mad lol.. The thing too is that i was taking the exact same lane since i got in the room at 7pm.. would have been interresting to know that my line was wrong,
(As per the rules of this serie..)

vibrors?....no idea what you mean by that, however if you mean the rumble strips (red and white areas) they are sometimes included.

Online Racing Rules used by most racing series on this forum.

yea, always though the rumble strips were parts of the track (pretty sure they are in any real life series).. anyway im looking the replay as we speak. I am currently at lap 12 and the only corner i judge that i cut was the one at the end of the back straight (once).. no cutting at coner 1.

Can you post the laps where you guys judge that i cutted the corners plz ?

Last edited:
Hmmm stewards enquiry! This is getting more realistic by the race!

While we are here, I messed up the start as well! I accelerated at the pit lane wall instead of the start line!

Again Jav, it is your call. No excuse for jumping the start, looking back it at it, I certainly gained an advantage from it.

Hmmm. Interesting, I shall too look at the replays. I, of course, will have no say as to what will happen, but I'm just curious.

30c9a772.jpg

df4abc8d.jpg

Buddy Adam pictured test fitting. Getting close. Pulling my seat of current and head to shop make the mount for it. Then it's prep and paint time!!!!!

Got a few ideas rolling around for paint. Also have my painter buddy stopping by today. So if he throws me a cheap price at some base coat clear coat. I will be into that.

OwensRacing
Buddy Adam pictured test fitting. Getting close. Pulling my seat of current and head to shop make the mount for it. Then it's prep and paint time!!!!!

Got a few ideas rolling around for paint. Also have my painter buddy stopping by today. So if he throws me a cheap price at some base coat clear coat. I will be into that.

I think orange and blue would be PERFECT. lol

And @hon, IRL you can accelerate whenever you want as long as you don't gain/lose any positions until the green flag is dropped. Or in our case, the leader crosses the start/finish line.

Owens: a carbon effect vinyl would look pretty stealthy!

Gatrs: hmm, didn't know that! Still I didn't exactly follow thr procedure stated in the drivers briefing. Obviously I would prefer no penalty!

Owens: a carbon effect vinyl would look pretty stealthy!

Gatrs: hmm, didn't know that! Still I didn't exactly follow thr procedure stated in the drivers briefing. Obviously I would prefer no penalty!
Fortunately for you you were on pole and you ultimately determine the pace, so you escape with no penalty.

As for the case of car 13, the incident is still under investigation.

hmm if its the case i would understand why magzire is mad lol.. The thing too is that i was taking the exact same lane since i got in the room at 7pm.. would have been interresting to know that my line was wrong,
(As per the rules of this serie..)

lol amazed you got this far not to know the rules. after lap 20 you done it nearly ever round.

lol amazed you got this far not to know the rules. after lap 20 you done it nearly ever round.

sure he must be penalized but i trust him when he said he didn't know the rules (2 tires on track) cause he did it even on the pace lap. For that I give him the benifit of the doubt.

yea, always though the rumble strips were parts of the track (pretty sure they are in any real life series).. anyway im looking the replay as we speak. I am currently at lap 12 and the only corner i judge that i cut was the one at the end of the back straight (once).. no cutting at coner 1.

Can you post the laps where you guys judge that i cutted the corners plz ?

Those bumps are there so you dont over them lol

Some examples.

Last edited:
Any room in this? I'd like to jump in- freshseth83 is the PSN if you wanna add me. I'll run the Zonda or the RX7LM in GT1 if I can.

I just watched the race again. No disrespect to Taolung, but man I threw away first place! Even if the 3 minute extension at the end was on, I doubt I would have caught him looking at it again. Still, was fun chasing him in those final laps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back